Death of GrowKind.

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Mrgreengenes, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Its sad to say the Original owner of GK effectively killed GK when he decided to upgrade GK himself and lost over half of years. I repeat YEARS worth of members pictures and media. This caused a mass exodus of GK.
    Do I think GK will ever get busier? I doubt it.

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I here ya but I keep coming back anyways. I learned an awful lot here and I don't think I would be the grower I am today without Growkind.

I am almost positive that I can pinpoint one of the final deathblows.

3. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Sad day. I do miss Growkind, but I haven't really been growing for almost a year now. I've made some seeds and held onto a 40 year old strain from clones, but the industry doesn't really interest me as much anymore. How are you guys doing?

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

I got burned out on growing. Don't even have anything going right now and my outside was pretty much a bust. GK is going the way of the dodo bird. I tried twice to reach out a couple of years ago and buy the place but that went no where. Seems like all the action these days is on instagram or fb.

5. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Blazer, my outdoor this year did not go well either. We had so much rain during June and the beginning of July that 3 of my plants had about 3 inches of water that they stood in for weeks. Really hurt the weight but I am starting to get sick results from inside. I set my personal best a month ago with a 149.75 grams and then I broke that a week later with 167.55. That more than made up for the outdoor plants.
    Disco, you've had some great grows. Being in the industry must be pretty hectic. Just trying to stay ahead of what is the popular strain at the moment and what people will want in a year is a tough call to make.
    I got burned out a couple of years ago but got re-energized and started to pay more attention to detail again. After awhile of doing that I bought an LED and have been very happy since.
    If it's going the way of instagram and fb, I won't have anywhere to share or talk with you people, so I'll just keep checking back.
    Take care, Lvs.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  6. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

GK was here when I started back in 2003, I lived here and learned just about everything there is to know grow wise and still today in my state you cant grow legally, my next grow will be another stealth grow as usual and my friends will smoke and rave with out ever knowing that I grew it....I will never leave, do wish we could get alot of members back to shoot the shit, remember the old smoke out live chats?..lol. we sure had some good times. Cool people, crazy people. Anyways, I am going to get my stuff set back up again and will post sprout to chop....another shout out to Mad Max for helping me build my new grow room.

7. Mrgreengenes

I am doing great. I’m doing exactly what I want to, growing medical and recreational cannabis for a living. I just won my first Pheno Hybred cup challenge and will be entering other future cups next year.
    upload_2021-11-23_20-58-31.jpeg

upload_2021-11-23_20-59-31.jpeg

8. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

Very sweet!!! Great job. The guy in the middle looks very familiar. Are you with City Slicker (yes, I can read) or are you still in Maine?

Mrgreengenes likes this.
  9. Mrgreengenes

I am not with city Slickers but they are personal friends of mine and I’m using their Genetics right now for a future cups! The guy in the middle whose first name is Joe, he’s the owner and breeder.

10. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

I am still here, too. I check in now and then but it is slow these days. Hard to believe it has been 12 years since i joined. Anyone hear from Resin, Teamster or other of the old bunch ? JCIO and i swap emails now and then. I still grow but on a smaller scale. I don't sell so we have more than we can use. My thrill is trying new strains and there is a jillion of em and more showing up daily. Anyway, Y'all take care and stay safe.
    BBT

11. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

That's awesome boss l just retired 2 weeks ago from driving so time to start having fun again