Herb's new grow...

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Herb, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Flowering has officially begun....here they are on day 2 of 12/12 filling in the gaps nicely.

Flower Day 2 - 04 16 18 003.jpg

2. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

My first round of clones using the rockwool cubes didn't do so hot. I let the cubes stay too wet, didn't score the stems, and as a result the clones all perished. So today after trimming all the under-growth (day 5 of 12/12) I took some of the cuttings and put them into the bubble cloner. This is the same cloner Greenthumb420 built for me YEARS ago. I knew I had it laying around somewhere and dug through all my moving boxes to finally find it there just like I left it. Had to rebuild one of the air pumps and get everything back into working condition but it will be well worth the effort. This thing roots clones nicely.....crossing my fingers anyway. I thought I had the rockwool method down too...guess I was a bit rusty.

Clones Day 1 - 04 18 18 001.jpg

Clones Day 1 - 04 18 18 002.jpg

Clones Day 1 - 04 18 18 004.jpg

3. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Is that a plastic cake cover?

4. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

looking good Herb -Bud

Herb likes this.
  5. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Ummmmmm...maybe? LOL! I'm moving up from chicken containers to cake covers. :chef:

6. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Looking good, Herb! I know I'm late to the party, but glad to see you back.

7. Justcheckingitout

I was going to ask if it was a up grade. Lol. But it's a great idea.

8. Justcheckingitout

Also is that pieces of a water hose the clones are in?

9. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Thank you...glad to be back.

10. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

The cake cover is definitely an upgrade Check. Chicken containers are SO yesterday's news. :roll:

I'm not sure exactly what he used....they are short bits of rubber hose that have been sliced lengthwise so that when you pull the clones out you don't have to disturb the roots by pulling the clone through the tube...you can simply open the rubber hose and get the clone out that way instead. Very clever indeed. I'm still sold on the bubble cloner method myself.

11. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Day 10 of flower. I did another quick prune yesterday to thin out the canopy allowing better light to the crowns, and took off any lower branches that would never see the light of day.

Flower Day 10 - 04 24 18 001.jpg

Chocolate Cream:

Flower Day 10 - 04 24 18 003.jpg

Gorilla Bomb:

Flower Day 10 - 04 24 18 005.jpg

AK Widow 47:

Flower Day 10 - 04 24 18 007.jpg

Hashchis:

Flower Day 10 - 04 24 18 009.jpg

Sweet Soma:

Flower Day 10 - 04 24 18 011.jpg

12. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Remember to keep a real close eye on feminize plants into week three flower. If they’re going to hurt me that’s when they do it. Otherwise they look really great buddy!

Discorilla likes this.
  13. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Will do my friend. Thanks for the heads up too. I've got my eyes open for sure.

14. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Day 16 of flowering.

Flower day 16 - 04 30 18 002.jpg

bigbudztoo and Justcheckingitout like this.
  15. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

Another week gone by and another update. Had to boost my nutes as the Chocolate Cream, Gorilla Bomb, and the Sweet Soma were nitrogen hogs and are showing signs of chlorosis. The compost works well for the initial stretch of 12/12 but these plants can deplete the soil quicker than the soil can put out available nutes for the plants to use so I had to start feeding. Maybe if I had larger pots like I do for my tomatoes (they are in 25 gallon pots) then I could get away without using nutes but such is not the case. Limited room means less medium for the plants. I plan on using much larger pots for my summertime outdoor grow so we'll see how that goes. MJ plants just grow so damn fast that their needs are quite heavy in the nute department. In any case....day 23 of flower. So far so good on the feminized beans not showing any sign of hermies. My fingers are crossed still.

FlowerB 05 07 18 001.jpg

Chocolate Cream:

FlowerA 05 07 18 005.jpg

Gorilla Bomb:

FlowerA 05 07 18 006.jpg

AK Widow 47:

FlowerA 05 07 18 007.jpg

Hashchis:

FlowerA 05 07 18 008.jpg

Sweet Soma:

FlowerA 05 07 18 009.jpg

16. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

The clones are doing well too. Still look like they did they day I put them into the bubble cloner. Today marks 19 days since they went in to root. The clones were taken after the plants had been in flower so it's taking them a bit longer to root out but it's all good under the hood.

Roots 05 07 18 001.jpg

Roots 05 07 18 002.jpg

Roots 05 07 18 005.jpg

Discorilla and HeadCase like this.
  17. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Awesome -Bud

Herb likes this.
  18. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

They all look healthy as can be. Nice !

Herb likes this.
  19. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

It has to feel nice growing again Herb! Looking good!

Herb likes this.
  20. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

It most certainly does, and thanks. I'm ready to get my outdoor grow set up soon. Really looking forward to that.