Grower blues

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I think this past heat and small grow space, down time with storms and deaths in family has got me the growers blues.

I cant focus on what gives me passion on getting in there to clone, pop seeds and baby my plants. I cant even get the energy to get old shit cleaned up.

Wtf has happened. Playing guitar and growing are my two fav things in life next to eating puss and taking care of my family. I havent picked up a guitar in forever, I havent even smoked in weeks. Which is a 30+ year record. I guess I need to pick up my balls and get moving.

2. WithoutFathom

WithoutFathom New Member

It's the ebb and flow of things, they come and go, gets good gets bad, from beer to coke to weed to gin to tequila to weed...who is this?

This has made me think perhaps its time to take a step back and realign myself with the things I enjoy

Happy Growin' :pimp:

Did you eat my GK account while I was gone

Justcheckingitout likes this.
  3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Regroup, let things die out out til you get the itch. It happens, i got so burnt out once i swore i was done. I was tired of the stress, the money, etc.

Cut back, get a small led or light, provide your smoke for a few months until you want to do it. Passion makes for better grows because you watch for everything. When burntout you let things happen and its not worth the risk.

Sucks man, weve all been there. When its a chore not a hobby. Relax and regroup, then kill it again

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

JCIO, I've been there to. I thought about it once. I find it helps to switch things up once in a while. I use to grow with seed only then went to clones only and started to get bored.
    I will get new seed strains once and a while and grow out new genetics. It helps to keep me excited about growing.

5. Justcheckingitout

Its like I got no time but it only takes a few mins a day to water and to plant/clone, change a res, I am a fast trimmer so shit, I got no real excuse except I lost the drive. It does seem like a chore. I can remember the excitment of growing, just dont feel it.

Fuck I am getting old.

6. Justcheckingitout

Green G, how you been man! You got anything in the garden?

7. Justcheckingitout

Thats exactly how it feels

8. Justcheckingitout

Thanks Mr, G, a new set up would get me going, but I am loving hempy, I think I will dig out some new seeds and a couple I accidently crossed and make a go if it.

9. WithoutFathom

WithoutFathom New Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg Heya mr GJ, Well I just plowed under my corn and tilled my summer garden into nothingness...my first year as a farmer , and I dint get to the farm till may so most things didn't produce much from starting late. But I also didn't know you have to plant a certain amount of corn in order for it to pollinate properly. So I've got a bunch of corn fodder for the cows but none for myself Lesson learned for next year

Started building my winter aquaponics garden in the garage, papertowelled 4 guerrilla glue #4 seeds, three popped and are poking out their second set of fan leaves

But that's about it other than the usual, catnip, mint, sage, rosemary, I do have some citronella plants which is exciting, the don't seem to clone well so far, we'll see how they do with the fish setup. I also started a carnivorous plant section with Venus fly traps both green and blue, enchantress es, several varieties of pitcher plant. But I can't seem to get past the early growth stage, I'm hoping being next to the pond will help.

I'm going to get chickens sometime this week once I finish their poop free watering system. Spent the past couple weeks making chicken ramps and brooding boxes

10. Justcheckingitout

I smoked it up for the first time in a while and poof! Got the kick to whip up some hempy and start cloning. I am going to clone more tomorrow. I think the first 4 on the left are Dabneys, they could be Bruce Banners, had BB on the mother plant markers and forgot which they were, hopefully Dabs. The one on the far right is grapefruit C99. I was in a hurry to clone I didnt rinse the tub, but there is tomorow. 20171029_200437.jpg

bigbudztoo likes this.
  11. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Nice! :bigok:

Back in the saddle again... :beerchug:

Happy Growin' :pimp:

12. Justcheckingitout

So i got the old seeds out of the fridge and got to thinking i should just do more seed runs then thought about all the space for clones and stuff, then it hit me, reveg! I can run 20 seeds and which plants i want to keep i just reveg that bitch. Why the fuck did i not consider this before??? I did a great job on saving a dabney blueberry with reveg, why not use reveg instead of clone everything and save space.

So my question is a old one, how many times can you reveg a plant and not mess it up??

13. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

0 :pimp: :roll:

Define messed up...it'll always flower I'm pretty sure, and it will forever have retards for leaves, if I remember correctly.