If you had the chance to play with AC/DC?

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Justcheckingitout, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Well guess what spot just opened up. (Well Malcolms nephue filled in on tbe 2015 tour) Guess whos friend is best friends with the band and management and has worked with them for years? Guess whos friend can get a adution? Guess which guy can and has played AC/DC tunes onstage? Yeah sure it would just be a paid tour salary, but guess which band will be wanting to do a new album for their lost comrade? Guess who could be playing on that albumb and get publish rights to maybe the last album of the band? Guess whos got the set list of the last 5 years and is going to nail every riff of those tunes and show up to the adution if there is one whith my friend as back up and a big foot in the door.

RIP Malcom. I will gladly keep your spot warm.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  2. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Dudeness... :pimp:

3. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Malcolm was the core of the band. One of the best rhythm guitarist fucking ever. He loved the semi-hollow bodies with heavy strings for the thick deep sound. I had an Gibson ES for years and loved it. My fav, by far, in my Les Paul. Had an SG but it was way too small for my big hands but his brother Angus can flat tear one up. Oh, I haven't heard anything from the "Guess Who" in years Sarcasm
    RIP Malcolm!!!
    Be Cool, CG

4. Justcheckingitout

Yeah the band was plaged with problems in the past few years. Drumer was trying to hire a guy to be killed and had got dui's, the singer Brian Johnson had hearing problems and basicly got fired and rehired, Angus and Malcolms brother died. Malcolm had deminsia and had to quit, but if they decide to make another go of it and have guitarist adutions, you can bet I will be there.

5. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah man, you were talking about moving so I guess Australia would a pretty good place to start.
    Be Cool, CG

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Good luck. May your fingers be magic on the frets.

7. Justcheckingitout

Now my wife let the cat out of the bag online and every tom, dick and hairy guitarist is trying to get in, the band is pretty much almost done, but at their age its all they know, so fingers still crossed I can get my foot in the door if it cracks open.

8. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Good luck , Brother. When do you think auditions / decision will come ?

9. Justcheckingitout

I havent heard anything, its prob going to be they call it quits for good (which I dont think will happen yet) or they will see if their nephue Steve young will play again (hes is still considered curent guitarist) althou I know he doesnt want to continue, or they get a stuido adution fill in, At the age of the band and what stuff left they may do I dont see them getting a Permanente guitarist. Plus if they let Axel Rose in as lead singer again, forget it. Hes a a hole and I cant believe they even worked with him. Money makes people do stupid shit.

I am going to dig out a recording of one of the bands I played in doing 'For those about to rock" and I want to see what you all think about how well it sounds for a live recording.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  10. CREATIVE GARDENER

Yeah those cats are getting pretty old but I still think they could sell a shitload of tickets when and if they do play. Axel Rose????? I know money talks but DAMN!!! Gook luck, it'd be so cool to tell friends I've chatted, about guitars, with the new guitarist for AC-DC. :You_Rock_Emoticon:
    Be Cool, CG

11. Justcheckingitout

I seen my buddy that knows/works with the band last night, he didnt say anything about what was going on but he liked the post on facebook i sent him and he gave me a hug and said he will catch me on facebook. So not sure. I didnt want to bug him, it was a christmas party we were at.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  12. Max Rockatansky

Max Rockatansky Hurricane wrestler.......

Thats always rough...you wanna chase your dream but at the same time you don't wanna alienate your friend.....

13. Justcheckingitout

Well a few weeks ago I talked with my buddy (lighting guy for ac/dc and personal friend), he said axel rose was brought in to finish the 2015 concert for Brian. He seen Brian at Malcoms funeral and there was talk about a,album with axel and its a we will see but (bet it will happen since we have seen them in the studio) maybe I can get brian and some of my metal head dudes to show off if they dont take him back. No way i will adution if they hold them to play with axel. He is a fucking baby, shit starter that has huge meltdowns and starts yelling at other musicians, I have been in enough bands with asshole rose type people and no thanks.