2 Brainstorm(DP) ~ 1 Cheese(GHS)

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by Gratitude, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

This is now.
    Clones all.
    The last of my old genetics.

The Brainstorm grew upright to about 20in before I bent them over.
    I prefer to start training way earlier but I wanted to point out that you can really just do it when ever. These were bent during the stretch.
    The Cheese was a mother so it's trained a little differently and never stretched like it's neighbors...hence the box.

31 days.

Cheese on the right.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheese - gonna have to replace my carbon:thumbsup:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brainstorm - Always Lime Green, veg or flower, heavy N or no...still lime green. Thinking it's strain specific.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

They look REALLY good to me after the last round with weeks of way high temps. These haven't had extended periods over 85 where the last round had 3 weeks in the high 90's.

Well...there they are....
    :passit:

lukesmommy likes this.
  2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

That middle brainstorm looks like it's going to be a good producer.

:new_popcornsmiley:

3. Gratitude

Thanks Res, I wish that were true.

This plant doesn't get that heavy. Never kept up with my Ice, or Bub, or WW.

It's just that I'd rather smoke the Brainstorm than any of those others:smokin:

I concur that the middle one has the best structure.

I've got to clean up the base of the Cheese and get some better airflow...

I had 9 clones that I was going to run before this comparison thing came up...

The Brainstorm is a NL#5 X Haze from DP. Had to give them away to make space.

I've just got a pretty strong feeling that I'll find something I like even more in the La NiƱa (Haze X Black Widow) pack.

Thanks for stopping by.

Grat

4. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

plants

they will be sweet grat nice!!

teamster6

5. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Been awhile Plants look great seeing your plant so well trained all the time Got me to try alittle training on my plant I'll be watching:new_popcornsmiley: -Bud

6. lukesmommy

lukesmommy "lil doobie"

JINKIES GRAT!!! :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

Those ladies are lookin really good, and healthy too!

Do you just do the bending once during growth, or do you bend as you go? I'm yet to try LST, and/or bending, and i couldn't help but notice how great yours look. Very even canopies.

Nice job!

-LM

7. Gratitude

Thanks. These I bent way late. I prefer to do it as they grow. You can be all complicated and tie them in a bunch different places OR you can just plant them an inch from the edge of the pot and keep transplanting so that that is maintained, and then bend them once straight over...across the pot.

One thing to keep in mind is airflow underneath. If you start too young it's easy to keep them to close to the dirt. They need room to breath. I guess I like them to be about 6-8in tall before I bend them... It's mostly like the diagrams for Jogging in the FAQ just in a straight line rather than a circle.

I really love the short cages now. They provide the perfect frame for training and just add extra support so that less stakeing is required at the end. Also helps to keep them contained/separated in my small, crowded, cab.

Thanks teamster6 for stopping by...wish I could grow like you do. I'm running just under 700w total for my cab. That's EVERYTHING. Someday I really wanna rock pair 600's...but that's purely fantasy.

HC - If I could get as many huge cola's as you do just by pinching then I'd have been slower to start my training but I was totally enamored with the JOGGING pics in the FAQ when I was first learning...oh yeah I was using an 85w CFL too. The first time I grew out that Widow I tried to leave it upright and just pinch like mad to even it out but I can't seem to make it work that way.

Upright plants are great, natural even, but indoors I don't think it's efficient outside of a SOG.

You never get a MONSTER cola but you end up with significantly more bud of the quality of a main cola.

OK, I'm stoned and rambling...

Ice for breakfast...not the best motivator:smokin:

Grat

8. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

You do a FANTASTIC job with the uniform canopy height!

:thumbsup:

:fly:

9. Gratitude

Well thanks...just always tryna keep 'em close to that light as possible :thumbsup:

And I will always be grateful to you for turning me on to that Brainstorm!

I hadn't looked twice at that strain before you grew it... :wink:

It's my favorite plant grown to date.

Grat

10. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

:rofl:

It's catching on around here, I notice!

:animbong:

11. skunkrnaught

skunkrnaught Flying magic hemp carpet

Looks good cant wait to see it finish.

12. Gratitude

Here's a few to pass the time...day 36.

Wanted to shoe the difference between the bud structure on these two strains.

Here's the Brainstorm...mmmm

[​IMG]

And the Cheese - Way more compact in every way.

[​IMG]

No Stretch here.

[​IMG]

I'll post more when the difference makes the update more dramatic.

Grat

P.S. thanks skunkernaught, I'll post harvest pics when the time comes:thumbsup:

canadian123 likes this.
  13. ResinRubber

:shocked: Are you freakin kidding me?:shocked: For real? Those plants are perfect in every way. wow.

cheers to ya Grat,

14. Gratitude

That's a little strongly worded there Res...but thanks.:passit:

Anyway, I took a few more last night and I'm pretty happy with how they came out. I know it's not the most picturesque plant or stage but these came out well so I'll share.

The buds could be bigger @ this age but I'm not complaining and they still have weeks to go. I grow this one for the High:smokin: :fly:

38 days Brainstrom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

L8r

SirStynkalot likes this.
  15. Mr Douglas

Mr Douglas still stoned again still

They look great to me, Grat :thumbsup:

and still have plenty of time to fatten up. :redbong:

16. SoloFlyer1

SoloFlyer1 Keep Smyelin

:shocked:

What STUNNING plants!

:thumbsup:

:animbong:

17. virago420

virago420 Excommunicated

Damn man, its shaping up to be another awesome gro. Plants look awesome cant wait to see the harvest. Peace

18. skunkrnaught

skunkrnaught Flying magic hemp carpet

That brainstorm looks great Grat. Is she temperamental and hard to grow or is she laid back and happy. I hear it is great smoke how does she grow.

:passit:

19. ResinRubber

Very nice Grat.

That better?:passit: cheers,

20. Gratitude

Mr.D - it's true...lot's of time to get FAT:thumbsup: This time it seems to be pretty happy. Maybe I'll see a bigger "pay-off".

Solo - thanks, the pics came out well huh?

V - :passit:

Skunker - She's got a temper. I'm mean...she can be temperamental... She likes 75 degrees way better than 90:laughing1: I'm still getter her "dialed-in" to some extent, she's doing better this round than ever before. I'm hopping she'll swell up nicely!

Res - I'm just one of those ppl that has trouble taking compliments most of the time. On here you can't see me blush but "perfect in every way" was a kind overstatement.:wink:

I'm just posting so many pics because I'm antsy. These are looking great (if a touch small) and the smell of the Cheese is driving me nuts. The Brainstorm smells like Lemonade in a delightful way but can't overpower the Cheese dankness. No it's not really like cheese but it's good, not at all fruity.

More to come

Thanks ALL!

Grat