The Disco-Zone!

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Discorilla, Aug 21, 2012.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That short querkle looks exactly like some of his ripped bubba I grew in a table.

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I can believe that. This one is definitely like Wine. Smells like fermented Grapes while drying, but tastes like sweet wine!

Lvstickybud and blazerwill420 like this.
  3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

all these new wave Genetics are the new "it". Alot of great mixes out there. Most right here in the good ol usa. We will be the new part of the world to have great gear. Tested and grown by the best. Its a great feeling to say, yeah I know those guys. :beerchug:

Discorilla likes this.
  4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

The last two look like they could give some weight. Nice job man.

Discorilla likes this.
  5. Discorilla

Thanks for the love, guys!

Here's the skunk dom Pure Gooey!
    [​IMG]

Here's some Rosin I squished last night:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lvstickybud and nippie like this.
  6. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

did you make that with the parchment paper and hair iron method ? looks great

7. Discorilla

SmashLab Temp controlled plates attached to 12 ton press. I'm going to start a Rosin Thread, where I'll post a pic of my setup and future squish videos and such.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
    Lvstickybud and bigbudztoo like this.
  8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That rosin looks like it has a red tint to it. Looks good!

nippie and Discorilla like this.
  9. Discorilla

Thank you! It tastes good too!

Lvstickybud and nippie like this.
  10. ResinRubber

What kind of yield are you getting off that press?

11. Discorilla

Haven't weighed it out yet, but I'd guess somewhere around 20%. I'll have to weigh out the flower and oils, and get a number.

12. ResinRubber

That'd be a right sweet number. Always had the impression yields were spotty with rosin press. Question- Does anybody use alcohol to polish and strain out any planty'ish bits? Or aren't there many in the first place?

Might have to look at DIY'ing some heat plates for the old shop press.

Discorilla likes this.
  13. Discorilla

There are filter bags you can use to keep the plant material out of the rosin.

14. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Just when I get to growing new top knotch strains, you guys got me wanting to start making the sticky stuff. Lol. My question is, does it take alot of trim to make a small amount. (I know if you use bud you can get more). But could you get a decent/small amout off a plant or two of trim?

The more it looks like a bloody hacked up lugie the better it is? I have seen the green and amber.

15. Discorilla

LOL! Some strains put off different colors in rosin. The Querkle I have happens to gush out purple and red that looks like blood.

Trim will give you some return, but buds, kief, and hash are what this was meant for

Last edited: May 21, 2017
  16. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Have you pressed bubble hash yet with rosin.

17. Discorilla

Yes, some of the first presses were done with bubble. I believe my yields were better squishing from buds, though. The taste from nug was a bit better, too.

nippie likes this.
  18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

So is that the only hope with rising press and trim?

19. Discorilla

For trim, I would make it into bubble/sift and then press it into Rosin. It's less satisfying when you squish something that doesn't have much to extract.

For flower, I would press the nugs into Rosin. I need to find the best size filter to use, because I've found that a couple of the hits from the above Rosin have grit that's left behind.

20. ResinRubber

That's why I was asking about polishing. A quick winterizing and filter would grab the gritty shit. Then it's just evap and smoke.

Discorilla likes this.