¿?¿?¿?¿ 250 Pounds,...... Really?¿?¿?¿

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by rasganjah, Aug 16, 2010.

1. mrsganjah

mrsganjah Ganja Babe

so true

you are so right. the older we get the more maintenance we need to invest into our health unless one has been more consistent through out the years. My cousin is only one and a half year older than me. He did mention that since he turned 30 it takes him a 5 day week jog to maintain his weight, but when he was in his twenty's he only needed to run twice a week.

Thanks for all the support. Ras and I should be able to overcome a few pounds. I too have gained weight. I weight 140 same weight when i was in highschool when ras and i first met. Love the C cup though, can't fit in my B cup brasier. I really don't care how much I weight 'coz muscle always weight more than fat. But I know I didn't gained 20lbs of muscle.

peace, love, and blessings

2. GeoKitty

GeoKitty Guest

I've been Geocaching for about 6+ years now!!

Want me to bring my GPS to the camping/fishing trip???!!!

We could see if there's any caches in that area!!

Perhaps I could lose a few pounds then!!

Mrs Ganjah....I gots me some 36DD's baby!! These girls enter the room waaaaay before I do!!

3. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

i got the best diet works for everyone

Plant a vegetable garden and only eat what it produces supplemented it with protein

4. I havent been able to get to the gym for 3 weeks now due to some serious knee pain (I am afraid I am going to need surgery once I get health insurance in oct) and I have REALLY focused on my diet. I have been losing a good 3+lbs a week with no exercise (my job gives me a moderate work out a few times a day loading and unloading my truck). I try to eat nothing but whole grains, low fat/low sodium lunch meats and cheeses, sugar free jello has been my "sweets" and a lot of chicken and salads

5. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

Hell yea GeoKitty . . . I've been geocaching for about 3 years, but dropped off since the ex and I split up. It was something we did together and it's not the same without her. But, I'm sure I'll get over it.

I think it would be great to bring your GPSr. I'll have mine and I already have a cache stashed near the campsite, but I lost the coords, so I have to go back and re-record them.

I'm so glad another pothead geocaches . . . I actually know the #2 or #3 geocacher in SLC . . . DorkTeam6. He has like 12,000 finds. I'm at just short of 1,000 myself.:bigok::ebert:

Anyway, I think we should place a cache and maybe a coin or something to commemorate the Meet-n-Greet.:idea:

6. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Its funny that this pops up in this thread, because I wanted to start GeoCaching this summer as a way to get exercise and lose weight. So this spring I bought a used GPS and went for my first Cache, I never found the damn thing....long story short, I haven't been caching since then....god I'm lazy!

7. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

Im thinking my biggest problem is i have a terrible habit of eating before i go to bed.

If im laying in bed with an empty stomach it keeps me up, i need to get over that. Also i drink a lot of beer. Especially this past year...

Even if i dont go out on the weekend ill still hammer back 12 or more.

If i stopped eating before bed, and started to only drink a few beers, im sure id drop 10lbs right off of that alone.

I used to ride BMX all the time, so i could eat whatever and it didnt matter. Then i got my license to drive and kept my old eating habits. Needless to say since ive been able to drive, ive slowly put on the pounds.

I dont mind the somewhat cubby gut, but i cant stand lovehandles. Thats what really depresses me about it all. lol :roffl:

8. RkyMtnWayHigh69

RkyMtnWayHigh69 2010 NAGC Winner

You and I both need to be more motivated to do more caching . . . it really is a great activity, except for the gas used driving all around hell and back. :laugh:

9. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

i tried geocaching one time with a buddy a few years back. we drove around in some beautiful country, starting to get into the mountains, we're getting closer and closer to our spot. we're on a little mountainy road winding around, and bam! we're there! oh no, we're not, some asshole put the spot straight up on a cliff. the only way to get to it would be to backtrack about 20 miles, and go a completely different way, and a bunch of rockclimbing, which we were NOT equipped for. re-COCK-ulous!!! thus i ended my short endeavor as a geo-cacher.

i am in the same boat with the weight gain as many of you. i have been, until about 2 years ago, that skinny little twit who could eat an entire pizza, and burn it off in an hour because of my high metabolism. i heard, my whole life, "someday you won't be able to do that" and to that, i always said :321fu: yes i will.

i was wrong. boo. i've put on 20 pounds in the past 2 years, and i feel so gross. i tout being such an active person, but i've been so busy trying to get a business started and working a full time job (where i sit on my fat ass in front of a computer!!!!) that the only thing i have time for is junk. i eat my own produce as much as i can, but when i'm pinched for time, it comes in waves, and it's tacos and pizza and gas station garbage. yuk.

anyone down for starting a diet/personal goal thread? kinda like a grow-off????

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

10. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...don't look back...

Buddy...you nail'd it...you know watt it takes...discipline and determination...and without those two ingredients...well, simply put...you know the answer...

I wish you the best in gettin'back to where you belong, health and weight-wise...

In 2001, I weighed 230-240...I was working at Wendy's because I had quit my radio gig as a dj and I won't digress on that, however, after consuming fast food for over a year at Wendy's...I began to get fatiqued really easy...would walk a short distance and be wind'd...keep in mind here, and some folks here know this 'bout me already...I was born with congenital scoliosis(curvature of the spine), along with this bone structure defect, I am missing either 2 or 3 ribs on my left side, which cause some of my ribs on that side to be floating ribs, which means they are not attach'd to the sternum...anyways, along with the sunken shoulder blade and something with my clavicle, I have one mess'd up rack of bones which in the long run crowds my heart and lungs into a smaller space...I start'd having breathing issues 'round this time and my mom ask'd me to see a doctor...I was eventually diagnosed with conjestive heart failure. During the time I was having all the tests done...I start'd reading again, and found a book in 2002 call'd the "The Food Revolution" by John Robbins...after reading it I was emotionally challenged to consider vegetarianism...in 5 months...March 02 to August of 02...I drop'd 50 lbs. w/o even trying...got off the oxygen that the doc had me on and that was a plus in my eyes...never have had to go back to that ol' ball and chain of an oxygen tank...

Moral: I stay'd with the veggies...started planting gardens every summer...I am at 185 and holding...and at 48 years young...I feel absolutely great...like a kid some daze...lol...

You can do it Ras...I know you can...

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

11. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

I thought I was the only person who used that term. :good job: Sometimes shit is so wacked you need that extra punch.

My heaviest was 300 lbs. about 4 years ago. I dropped 20 lbs. over time after the kid was born, and then was down another 20 about a year ago after doing some basic exercising. Then I started some weights with dumbells and got back into practicing some of my martial arts technique.

Now I hover at 250 (I'm 6'2"), but have been going to the gym and doing strength-focused weight training. So I'm burning fat but the focus is on gaining dense muscle. Even though I've only lost about 10 net pounds in the last year, I've taken 4" off the waist (2" in the last 3 months).

I haven't changed my diet, though, as I don't care about losing weight so much as losing weak. Some extra fat is good in case of food shortages, natural disasters, zombie outbreaks, etc. As long as I have the strength/endurance to move the weight, I'm ok with carrying it.

I'm also working on bone density via bare-knuckle work on the heavy bag, and flogging myself weekly (arms/shins) with a Kali stick...

12. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

The only way your going to lose weight is if you are ready too I mean you really want too not just I 'm going on a diet then go to Micky D's for dinner 2 big Mac's large fries & a fucking diet coke that shit isn't going to get it. I'm 56 years old 5'-6" & was 230 lbs. I lost 60 in 6 months ate a lot of salad got a tread mill & bike off craigs list cheap & a free weigh machine too. I cheated once in a while but most of the time I worded out 2 hours a day & ate salad & foods with negative calories plus diet soda or diet tea.I went from a tight 40 waist to a 34 waist. I got a pinched nevre in my back for the last month & have put about 10 lbs but soon as it gets better I'll be back at it. So put your mine to it Ras I know you can-Bud

13. ScottyG420

ScottyG420 Marijuana Handler

stages of readiness

exactly right.

See Prochaska & DiClemente: Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transtheoretical_model

14. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

I think that I had the same thing but I got mine from smoking some really good weed and coughing WAY TOO HARD! It was a bitch too! It took a long time to heal and I eventually went to the hospital and they told me that sometimes the muscle can snap away from the rib bone with the right amount of force. They gave me some pain meds and said that it would just have to heal on it's own. Took a couple of months.

I feel you on the weight thing too. I couldn't gain weight if my life depended on it when I was in my teens and early twenties but now that 30 is right around the corner I'm puffing up nicely. 205 and counting from a comfortable 185.

15. blackprince11

blackprince11 Prince of the Hindu Kush

@ Fomorian: Your avatar is from one of my favorite movies of all time! How'd you get it? Did you play that movie on the computer and pause it and save the frame to your computer or what? I want to make one with that guy getting that white paint dumped on his head! Sorry for thread jacking but I had to know! Game on!

16. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

LOL you want an avatar of Ben Afflek?

[​IMG]

Edit, here's a better pic

[​IMG]

17. TheFomorian

TheFomorian Neo-Shaman

Someone posted it on another forum in a thread about girls hitting puberty at 8. So I swiped it.

Can't help you with the Affleck shots, though Link apparently has the hookup.

18. Cannagirl

Cannagirl Preheat to 420

It's all about your mind. I have lost 25 pounds in the past 2 months simply because I felt better about myself and started making better decisions. Like, I used to always get a soda when I shop but now it's just a flavored water or tea or something. Once those first ten pounds or so come off your self esteem will kick in and you start making better decisions without really thinking about it. Stairs instead of elevator, stop trying to find the closest spot in the parking lot and just do the extra walking, ect. I am sending you good health vibes Ras! Good luck!

PS never "diet". It does not work. You either have the motivation to stay healthy or you don't. It's gotta be a lifestyle for any weight to stay off in the long haul.

Oh and I also take Alli. Just watch for the "side effects" (really not side effects, how else are you suppossed to get rid of the undigested fat, it's gotta come out somewhere!)

19. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

I hear you Dan. I tell myself i'm not gonna have more than 2 or 3 then 7 later. Unfortunately i have been downing a case a week for the past few years. Chriscrete has actually witnessed the change in me from 160lbs @5'9" to 195lbs. He actually started cuttin up on me about it. My first name rhymes with Heavy so it made it easy lol.

Good Luck to all those trying to keep it healthy and lose some weight. Steelcity

20. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

It is hard. A couple months ago I went over 200 for the first time.210 to be exact. I'm 5'10 but like a few others said, more muscler than fat. Most people don't believe I weigh that much but it bothers me. Now I'm down to 192 and feeling better. I need a knee replacement so a lot of exercises just can't be done. I have started strength training after I went up with my "winter weight". I usually drop 10 or so pounds during the summer with my job but I haven't been working due to my knee. Most of my weight lose has been by eating more fruit, I love fruit and always ate it, now just more of it and watching what I eat. Stopped drinking Pepsi and eating Doritos and pretzels. Stopped my late night snacking , which SUCKED, and so far so good. It really is about mind power. If you can put your mind to it, it should work. You have to really want it though, not just say it. I'd like to get to 185 but we'll see how I feel when I get down that far. Good luck to you all in losing your weight.