Outdoor Pistils just starting but showing brown already?

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by CanadianDAN, Jul 29, 2020.

1. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Just as the thread title says, pistils have been showing for a little over a week now (outdoors) and some are browning already. Am i fucked? Did they get pollinated? Do pistils ever do that so early into flowering? Is it a natural/normal thing?

2. CanadianDAN

wow this website really is dead. Well off to another one boys. Its been a nice 15 years.

3. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Not like it used to be that’s for sure. I was just dropping in.

4. Mrgreengenes

It’s nice to hear from you Dan. I was dropping in myself. If you’re outside plant is already starting to get brown pistils. I would be looking for a male that somebody was growing in the area nearby. It happened up here in Maine to a guy whose neighbor started growing. His neighbor forgot to remove the males and males Polin carried over into the other guys yard and pollinated his plants. Look me up on Facebook under Gerald Lyman.

5. CanadianDAN

Thanks for the response. Yeah i thought maybe there was a male nearby as well, but would it already be spreading pollen? Its only August 1st.

6. Mrgreengenes

Not unless somebody popped in early male and put it outside. Some strains have been known to push brown pistils.