Carbon filter

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by HeadCase, Jan 16, 2018.

1. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I'm looking for a good 6 in. Carbon filter one that works one that you have used before.any thoughts-Bud

2. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I've only used a 6" Mountain Air. It does an excellent job with odor removal and a moderately good job dispersing small carbon particles everywhere. Could be that it doesn't like the inside to outside air flow direction, but I'm stuck with it. I use a filter bag over it to catch the carbon.

Six grows though it and it seems to work as good as new.

HeadCase likes this.
  3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I used to be in the you get what you pay for camp but when it came time to replace the scrubbers this year I opted for the cheapest ones I could find on amazon. I couldn’t tell you he name of the brand but the 6” can was under $45 and the 8” ones were around $65-75. So far they’re working well-that said none of them I’ve tried will completely eliminate a super fragrant strain beyond 6 weeks or so. It’s doubtful that the elcheapo scrubbers will last as long a CAN or other higher spec scrubbers will but so far so good.

Good to see you back at it!!

Duc

HeadCase likes this.
  4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I picked up a 6 inch Phresh -Bud

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  5. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

The carbon dust is generally from high velocity, you could T 2 together might eliminate the need for the sock and increase overall airflow if temps are an issue

HeadCase likes this.
  6. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I’m curious,why did you chose to push air through the scrubber?

7. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

I went with
    the phresh because I was reading about carbon filters and it was between Phresh & mountain air the mountain cost more.

8. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Duc, I was looking to use the carbon filter as a muffler too, something it does pretty well. I never gave much thought to the possibility of carbon coming out and now I'm kinda stuck.

I guess I should have known something was up when the cardboard box that the filter came in had about a teaspoon of carbon loose in it.

9. 6" Mountain Air is really great in filtering..

10. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:roll:

11. WeedDicar

WeedDicar New Member

I'd Google that. I guess there is a good online shop that sell them.