16th appearance in last 17 yrs

Discussion in 'Smokers Lounge' started by Bigbud214, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

The New York Yankees are on their way to a 16th post season in the last 17 yrs. The best part is LOTS of home grown talent doing the job....

OH YEAH the team from Boston may not even make it How sweet would that be. Especially seeing almost ALL preseason picks were for the red sox to win the AL East and yankees not even make the playoffs.... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Bigbud214

oh can you say AL EAST CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next up is home field advantage up to World Series.

3. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

you suck

and so do the yankees....i hate the yankees...red sox fan...and proud of it...at least we have never lost 4 straight games after being up 3-0 in al championship...and yankees cant say that....you know why...lololol...cause they suck...suck suck suck :roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

4. Bigbud214

27 world series titles.... enough said

5. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

is that all you got

lol...27 ....lol...but what have they done lately??????lol,,,,,2004,2004,2004,2004,2004......remember that........4th game , red sox down, fred roberts comes to bat and crack....hits a single up the middle, then he steals second....and that was the beginning of the end for the great yanks....biggest collapse in sports history...not just baseball but all sports....

6. Bigbud214

2004 is that ALL you got man???? thats SEVEN years ago.... yes biggest single series collapse... But UMMMMMMM did you forget 2009? thats only 2 years ago? HMMMMMM sports collapses that are embarrassing..... Can we say 1978? or better yet BUCKY FUCKING DENT????????? lol I am very happy you have one season and ONE accomnplishment to hang your hat on.

I will say the fact that the RED SUX are just happy to make the post season... In the yankee camp its a somewhat of a failure if you do not win the division. Thats what seperates REAL winners from the wannabees....LMAO. The yankees want to win their way in. where as your red sux are happy backing in.

S lets see in 78 the redsox were 14.5 games ahead of the yankees 1 week after the all star break. REMIND ME..... WHO WON THE DIVISION THAT YEAR? fast forward to 2011.... Red sox preicted to be the BEST team in baseball.... best rotation, best line up, best bull pen.... etc etc etc. lets see just over 2 weeks ago the red sux had a slight lead over the Yankees and Tampa wasnt even being considered for teh wild card. Now the yankees have won he division with 7 games left. Boston is on life support yet again as they are only 2 games up on the Rays in wild card and what like 3-13 in a 15 game stretch. You SHOULD be thanking the Yankees seeing they had business to attend to against the rays. otherwise I bet your play off hopes would already be crushed

edit: By the way the SUX had an 11.5 game lead on the rayswith only 3 wks left and now its 2 games..... C O L L A P S E

MWAHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2011
  7. nofx1069

nofx1069 STONEY BOLOGNA

Shouldnt the team with the highest salary be expected to make it to the playoffs every year??? anything short of the world series should be considered a bad year for the yankees. on the other hand the brewers sure are lookin good:affro:

8. Bigbud214

Lets not beat that drum. The Yankees pay all the small market teams a luxury tax. The fact that teams like KC Royals take that money and put it in the owners pockets. They do NOT reinvest the luxury tax money into their team. Instead of praising an ownership for rewarding a players perfomance you would rtather lament them for wanting to put a winning team out there every year. Robinson Cano, Derek Jeter, Mariano Rivera, Joge posada, Bret Gardner, Ivan Nova, Phil Hughes, Jesus Montero, etc etc etc are all home grown talent that the yankees will keep and pay well for their performance. Its too bad the other teams in the league would rather stuff their pockets than field the best team they can year after year. Look what trying to buy a championship has gotten the red sux. the third highest payroll and possibly not playing in october.

I admire the brewers as they are trying to put a quality team out there every year. Thye are one of the few small market teams that actally desire a championship over a fat bank account.

All this being said I think atheletes are ridiculously overpaid. though if they owners are making money then they should handsomely reward the players. Afterall the fans come to see the players not the owners.

it just bugs me that people always throw out the salary issue. But how many people mention that the yankees pay their own home grown players well also. How when an aspiring player reaches his potential the yankees will pay him. Not let him go to free agency so the owners can pocket the money they would have paid that player to stay.

It all boils down to hating LMAO.... I love the fact the the yankee ownership will ALWAYS field a quality team.

woo hoo this was my 2500th post

9. bLITzkRIEg420

bLITzkRIEg420 sHAPesHIFTinG rEPTiLiAN

:dog-nana: the Yankees

10. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Baseball is gayer than this video...[YOUTUBE]3j4t185wl-0[/YOUTUBE]

11. Bigbud214

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Rays are in and Boston is out HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

BOSTON BLEW THAT CHUBBY 9 GAME LEAD IN SEPTEMBER. NO TEAM HAS EVER HAD A 9 GAME LEAD IN SEPTEMBER AND NOT MADE THE PLAYOFFS.

This is almost like winning it all....... NOT but definately is a nice treat.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2011
  12. Was a crazy last week of baseball, that's for sure. Wanted to go down for game this weekend but I'm gonna be in philly! I'll make it to one of the playoff games if it kills me this year Haha

13. Bigbud214

Ive been trying to get tickets to yankee stadium. I have yet to be to the new one. And I ve never been to a playoff game of any kind. It would be awesome if those 2 things happened this weekend.

14. The Terminator

The Terminator A Toy Winding Down

Wonderful to see Boston choke like this. Do you know what's good about Boston / New England?

NOTHING!

I'm a a Mets fan but I will root for the Yankees. It's all good in NY.

Now I can only hope that someone shoots Brady in the balls, that fuckwad.

15. Bigbud214

ever notice how the patriots havent actually won since they got caught cheating?:roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl::roffl:

and POOR Bill Bellichek... I wanted a time out I wanted a time out. Hes such a pompas asshole that he cant even acknowledge the effort of a young over acheiving Bills team. Just like when the giants kicked their ass in the superbowl, he just ran off the field and didnt even congradulate the giants, What a poor sportsman. At least I can say I have Huge respect for Terry Francona. Hes a class act and an excellent manager.

16. One of the most memorable games I've been to was game 2 of the 2004 ALDS vs the twins. Mo gave up the tying run in the 8th iirc, then the twins took the lead in the top of the 12th. Yanks somehow came back and matsui won the game on a sac fly. That place erupted and you could just feel the excitement in the air.

I also got to see Jeter break Lou gehrigs record on Sept 11th a few years back, that was a pretty cool experience (even though they lost to the o's)

The new stadium is an amazing and beautiful place, but for me it just can't beat the history you felt while being in the old stadium

17. Bigbud214

Man I understand the history aspect.... but is cool they are making history in the new stadium. First season WS CHAMPS, First Yankee with 3000 hits, MLB all-time saves record.

My brother says he misses the way the old stadium was all cramped and tight until walked out a tunnel t the seats.... then all of a sudden this huge magnificent stadium just opened up. I know what he means by that.

18. JesseJamesBond

JesseJamesBond Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

I hope the Tigers stomp a mud hole in them Yanks' asses!!!:dog-nana::dog-nana::dog-nana:

19. Yeah, I think the tight quarters at the old stadium was a perk vs the openness of the new stadium. With the game I was talking about before I was sitting in the upper deck. When they won and that place went nuts walking down the ramps with 1000's of fans shoulder to shoulder singing "New York, New York" was great

20. nofx1069

nofx1069 STONEY BOLOGNA

well who cares about ny,the brewers are following the packers lead and looking for a title, was that 5 hr's for his last two regular season games for Fielder... packer are gonna pull a 3peat, The Bucks have Bogut, Jennings, Stephen Jackson, Leuer, CDR, MICHAEL REDD!!! looks like a good few years for wisco

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011