1 TREE...2k...RDWC...5lb???

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by CCrete, Jun 18, 2010.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Can it be done?.......HEADCASE got me thinking again, so I posed it to a friend who has been wanting to learn

I have a friend, NO not me....i wish

But he wants to do a single monster tree with an 8 ft ceiling in a basement with 2 - 1k switchables

My MAIN question for everyone is......How BIG of a ressy am I/WE going to need for this endevour???

I was thinking a 45gallon blue food safe drum with a solid lid and drop in a 5 gal bucket as a makeshift netpot redesigned

We would cut a hole in the concrete floor.....and dig down into the base ground of dirt and bury the drum

Thoughts?

2. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

I'm not an expert, but I'd say 5lbs from one 8ft or less plant is dreaming.

Good luck.

3. SecretGrower420

SecretGrower420 Baked as fuck

I saw a hydro closet monster that was about 6 foot and it yielded around 3 pounds. It has a 1k watt above and like 9 200w CFL's around the sides

4. coconuthead

coconuthead Begun Flowering

Hell, I say go for it. Veg that shit and get it real bushy. I like the idea. I imagine burying the res would help keep the temps low and the thing should grow like crazy. I assume you're gonna run co2. Good luck. I've got to see this.

5. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

No dream man....I watch grows at THCfarmer that yield 3-4lbs on the regular, single plants in a 13gal tub with the Under current system.....its sick shit for sure

But im looking for more of peoples ideas and their wish lists, although all comments are welcomed

6. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

CC, didn't T6 have a fuckin oak tree sized plant he just harvested? maybe pick his brains, or dig around for that grow thread....

I remember the thing had a 10 ft long root on it, and probably bigger than that on the spread....

GTWT

:XXhippylove:

7. coconuthead

coconuthead Begun Flowering

I think it would be bad ass if you did bury the res then SCROGed the shit out it. A nice flat canopy covering the grow room floor would look killer.

8. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

The key will be the veg, and specifically light positioning during veg. This is of primo importance when growing trees.

I wouldn't use the 55 gal drum. You are going to want girth on that bitch (see above) so to me, a 50-100 gal rubbermaid tub will allow the roots to grow in a wider footprint, and hopefully that will translate into a bushier plant.

9. Dank Vapor

Dank Vapor Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Need that overgrow MOAB post u put of Useless. That was a monster. Stem was as big around as a Foster's beer if I remember correctly.

10. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Id say do it bro. And fuck man ur gettin into this shit if your cuttin holes in ur concreat floor lol. But shit I dont see why not man. Be the same as going it outside almost. I know a 1k dont match the sun but shit the sun aint that close either lol. Do it man i wanna see this shit man!

11. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Ur gonna need one hell of a pump to pump that shit no? This is crazy man!

12. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Yup, foaf's grow.

http://www.growkind.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17527&highlight=tree

There are quiet a few people pulling huge harvests doing krusty method, vertical scrogs, and all kinds of crazy stuff with vertical lighting.

13. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

DV, not sure what pic you are talking about?

Boa - Probably wouldn't have to cut the floor using a low profile tub. Although, it will seriously reduce the heat the solution picks up.

Only need a small pump to push up from the rubbermaid to some drip lines on top for a top feed drip/dwc combo system. (No drip emitters, just straight 1/8" id hose open end) Since he only wants to run 1 plant, you only need a large passive ressy connected to the rubbermaid through a float valve. Let gravity handle the rest.

Like I said, the key to growing the trees is light position through the grow. ;) RDWC, UC, KFB will all produce trees, it aint the system. Each system has it's benefits and drawbacks. The UC tackles some inherent problems in the KFB system, but it too has it's drawbacks. The biggest factor (other than lighting position) is providing a STRESS FREE, TOTAL ZEN environment for the plants, to allow them to show what they can really do.

14. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

:not-worthy:

:not-worthy:

WOW! That is fuckin nuttz. You couldnt even see the lights no more through that monster. That i take my hat off to and deff has inspired me to get off my ass and focus on what CC is trin to get at. The most out of each plant. If i can get even one plant to produce a half lb every two months id be set for life. 1K lighting here we come lol! Fuck CC your starting to cost me alot of money!:affro:

15. JohnH

JohnH Smoker Extraordinaire

You're tellin' me, bud ... I'm contemplating 3 1k's across 4 rows of 3. Have 1 - 1k and 2 400's, but these yields are mind boggling!

16. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

I've heard before that branches extend about as far as the roots= root girth= branching/bushiness. I dunno.

It'd def. be worth the try anyway. I've heard of 3lb yeilds from single plants, but they were pretty huge plants, and grown outdoors.

That's not to say it isn't possible, of course, and you'll never get anywhere if you don't dare to dream.

I do think some supplemental lights around the sides will be needed though.

17. major

major Begun Flowering

If you are going to make a hole on the floor why don't you plant it to the earth? a lot of root space

18. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Its called Hydro buddy. Cant fill the hole up with water and expect it to stay there lol.

19. blah blah boy

blah blah boy Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

By the time he does get through the create he will be in the earth.

:good job: If I could get 5#'s off one, I could double my yield in one harvest.

:popcorn-2: I'll be following this thread. CC please document your build and findings.

20. major

major Begun Flowering

If there is enough root space soil can be better IMO,

Hydro? :not-worthy:woow never heard of it:roffl: