on the hunt. Kaffir Lime, Safari Mix, Lemonberry

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by ResinRubber, Mar 18, 2019.

1. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That coffe smell u described, i had that in some kandy kush in 2011. Still wish i had that cut.

2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

If u can get the candyland to foxtail in dirt, thats the sweet spot.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

So guessing late flower is where the power is at with Candyland?

I'm so hoping the sweet coffee wasn't just some stray smell. After Caribbean old school strains that reek of pepper, coffee terps are my next fave.

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

Not sure about late flower.., i just know in hydro it foxtails in flower and is fire. I got it to do it once outside with some modified super soil. Regardless its fire either way, just more of a sativa high when it foxtails. That's funny you mentioned pepper, that's exactly what the kandy kush was, coffee with pepper notes.

5. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

This is the cut you have, grown in a flood table with the lucas formula.

FB_IMG_1560387317712.jpg

6. ResinRubber

Lots of Kush strains carry that black pepper profile. Always made me think that the unknown sativa in Chem Dawg had to be an African or Caribbean landrace for the pepper terp profile to carry so far into the outcrosses.

Looking forward to giving the CL a grow. Hopefully I can do it justice.

7. ResinRubber

Pollen busting seems to be the theme lately. Caught these two gents trying to make a little time in the flower garden. Out of the original 5 Kaffir Lime seedlings I'm now down to two females for flowering. This was a donation pack so I'm not bitchin', but at $7-$20 per seed there is NO value in buying regular seed anymore for average gardeners and that's a shame.

[edit] removed rant of overpriced seedstock from breeders that are still charging $$$ as if they're combating an illegal market. Breeders and seed vendors are now in an expanding, more open, market with little fear of arrest or the need for subterfuge like there used to be. They're simply modern AG business guys charging the historical price for a product that has decreased in risk and cost. Up your game guys or Monsanto is gonna swoop in and undercut all your overpriced gear and own the market with auto-flowering ruderallis crosses for sale next to the Burpee sunflower seeds at your local garden center for $10 a pack.
    [edit-installed smaller rant]

But here they are, nice healthy Kaffir Lime males. I'm going to keep the better structured plant on the right to mate up with clones from whichever female gives the best showing. That'll be another thread in about 3 months.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers GK, smoke 'em if you rolled 'em

ducrider and blazerwill420 like this.
  8. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I am with you on the seed prices, they are kinda steep. my thinking of the $100 10 seed packs is the females will produce plenty of clones to offset the cost. I can see the day when they only allow auto flower seeds trying to corner the market so less people can clone the strains the breeder is selling.

That k. Lime I cant remember if I asked before but do you know the linage on it?

9. ResinRubber

Black Lime Reserve X Jack the Ripper :biggrin: