Duc's Spring run, it's a mixed bag.

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by ducrider, Apr 11, 2017.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'll second that about the popcorn and edibles. Pennies do indeed turn into dollars.

ResinRubber likes this.
  2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

ducrider
    "The two to the against the right hand wall are what I hope are the last mislabeled Dabney's hiding out in a Girl Scout uniform.."
    ResinRubber
    "Nice to see somebody making religious use of stake tags. Best habit a guy can get into is tagging everything."

I'll agree with that, as long as you write the correct strain!!! Lol

ducrider likes this.
  3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

So true Lvs so true. Reusing Solo cups from one strain to another round after round makes it too easy to forget to cross off the old labels when planting clones. I'm going to do myself a favor & splurge on different color cups for each strain and try break the cycle.. lol

Lvstickybud likes this.
  4. ducrider

OK who's the wise guy who slipped past security & sprayed one of the Dabney's with Round up... Yay a new problem! lol. 7 weeks in and out of nohere what looked like a healthy Dabney wilts and dies almost overnight all while the rest of the garden is banging on as usual. When watering I always heft a least half of the pots in the group to make sure they're all using water at about the same rate or to keep track of the ones that use more water to avoid an super healthy one from going dry. Well last watering this Dabney was still quite heavy so I let it sit a few days before watering, I didn't think much of it until it began to wilt a day or so later. Just two days later she was dying.

I pull it from the garden this evening & tossed pretty much the whole thing in the trash saving a few buds here and there for the hash bin.. It's a mystery

A few shots of the deceased, viewer discretion is advised.

dead dabney-1.jpg dead dabney-1-3.jpg dead dabney-1-2.jpg

5. ducrider

Meanwhile the rest of the garden looks like this..:smileys-passing-joint:

dead dabney not-1.jpg

ResinRubber likes this.
  6. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Ouch, I lost a bunch of clones I had in perlite/solo cups this week. Looked exactly the same. Operator error on my part though. Got so involved working on projects around here that I completely forgot about all my hempy stuff. Woke up the other day and all the hempy stuff I have outside was completely wilted and all my clones were fried. I managed to save all the large hempy stuff but the clones are in the composter. I've had crap luck with clones this year too.

7. ducrider

I'm going to chalk it up an operator error/ mystery because I really have no clue as to why this one stopped drinking 6 wks in to flower but there's no one to blame by me... They're flowered out in 3 gallon pots and they all get one gallon off water when the pots start to get light. In my garden when things are chugging away that's every 3-4 days. Every couple of days I heft the front row of pots and when they're light they get watered. The Dabney that died was in the back corner and hard to reach so it wasn't checked like the ones up front. I know water uptake slowed just not why or for how long before she kicked the bucket. Ultimately over watering did her in.

And WTF is with clones this year? Gong back to basics with Rapid Rooter plugs and a dome have saved the day around here more than once when the aero cloner produced nothing but very pretty green cuts with rotted stems lol

8. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Nobody can clone this year. Me, you, blaze.

Are you re-using the fabric pots? Maybe that one didn't get cleaned out enough and some manky shit festered? Whatever the cause it seems like that plant died of something worse than overwatering (which seems hard to do in fabric pots?) A big healthy plant like that would be harder to drown than a smaller plant? It happened quick too, right?

Aside from that one plant, looks like a nice run.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  9. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I'm wondering what the hell happened to all the cloning machines myself. All of a sudden they stop working? A cloner strike? I went from a couple of years of 100% to ..., shit I don't even know, some 50%, some even worse? I know that it works correctly but it doesn't work correctly. I even changed all the sprayers out and it didn't get any better results. I'm thinking that the government took control of them and made them suck us in and then whammy us all with failure.

ResinRubber and blazerwill420 like this.
  10. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Looking good ducrider! See you next weekend!

11. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Add me to the cloner failure list. i was sitting around all smug thinking "what's the Problem ? Before this last run i only had 1 fail to root out of 12. Next run suddenly only 2 out of 12 started. Cleaned the hell out of the cloner, new sprayer manifold and misters. Just started 20 cuts today and we will see.

SuperMoChombo likes this.
  12. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'm pretty sure I figured out my clone issue. I was running cubes way too wet and had them in a room that was to cold. I've had some in my garage now for 8 days (it gets way over 100 in there during the day) and, fingers crossed, girl you be lookin good!

ducrider and bigbudztoo like this.
  13. ducrider

Lately using bottle water and replacing the neoprene plugs with a fresh set has help. Last round the aerocloner surprised with almost a 90% success rate. All the cuts that rooted had a goodly amount of healthy roots but it took almost 2 wks. I still prefer using rapid rooters with a dome tho because they alway root waaay before I see roots from the cloner.

14. ducrider

Oh I'm certain that pot wasn't washed. I don't think I've washed out a pot in at least a year or so. Maybe you're on to something. Lol

15. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm kinda back in the game I got 26 out of 64 in the big cloner, and I'm backing up every run with a fresh set of cuts in a RR tray with dome for the first week or so. I also pulled out the old Klone king and got that going. I've always had good luck with that, despite it's annoying puck placement procedure.

16. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Speaking from experience. I'd rather be throwing away clones than scraping for filler plants to put in the flower garden. Makes paying the bills even tougher when there's empty space or low quality plants in there.

17. ducrider

I couldn't agree with that more, in a weird way it felt good to toss out 6-8 nicely rooted cuts when there just wasn't room for them.
    Fillers & running short on clones will cost ya!

The same goes for trying for trying to rush Mother Nature by shortening a little veg time just to stick to a set schedule. Every time I've made that mistake it's cost me a solid 5 zips.

ResinRubber likes this.
  18. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Guilty of that one myself on occasion. Arggg

bigbudztoo likes this.
  19. ducrider

Meanwhile behind door #2...
    GSC 8 weeks in,
    GSC small pot 8 wks-1.jpg GSC small pot 8 wks-1-3.jpg GSC small pot 8 wks-1-2.jpg

20. ducrider

Time flies... It took some doing but the mites have been dealt with & the garden is humming right along. The predatory mites while amusing to watch attack spider mites they really weren't up to the task at hand. Azimax however kicks ass & with regular applications every 3-5 days those little fuckers were taken care of in a couple of weeks and I made to harvest. With the first mite free round about to be harvested I wanted post up a few photos..

First up, BB's Cheese at 8 wks.
    CHEESE  8 WKS-1.jpg CHEESE 8 WKS-1.jpg

Girl Scout Cookie. I run these for 9 wks.
    GSC AT  8 WKS-1.jpg
    GSC AT  8 WKS-1-2.jpg cheese 7 wks-1.jpg

Last but certainly not least a little Lemonberry GJcut

Lemonberry 8 WKS-1.jpg
    and one of the whole gang at 8 wks.
    group shot 8 WKS-1.jpg