1st Hempy Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Zeppelin, Aug 30, 2008.

1. HappyJay

HappyJay Red Eyed Jedi

You can take clones pretty well the whole way through flower. however I have found that clones taken around 2 to 3 weeks in to flower are the best to be taken overall. It seems the little less nitrogen in the plant helps fasten up the rooting process. Is all good to take some cuts but take lower branches that have the least sign of pistills etc as this will also lower the chances of having any detrimental effect on the plant. (if you go taking main stem or such when in flower, there a possibility it can set your girls back a bit).

2. Zeppelin

Zeppelin In The Hills And Far Away

Thanks HAPPYJAY I think i will be able to take a few clones in the next 2 weeks which would be 3 weeks into flower.I got to order more nutrients and get some lights hooked up in my cloning chamber that i built!!! I should be able to grow them 7-8 inches after cloning in the chamber before putting back into flower!! thank you all for your information it's greatly appreiciated!!!:smokin: :smokin:

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

ZEPP my white-widow like alot of nutes. Yes the sooner you take clones the faster they will root. Once they get buds it takes a little longer to go back to veg. Good luck I'll be watching.-Bud

4. Zeppelin

Thanks for the input BUD I will be making that happen within the next 2 weeks..So far I can tell I do have 3 females positive.It looks like I also have 4 males positive and 2 not yet showing ,lets hope for at least 1 more female...I would like to end up with 4 females and take two clones from each or just one, which ever is possible.You know what sucks though is that you dump all those nutrients in to those fucking males just to yank them!!! I think from now on after I clone I will be sticking with the FEMALE Seeds . There is nothing worse then having the nicest plant in your cabnit turn out to be MALE!!!! Then When the Females are ready I'll take 2 clones from them and then 2 from them and then 2 WELL you get the IDEA !!!! LOL LOL ... Hope this is the start of a perpetual grow for me it would be nice to have a consentent flow of BUDS every other month:love4:

5. Zeppelin

It's True IT's True I only ended up with three FEMALES out of 10 seeds. This is the sucky thing about not ordering FEM seeds. But with the encouragement of HAPPYJAY and BUD I think i will be cloning them a couple times.I will be posting some new pics with the cabnit all empty except the three ladies.I also went ahead and ordered more nutrients and picked up 2 floresents for my cloning/seedling chamber!! I will be finishing that today and new pics will be up!! Thanks for everyones responses!!!:suave:

6. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

You have 3 females, clone like fuck! No more seeds for you. Happy growing.

7. Zeppelin

HOW MUCH IS TOO MUCH WHEN CLONING?? Should I just use my discression. Do I need a dome for the clones or can i put them under FLO without it? I know they need HUMIDITY BUT my Chamber is very humid around 75% without any lights ...even though FLORESENTS do not produce heat!! IF I do not need a domed tray then I can Clone TODAY !!!!!

8. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I clone straight into soil. i use a dome. It cost me £2.99 lol.

When cloning from a plant thats yet too start/early in flowering take the clones from the bottom of the plant. The clones need to be big enough to last the rooting period but you dont want to take the big stems that will produce good bud.

If its a mother you can clone every available stem. the mother will look like shit afterwards but you can easily get 20 clones.

9. Zeppelin

10. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

11. mr.anonymous

mr.anonymous What to grow next is hard

you can clone and sex in the veg. stage to save time and nit right???

12. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Yes, you can clone right into perlite.

13. mr.anonymous

no im sorry i ment take your clones and sex them before you put them in 12/12

14. Zeppelin

\ Didn't know you could sex plants until you 12/12 them???? How is that done?????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Also thank you all for your responses everyone has been really helpful.. GROW ON GUYS !!!!!! My cloning chamber is almost done and my lights are hooked up ready to go.Still got to get a dome and finish the door on the cabnit for stealth reasons....I will have enough room for 8 clones but Iam only doing 6 at a time for size issues later in the flower cabnit. New pics soon probably later tonight.....I have been bending the tops over for more secondary growth and it works great, in 3 days the bottoms have really started to catch up with the main stem and in another week should be pretty uniform!!!! LOOKING for that nice canopy effect.. I do know taking some clones will deplete my over all yield but it's the propetual grow that Iam looking for and thats where its at... To have WW every other month would be outstanding. Thanks again to all !!!!

15. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

You cannot sex unless you go 12/12. Vegative plants may show preflowers once they are mature.

16. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

I always sex my plants before going 12/12. I am pretty good at it, however there are some strains that can throw you a curve ball. For instance the Ministry of Cannabis has Angel Dust. That strain for some reason shows male preflowers. You have to go 12/12 to find the girls. I have read about some others as well. For me preflowering is simple. Although when I started I had someone show me in person what was what. Good Luck.

17. mr.anonymous

no thats not what i mean sorry to still miss lead you guys. Say you have 10 plants and and you want to know the sex before 12/12,take a clone from each plant get it to root and then put only the clones under 12/12 they will show you the sex.Then say u get 5 and 5 you just trash the males and put the fem in 12/12

18. Zeppelin

I was thinking that But growers come out with new ways to do shit all the time so I did not QUESTION YOU.I was actually waiting to here a new sexing Technique DAMN IT!!!!!! LOL thanks for clearing that up!!!!

19. Zeppelin

Flowering Slow

It's been 10 days and my plants are getting fuller and taller but only a couple nodes have hairs. THE plant is absolutely growing but not many hairs at all!!! Is this normal ?Usually I see more then this after 1 1/2 weeks.. THIS is the first HEMPY GROW for me though maybe this is the NORM!!!! anyone anyone ?????

20. Zeppelin

Big Change

It's been 2 more days , and since feeding them the other day the plants have really started to change..Now there is what I would say the start of the real flowers.You can see hairs at most of the nodes now and they are starting to show up everywhere.... My lights come on at 9:30 tonight I will post new Pics then!!! On Friday (PAYDAY) I will be picking up my PH TEST KIT and my CLONING DOME from the new local HYDRO SHOP... Thanks for the info NEON420 on that store!!! NEON is a local Grower who I will meet someday soon!!!!! HOPEFULLY Thanks again to all who has answered any questions I may of had!!!!