14 years with GK this month

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Wow how the time flys, joined March 2003 after a few month of lurking, this is also the 20 yr mark for GK online this year. My avatar is the very first bud I grew. It was bubblegum x bigbud.

. :animbong:

Mrgreengenes and blazerwill420 like this.
  2. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Us oldtimers have to stick together. Glad your still here buddy.

3. Justcheckingitout

Yeah I remembered you joined a couple years after me, now look your the boss. Lol. Alot of good friends and wackos have come and gone and cane back. I made new friends and learned new things that kept me in steak and lobster, all my bills and bar tabs paid. I love trading stuff for stuff. Got all the latest game systems, hotest games, furniture and the list goes on and on. But the best thing was if i had a problem like hurricane killed my grow, other members pitched in and got me goimg. I have helped others also. Sharing is caring.
    . :affro::dj::animbong::punk: :pimp:

Lvstickybud and bigbudztoo like this.
  4. Mrgreengenes

I'm coming up on 12 years myself. GK is my home for sure. :smileys-passing-joint:

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Glad you been around for the ride JCIO. Don't remember my join date, but it's definitely not as old as you and Gj.

6. Justcheckingitout

Res, did you make a new account after you joined, I always thought you were here a few years before your join date that shows now? I just wished alot of the newer old timers could of known some of the cats that use to hang around long ago. I am sure Mr. G remembers alot of em. Some real good people and some real wackos. Today its all good people most everyone is way more experienced than what it use to be. I still remember running in and turning off my one light everytime I heard a helicopter and peters 20-20-20 and bloom booster was my only nutes. One things for sure, its nice to be able to trust people here on any questions I come up with.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  7. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Seven years this October for me. That's amazing. I for sure learned a lot here, I know I'm light years from where I started. Whether that's a good thing or not....

.:chef:

8. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

congrats on the longevity, coming up on a decade myself in a few weeks

9. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Nope. Ex OverGrower who was looking for a new home back in the day. GK was a good fit and here I still be.

Before social media forums were the only place to really hang out with like minded folks and bullshit. All the wackos are still out there but they're brought to you by the good wishes of FB Twitter and Instagram instead. The forum life has now become a quiet one of running a library style information hubs that folks tap into when needed.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
    nippie likes this.
  10. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

truth....but i do see some stuff on FB every now and then, specially if i googled something like nute costs or something then you get the FB ad....read the comments on some of them is great. I've seen all kinds of stuff that just makes me want to correct people but without outing myself.

i'm starting to feel my age, i like the library

[​IMG]

11. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I saw a post from GK on Reddit. That was what led me here. I lurked for a while then knew this was the place for me. 8 years for me , come May. Don't see the need to go anywhere else.

12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Facebook is just weird, plain weird.

13. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

ten years for me this year. well, not counting my hiatus.
    congrats JCIO

Foghorn Leghorn would say Congradulations boah! You made it! Have a ceeeegar on me!

14. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Foghorn leghorn, love that cat. Lmao

15. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

Mine say I joined Nov 2004 but I know I had a few other names before this one...been a long strange and wonderful trip so far
    I loved every minute of it :)

MAD MAX

16. Justcheckingitout

You prob have been here longer than me, funny how we live where we do. We got to hook up and go back to that bar and get that bug lady high. Lol. Hey and yes I will take some help on that shed I am puting in. We will build the GK shed from hell. I will save a spot just for Mad Max clones for ya! Thanks for the offer to help me out with my stuff because of my broken leg. Your a cool dude Max glad to have you as a friend.

17. Mrgreengenes

JCIO, I have made some good friends here on GK I would help any member that lived near me if they needed help. So does any member live near Springfield MA? Im available.

18. Justcheckingitout

Mr. G It would be cool to live up that way. Alot of history there. Is that your hometown?

The first person I met and hung out with was Lemon Pie back in 2003-04 she gave me my orignal prized C99's, and I helped her out a few times, but she pissed everyone here off and got banned. I feel bad last time I talked to her, I asked her if she wanted to come over and sit on my face.
    :devil:

Seems like alot of members here live in the north/north east, the guy who originally showed me how to do the simple easy soil grow was from OH. I chance visit to his place one year turned out to be the trip of a lifetime.
    :pimp: