Lemonberry Grow Off!

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Mrgreengenes, May 24, 2017.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Resinrubber and I were talking on the phone just the other day, and he asked me if I would be interested in doing a judged comparison grow off with Lemonberry. :) I'm like oh yea this will be fun.smoking Banana
    When both plants are done they will be judged on overall plant appearance and on Flower appearance.
    We both have rooted clones. Resin I have a girl ready to place in a pot. let me know when and we shall try and veg the same time and flower the same time. I'll need 4 weeks before I flip to Flower with the next batch I'm working on.

Discorilla likes this.
  2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Clones are rooted and ready for dirt tomorrow. I told GJ I was gonna cheat and put a dozen or so into flower and pick the best. It's the only shot I got. The ghost of Bob Barker be strong with this one for he throws frosty nuggs every time, so I need every edge I can get.

Pics of dirt cuts coming Wednesday night. Figure mine will be running a week or two slower than yours because you're an alien growing in hempy and I'm a lowly dirt farmer.

ducrider, Lvstickybud and Discorilla like this.
  3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Do you know the hempy man, the hempy man!

This is going to be the first of a yearly tradition I can tell already

So certin members get a taste and a clone of each to help judge the contest on the smoke/taste part then, ok sounds great to me! :lmao::lmao:

4. ResinRubber

You are going hempy right? That'll make it even more fun. Not to blow my own horn, but we're both pretty comfortable with our chosen styles of gardening so it'll be a good comparison of dirt vs hempy for LemonBerry in the best possible conditions.

Lvstickybud likes this.
  5. Mrgreengenes

Yes I'll grow hempy with the Lemonberry.
    Let the games begin.

6. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Watching

7. Mrgreengenes

I put The lemon berry clone I'm going to use for the contest in the pot today. and I also want to point out this is not the official thread.
    IMG_6968.JPG

8. Mrgreengenes

My wife and I watch the Cooking Channel and Bobby Flay is a well-known chef. There's a show where other cooks go up against him sometimes he wins sometimes he loses.
    I think every growth cycle for fun I would be willing to go up against anybody and see who ends up with the best plant and flowers at the end of the grow. Anyone want to play.

ResinRubber likes this.
  9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

grabs a seat, i wanna see this.

so you guys listing nutes, temps, lights, conditions etc?

10. Mrgreengenes

We can. What say you ResinRubber?

11. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Man oh man you are some brave souls. I'd flop under the pressure, roach my girl and disappoint the world.

Lvstickybud likes this.
  12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'll be your huckleberry.

13. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Mr g, you got a big branchy clone there. Thats going to give it the purdy crown of buds. Take note Res hes allready got the jump on ya! :pimp::roll:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  14. ResinRubber

Well, round one goes squarely to da' Boss. My cuts took a beating in transplant are wilty little turds with flabby bellies. Built a nice corner and put a 200W T5 set over them. They'll be bright and perky in a day or two and ready to find which is going to be my hero plant.

MrGj and one mighty clone: 1

Res and 15 (yeah, I cheat) pieces of soggy lettuce: 0

Here they be. 10 minutes after transplant.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

But....this lil' beaut was once a soggy little wisp herself. So we'll wait and see....:cool:

[​IMG]

Guess it's game on. Should each of us run a thread or keep it all in one place?

And I'm cool with garden specifics.

I'll be transplanting once into 2.5 gallon pots for veg and flower when they outgrow the nursery pots.
    The same easy organic soil mix posted on GK with half the blood meal and bone meal. (Haven't grown this cut before so it pays to start light.)
    Supplements outside of the soil mix are molasses, Neptune's Harvest Fish/Seaweed fert and Neptune's Kelp fert. (Again, new cut so keep it simple.)
    I'll be vegging under several 4 bulb HO T5 fixtures.
    Flower under 600w HPS.

I'll keep updated with any variations from the above or when supplemental feedings take place and shit.

Other than that...I guess it's hope for good temps.Cup of coffee

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  15. SuperMoChombo

I;m guessing that hempy and RR dirt mix have similar growth rates, all other things being equal.

16. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

yea, i think hempy would have a higher but would love to see this test side by side.

but i want to see this throw down

i still don't know how you dirt guys do it, i just would never could never do dirt again. got some happy frog soil for veggies, fucking aphids. never seen an aphid on any of my plants (actual garden) in my entire life. get soil from hydro store and the veggie garden is crawling.....with the exception of my aquaponics

17. ResinRubber

You gets a system down. For my regular garden it's nursery pots to veg/flower pots and never feed or supplement again. Water water water for 14 weeks. No mixing, no change outs, no ph drift.

If you premix and age your soil mix in bins it tends to keep down any hitchhiker pests. But for the record...Happy Frog or any of that canna specific shit from Cali tends to be junk carrying lots of pests. At least that's been my experience. Promix, Sunshine or other major manufacturers that supply general greenhouse mixes in bulk are what you want. Fox Farms can get away with their crap because small time cannabis hobbyist's don't know better. But a major greenhouse won't put up with pests in their mix and their suppliers realize it.

18. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

What nip said, I can't grow weed for shit if it's inside and in soil.

19. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

For me, Pro mix is the ticket. It is clean . I have had to deal with thrips and fungus gnats once and that was years ago. Never had spider mites ( knock on wood ) and I get good results from my grows

ResinRubber likes this.
  20. SuperMoChombo

The reason I stay away from dirt is I am disturbingly aroused by the smell of fish fert. Started having way too much "fun" in the garden...