Lemonberry grow off!

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by Mrgreengenes, Jul 30, 2017.

1. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Wow that is some gorgeous chunk! nicely done!

2. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

You should try hempys, and get out of the 70s with the tomato cages and switch to gro thru screens

blazerwill420 likes this.
  3. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I ended up with 71 grams or 2.5 ounces of dried flower. Not bad.
    Your flowers look great ResinRubber! Great job!

Lvstickybud likes this.
  4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Damn, I knew you'd get me on weight. The alien still rules.

I grew a LB plant au naturel with the others with no topping as a comparison and that plant went 170g wet. Plants that that were topped into two or more mainstems produced between 185g and 193g. LB really tends to appreciate forced branching.

This was fun.:p Still thinking we need a tester though.:rolleyes:

Still digging being a dirty old guy. No res to change. No bottles of guru syrup to deal with. Simplicity is king in my gardens. Set it and forget it is the goal. I'm thinking I'll get the pheno to around a 3oz average without too much trouble which is one of the reasons I'm really diggin' on this pheno..

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
    ducrider and Lvstickybud like this.
  5. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Whats the difference in the lemon berry phenos?

6. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Great job guys!

7. SuperMoChombo

Hey I'm roughly halfway between you guys. Just sayin...

8. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I'll be your huckleberry.

9. nippie

Screens help, stop strech for tie down, gives more support when moving things around

Lemonberry is still my highest yeilding plant ever, miss her, miss lush more if anyone has beans from hup laying around hint hint

10. SuperMoChombo

What was the lemon from in lemonberry? The berry was dabney, right?

11. nippie

Lemon thai x dabney i believe, got mine from hup with lush which was lemon thai x og kush (san frenedo cut i believe)

12. ResinRubber

Yep.

13. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

So... different phenos? Or the same? Were both chopped around 7 weeks? They sure do look nice.

14. ResinRubber

Same phenos. I used to have a LB pheno that took more to the Lemon Thai side of the spectrum. Turned out to be a finicky plant so ditched it in favor of this one.

15. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Donor? Damn what a nice pheno. Her nugs look very solid. I had an 8 weeker when we beta tested that I had around for awhile. Must be related. lol

16. SuperMoChombo

I've smoked a fair amount of lemonberry that Duc grew out. Not sure if same pheno. Was truly great smoke. Tasted great, stoned as fuck. Nugs were like golf balls. It would take us all day to smoke one, smeared with BHO.

ducrider likes this.
  17. ResinRubber

Same cut. If you trim out the lower branching every flower site becomes a nugg. Every damn one. It makes me wonder after Nip commented about his testers from Hupla being a Kush cross. I've grown both the Lemon Thai strain and the Dab that Useless and Fusion said were used as parents and neither of them flower tight rounded flowers like this LB pheno. And neither of the other LB phenos I've previously grown compare. This pheno flowers EXACTLY like a Kush.

Thinking Fusion might have had a secret up their sleeve.Cup of coffee

Can't wait to cure a jar for myself. If early samples are any indicator, methinks it's going to be top notch.

ducrider and Lvstickybud like this.
  18. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

JCIO, I know of three different phenos for LB. there’s the lemon pheno that res & GJ just grew out and two others that I grew from seed. One was super branch like Dabney only the branches where so spindly they weren’t able to support there own weight beyond week 4, I let that pheno go. The third one I kept. It’s more like Lemon Thai , shot and stocky with tightly spaced nodes. She’s got that Thai aftertaste too. I’ve only flowered her once and even though she was only 18” going into flower I ended up with 1 1/2 zips in the jar.

Other than the pheno I have from seed I think we’re all working with the same pheno/cut of LB.

Duc

19. ResinRubber

I kept the Thai leaning pheno originally. It can produce mind blowing sized colas, but can also be a finicky plant and can run into 9-10 week flowering. The keeper for sure is the one GJ kept and we both grew out for this little shindig.