Serious Cold Shock

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by jalen, Jan 4, 2018.

?

Can this cold burn/shock be fixed?

1. It is fixable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Your crop is gone

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jalen

jalen New Member

F31F33C0-766D-4C98-A059-0BD4F70F373E.jpeg 73F4C430-4049-46D2-823E-955C798D545A.jpeg 0FF8041F-41EC-40B8-AE32-D26160C3B80A.jpeg Okay so I am in a huge mess up, I tried to be smart and place my spider mite infected plants outside in 30 degree weather for approximately 5-10 minutes, thinking it was going to kill them, later on did I read that they are insuperable to cold bc they go into hibernation. So that was a waste. But now I run into my plants being in cold shock, I know that cold shock is fixable normally by itself but never have a read about temperatures being this low, so nobody has ever confirmed if this can be fixed. Now they look terrible, this happened last night. Is my crop dead or will they bounce back within time?

2. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Sorry, but those are goners...parts may come back but most likely not. The one on the left in the last pic,looks to have the best chance of recovering

Are you breeding? There's boys in there :pimp:

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I would save the best looking one if you wanted to try and trash the others, unless you have space and time to try but they do look pretty far cold crispy.

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That didn't happen from 10 minutes at 30 degrees, more like ten hours at 30 degrees.

5. jalen

jalen New Member

yes im breeding, at least I was

6. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Dang, sorry to hear that...that's a shit ton of work,

7. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

That def sucks, but lession learned, Are you going to try to save any of them? There are some good tips and tricks here on GK about spider mites. They get the best of us here and there. :pimp:

8. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Dead. Lesson, don't do stupid shit that can kill your plants without fully researching it first. You gots the interwebs. You obviously know how to use it. Interwebs makes us smarter. Not using interwebs makes us dumber.

Heat kills spidermites, not cold. Heat plus diatomaceous earth plus pyrethrin equals dead mites and is good to get of russet mites too. Now you're smarter. Go grow some more plants and use the interwebs when you get another dumb idea.

9. Save them that can be saved bro, sorry for your loss. Better luck next time.