Hey

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by HeadCase, Nov 13, 2017.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

What's up guys been awhile . The wife is trying to get her medical cannabis permit in Maryland. What a joke you can't even grow it and they don't have any clinics open. Been 4 years since they legalize medical marijuana.Hey just wanted to say hi .Seems like every time I log on I'm the only member .
    Later -Bud

2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

You were talking about getting some beans going last time I saw you here. Still moving that way or is it on standby ? Anyway, good to see you on the board.

HeadCase likes this.
  3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Hey man, yeah, I think alot of people are on vacation or somewhere? Not alot of people posting past week or so.

Your state sounds like FL. We are med legal but its all messed up. Only vape and edibles and cbd allowed but i have not seen or heard anyone benefiting from it.

HeadCase likes this.
  4. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Bud, Maryland is ridiculous! A friend of mine has had his card for at least a month however without any dispensaries able to open their doors for business what’s the point of issuing card.

HeadCase likes this.
  5. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

ohio has taken about a year, all the smaller ones contracts were awarded, a few large contracts still to be handed out. preinspections before anyone can start their garden though for final approvals. so im guessing another 6 months before we see a roll out.

biggest prob is no doctors here

HeadCase likes this.
  6. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah man, this place seems dead compared to days of old. I just returned a few weeks ago and I'm the only one on when I sign in. IMO the site isn't as user friendly as it used to be. Still growing the bud and chasing the golf ball most of my waking hours. Getting to old to get into much more.
    Be Cool, CG

HeadCase likes this.
  7. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Not growing anything yet

8. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

They have one in Frederick and one in Salisbury

9. Justcheckingitout

If we all hang out we can relive the glory days with our cane's. :animbong:

In the past year a bunch of oldtimers were in and out, stash, mermaid, useless, canna Girl, sfc, lukes mommy, skunky, a 1/2 dozen more. wizzard was just here, now Green G, now Headcase and CG are back and hanging. Gk did a web site host change and there were some problems at first, a few of reg members got mad took off because of the problems. Most are fixed and somethings like posting pics is way easier and can be done straight from the phone. But alot of old pics and links got messed up in the change. My saying is it took alot of us to build the site up and we need to hang around and help those still holding the reigns keep it up and going if we want it to thrive.

Greengrower12 and HeadCase like this.
  10. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

I'm in for the long run , but i am also working on designing an aircraft...so if I get too stoned I might get highly occupied by my other hobby :roll: funny you mention canes, I threw out my back a few days ago, luckily on the same day I got some airframe engineering books in the mail...makes being stuck in bed an educational experience...if only I could pay attention with all the pain killers in my bloodstream :roll:

Happy grown' peeps :pimp:

11. Green Goblin

Tracking is much easier when everyone registers... :pimp:

ducrider likes this.
  12. bigbudztoo

What type of aircraft are you designing ? Is it your design totally or a kit ?
    Very curious .

13. Green Goblin

image.jpeg

100% me, down to the very last bit of safety wire :pimp:

Inspired by Don Mitchell's Goodyear racer. The plane was never built as the rules were changed during its development, presumably, to preclude it from the race...30% less drag = unfair advantage, of course under the guise that tailless craft are uncontrollable(which isn't true)

http://www.twitt.org/GoodyearRacer.html

I've been building models of this silly thing for a long time...now I'm graduating, my thesis: 1/2 scale model for stress analysis...nerdery :pimp:

bigbudztoo likes this.
  14. bigbudztoo

I read the specs. Wow, 245 on 85 ponies ? oh yeah....Thanks for the info.

15. Green Goblin

Indeed :pimp: did you know about the 80hp 3cyl turbo Diesel? 1.8gph at cruise :roll:

Losing the tail feathers alone can net 15-30% drag reduction. Ditching Mr Mitchell's misguided aerodynamic direction, an additional 11% can be gained. Look up "nasa prandtl project" it's really old tech, 1930-ish. But the benefits are rather peculiar. In short using bell shaped lift distribution across the planforms and computer aided flow investigations, we can cause the tip vortex to shed inboard without using additional aerodynamic structures. In this configuration when the control surface moves down the vortex is directed closer to perpendicular to the structure. The vortex then causes propulsive forces....pro-verse yaw.

Yes, I'm a nerd :pimp:

16. bigbudztoo

1.8 GPH. with the cost of avgas , that is and exponential leap . Eliminate wing tip vortex is another. I am no engineer but I am a retired ATC and have a couple of hundred hours logged as a pilot. If wake turbulence was no longer an issue, you could really line em up on final and not worry about a small aircraft getting spun into the ground behind a heavy.

17. Justcheckingitout

Its easier to eat some mushrooms and fly. Hard landings thou. Lol. I hate to fly and plane and guitarist dont mix. Randy Rhoads died not far from me. If he were alive he could tell ya.

HeadCase likes this.
  18. Green Goblin

Tip vortex is not eliminated, if you understand how tip vortex originates, the downwash across the whole trailing edge makes the vortex as it is with most aircraft(elliptical lift distribution) [{badly stated but I refuse to recuse myself until...oh look a penny}]with bell shaped lift distribution curves the inboard airfoil produces downwash, the outboard airfoil produces upwash(aoa is typically negative at the tip), and the vortex sheds between the two planforms and is much less constrained than the afore mentioned. The control surface is located within the area this vortex sheds. Wake vortex would still be present but much less violent than say an airliner of equal mass

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  19. bigbudztoo

ok, I get it now. I think. LOL.....I always just planned my glide path above the airliners and touched down beyond their touch down point to avoid the wing tip vortices.

20. Green Goblin

I once was squished between 2 behemoths at LAX...kinda like a riding in a washing machine with a rocket ejector. The only time I ever took a high speed exit ramp at well above landing speeds...and the last time I entered such airspace in the front seat :roll:

Fuckin dick of an ATC if you ask me

I'm starting a new thread... :pimp: Haaaayy :wave:

bigbudztoo likes this.