2014 Greenhouse

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Jan 30, 2014.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Well I've had it going all winter, I didn't get them in as soon after fall harvest as I wanted but I still have 7 or 8 good big ones and 15 or 16 that I hope will grow alot in the next month.

They still have a month left until I put them in flower, you can see in the pic I have small fluorescent lights hanging, they don't help with growth but it is enough so I have them on during the dark just to keep them in veg.

Our winters are cloudy so they don't grow fast but they grow all winter until the 1st of march and I turn off the lights and they flower in the spring sun.

[​IMG]

nippie and ResinRubber like this.
  2. greenjah

any way one of you mods can change the title to 2014 greenhouse?

3. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

done..

WOW! If my state ever goes legal eagle I'm building myself one of those fancy schmancy greenhouses:not-worthy::not-worthy::not-worthy::not-worthy:

4. greenjah

Thank you

5. greenjah

Lol, just noticed it says 2104 greenhouse instead of 2014

6. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

fucking semi-dyslexic mod

7. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

And a blind one :LOL: I can't see the pics

8. friendlyfarmer

Nevermind slow load up

9. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Very nice greenjah! :redbong:

10. friendlyfarmer

yeah totally amazing man! I am very interested in the greenhouse for growing and it's cool that you are in a cold climate! how the hell do you keep that thing warm?

11. friendlyfarmer

??

seriously, how do you keep it warm in there? And maybe the cold is why the leaves did that weird crystal-wrinkle thing in your other thread.

12. greenjah

Thanks guys.

It costs 700 to 1000 a month to heat during the coldest months and it is 25' by 40'.

Propain is expensive, we got a letter asking if we want natural gas to go down the road, hopefully most people say yes. It will probably cost half as much if we get it.

I keep it 56 in there and when the sun is out it gets 70 in there even if its 0 outside.

13. greenjah

Turned the lights off last night, I saw some lower branches on the trainwreck that is by the tent I put up a little more then a week ago starting to flower. I think between that and the plants got so big they shaded those week lights enough to let some branches flower.

This is white dream, it grows very fast and yields good to but it is one of the weaker strains I have, still very good though. It is over 7 Ft tall with the 45 gal pot.

[​IMG]

this one is one of the purple trainwrecks that had that clear hard stuff on the leaves, it took forever to grow out of it, I'm sure it will decrease yield quit a bit.

[​IMG]

and the rest are mixed, to many strains to do each one separate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

these were really small when I put them in here but they got alot bigger then I thought they would.

[​IMG]

14. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Man those look great!! Do you have any lights to assist in flowering with the weaker spring sun? It's wild that they'd flower in the spring with the days getting longer. I assume you were giving them 24 hrs of minimal flos to keep them vegging and the switch to darkness would kick the flowering into gear.

I was also wondering how many crops you get a year? If it doesn't get too hot in summer I'm thinking maybe 2. But that would be a dream shack for me!! I'd have to have a couch and TV and spend days at a time in there.

Be Cool, CG

15. friendlyfarmer

Yeah no shit man can I come live in your greenhouse? :LOL: Holy flippin mother of god that greenhouse is GREEEEEEN! Dude way to go!

Love the trees. How long have these all been vegging? I mean how long does it take to get a plant SEVEN FEET TALL :flipando:

:thumbs-up:

16. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Imagine having to keep a step ladder handy to check the tops. DAMN!!

Be Cool, CG

17. greenjah

Well at the shortest days it got dark at 5 and I'm not sure when it got light but I set the lights to go on at 4pm and off at 10pm and it stayed off till 4am and came back on till 10am. I did this because I figured all the kids backroading for drinking and smoking would be out between 10pm and 4am and if they see a greenhouse way in the back of someone's property glowing they would want to check it out so I had them out for that time.

So basically they got 18 hours of light.

On the first of march is when I turned the lights off and there is just over 11 hours of light and in the spring in Michigan there is much less clouds then in the winter so I don't need any extra light intensity. In the end of April when I harvest there is just over 14 hours of light and they won't try to revert back till about 14.5 hours of light as far as I observed last year.

Ive got the TV covered as you can see in the pic. I use it while trimming.

I was a bit late getting them in here this year because I took the time building up the ground and to press a bunch of apple cider after I cut the fall crop so the larger ones were about 2 Ft tall when I brought them out of my basement and transplanted them in here and the smaller were 6" or so. I starved them and let them wilt in the basement to control there size otherwise they would have outgrown the basement, I won't do that again, they looked rough when I put them in here and it probably would have been smarter just to take good care of them but cut them back alot in the basement.

Anyway they were put in here about the middle of December this year, next year will be in November.

I grow them through the winter, take clones when I flip to flower in march, harvest end of April. The clones are grown indoors during the spring flowering, or now I got that 5 by 9 tent. Then after spring harvest the clones will be put out still in pots with some supplemental light at night because certain ones will still try to flower until the middle of may

Then in the middle to end of may they all get put in the ground in the 4 greenhouses, hopefully 5 this year, and they grow thou the summer and flower naturally and harvest is beginning of October for the trainwrecks and middle of Oct for the rest, so 2 harvests a year.

From 1 foot tall healthy plant it take about 2 months and it should be anywhere from 7 to 12 Ft tall depending on strain.

I do keep a ladder handy to keep and eye out for mold in the spring and fall when the buds are big.

Thanks for the comments everyone, you guys have been a big help getting me to this point.

Especially to useless for his nutriant formula and T6 for the problems he helped with when I was still just growing in one little room.

friendlyfarmer likes this.
  18. friendlyfarmer

Dude that's just so ambitious man! I like your style!

If I had less security concerns I would do it just like you are. Except I would live in my cannabis forest. :roffl:

Just swing a hammock between two trees.

:not-worthy:

19. Annunaki

Annunaki Developed Alternating Nodes

That is kick ass. How much weight does a 7' plant bring? You gotta be in a legal state ?

20. greenjah

Yup, its a legal state, it would be kinda hard to hide something like this from airplanes if it weren't.

Ive gotten over 2 off a plant but I have crap dirt, I'm putting 120 yards of topsoil and 50 cubes of promix in this year.

I have seen 7 off one last year.