2017 greenhouse

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by greenjah, Mar 14, 2017.

1. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Been a while, hows everyone been?
    Had a decent harvest in the fall, took 2 and a half weeks to do it.
    Got a lot of updates goin on. First of coarse was heaters, then rollup separating walls to separate the center bay for heating. The cement i couldnt do myself so i had the same people who built the structure do it.
    The next thing is a blackout curtain for the center bay, the curtain is 3 layer insulated so it is suppose to save 75% on heating when closed witch it will be at night just for the insulation.
    Once it is up i am cementing the bay to the east of it and the west bay may be shut down for the summer. I think things will be much easier if i grow smaller plants and flower them in the blackout curtain bay, i will get 6 harvests per year instead of 2.
    Depending on if marijuana get set to a schedule 3 i may have to deal with trying to get licensed federally so until i know what that will mean for me i will have to stick to the 2 bays with 30 in each (i am only allowed 60 plants)
    One bay will constantly veg and the other flower so i will harvest 30 plants every 2 months.

Dont have alot of pictures but i got recent ones, this is a few weeks ago
    [​IMG]

they are about a week into flower in these.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

nippie likes this.
  2. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Your setup blows me away every time. How many strains you running this round ?

3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

That's called doing it proper man!

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Digging on the improvements. It'll be cool to see how harvest weights compare with more smaller plants vs those giants you been growing.

5. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

That sure looks nice!

6. greenjah

Thanks guys, ive had a few troubles with the advanced nutes but think ive got it figured out. When they say you dont need to ph adjust it for dirt even though its always makes it 5.7 to 5.8 im pretty sure its not true and that ph was my problem. I started giving them recharge for the tea and with it it naturally puts the ph at 6.3 when i add to nutrient mix. i also quit adding calmag but ph of the dirt was 5.8 so i think ph was the problem, i started that 10 days ago and i think they are going to need calmag again, they look a bit off again but it was a mostly cloudy day so ill find out in a few days. Ill take some pics close up to show the damage, some plants got hit pretty bad, i just hope i got it figured out and they dont get worse.

7. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Holy fre holy!

You've come a long way baby

BTW used to be Friendly Farmer, but after realizing I ain't all that friendly any more, I transmorgified into SUPERMOCHOMBO watch out

double edit I blame my most recent ex-wife for that

Grown in Tx. likes this.
  8. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

Nice looking garden you got there Green! I love watching your greenhouse grows! They make me excited for the times after I buy my land!

9. greenjah

A pic from today, they are 3 weeks in.
    They sure do look darker green since i started using the recharge to adjust the ph.

[​IMG]

10. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I don't see a single yellow leaf... :)

11. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

i want to play hide and seek in there

12. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Your new operation looks great buddy.
    Plants look good in color. I see no real problems. :water pipe smoker: Great job.

13. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Its good to see fellow members living the dream. looking great, you def got a great set up and plants look great. Its going to be a happy Halloween for sure!

The plants in the back looks like a Christmas tree farm.

greenthumbwhitethumb likes this.
  14. greenjah

Thanks again guys.
    Of coarse the day after the last pic i found a slight calcium deficiency so i checked the ph and it is back below 6 even though i am still using recharge to up the ph to 6.2 to 6.3.
    I had low ph and the recharge fixed it but im not sure why it would go back down. I only water/feed them twice a week, i never give plain water but my ppms are only 800 in veg and i am 3 weeks into flower now and am only at 1050 ppms and that is with 150 ppm of calmag and 100 ppm is something in the recharge. I figured that was pretty week and it should not build up and cause low ph.
    Well obviously it still did so i am doing a flush tomorrow, i will put 40 gal of water per plant with florakleen and ph'd to 6.7.
    I am wondering if anyone knows if it is ok to feed it right after the flush using florakleen?
    After a flush it will be a week until they dry out and i dont want them without food for that whole time so i would like to flush and feed immediately after if i can.

15. Mrgreengenes

Hey greenjah I did the research and found this on their data base. Its safe to feed after using buddy. Here you go.
    http://gh.growgh.com/docs/LABELS/florakleen.pdf

DIRECTIONS:

Hydroponic systems:

•Between nutrient changes:
    Mix 1 to 2

teaspoons per gallon water. Use milder

solution for young or fragile plants,

stronger solution for older and stronger

plants close to harvest. Recirculate in

hydroponic system for one to two hours.

Drain and refill hydroponic system with

fresh nutrient solution.

ResinRubber likes this.
  16. greenjah

Thanks for the info.
    The flush did work but now its been about 3 weeks and the ph has gone down under 6 again. I am only 2 weeks from harvest so it is pointless to do a flush again, i am just going to use plain water and recharge for the amino acids for the next week and then the flawless finnish for flush.

I use the entire line plus 150 ppm of calmag.
    I feed every time this round because i only water 1 to 3 times a week depending on weather.
    I use just over 1/3 strength witch puts me at 1000 ppm or just over and that includes the 150 ppm of calmag.
    Water starts as 0 ppm rain water, i mix ferts and it puts it at 5.7 or 5.8, i adjust to 6.3 to 6.5 then water the plants. (Sometimes i use recharge also witch puts ph where i want and sometimes i use the ph up.)
    I called advanced nutrients and they told me that the plant should take up nutrients all the way down to a ph of 4.0 and not to adjust it but thats how i started back in veg and that was when it got the deficiency and i had to flush.

So anyway i am looking for suggestions, it doesnt make sense to me that i get a nutrient buildup when i only have 800 ppm in veg and only go up to just over 1000 ppm in flower yet the ph keeps falling and a flush with florakleen fixes the ph and supposidly i am not supposed to have to adjust the ph when the ph perfect puts it at 5.8.
    I just dont get it and would appreciate any help.

17. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

If it's not real hot in the greenhouse, like in the 90's or above, I would only feed every other watering or take the ppm down to about 600ppm in flower. I know when I grow in the summer heat here ( multiple days, usually weeks, over 100) I only go as high as 800 ppm the entire grow using the Lucas formula (this is what I did last year and one time before) I have to water two to three times a week and only feed every seven days. Bottom line, the hotter it is, the more the plants want to eat which throws shit out of wack when it gets real hot.

Also, I never ph anything outside but I know the nutes go in at 5.8, and fish emulsion and water mix is 4.0, which does work outside but I don't think I'd try that in container plants in a greenhouse.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  18. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Have you tried running controlled tests?

Basically keep don't treat all plants the same?

When I switched from to cutting edge solutions I only used it on a few plants so I could know for sure exactly was going on.

This close to harvest not much you really can do, but next run change a few things.

I was having a small issue with potassium with one line, but I was using uncle John's which is potassium supplement that all the other plants loved, but one it looked like terrible cal mag potassium deficiency. I cut back on uncle John's and they are normal.

Sometimes less is more

blazerwill420 likes this.
  19. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

You guys are def pot scientists. very interesting to learn these things.

blazerwill420 likes this.
  20. Mrgreengenes

greenjah, I think part of your problem is watering your plants with out ph adjusting. I tried the Advanced Nutrient line twice with their claims of never having to adjust PH and was always have some nutrient issue and yes you still need to adjust it! I switched back to Botanicare and no problems ever. My neighbor uses Advanced too and was having problems and his PH that kept dropping to 4.0 to 5.0 I got him to start adjusting the PH and his problems went away. My point is regardless if you water with straight water of a nutrient line that says don't adjust PH, which is bullshit buy the way!
    If you water your soil plants with water that has a low ph over time it will cause lock out issues. So regardless of using straight water or feeding always adjust PH before you water. My rant is over.

Lvstickybud and blazerwill420 like this.