3 Billion dollar surplus for my state

Discussion in 'Politics' started by The Dawg, Feb 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dawg

The Dawg Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

And they want to give it back to the people and Buisness.It will come out to about $80.00 per person state figures.Now we have one of the worst education systems in the country.Wouldnt this 3 billion dollars be better spent on education?Wouldnt it serve the people of this state better if the children(future) was better educated.$80.00 will do nothing for the average person,but the kid who has no education and has to get by how they can will .It just Jeb Bush trying to get the sheep to vote for him when he runs for prez.My dad voted for G W Bush just because he promised to give that bonus income tax refund.Give me some money I will vote for you and Fuck the rest of our nations problems we can just buy more beer/women/men/pot/drugs/gambling to bury our heads in.

2. SFC

SFC Latae Sententiae Excommunication

I'm not sure I follow you Dawg. Are you saying that since your state government over charged you,and the rest of the residents of your state 3billion dollars that they should just keep it,and spend it on something else? Do you really trust your state government to do the right thing with it if left to their own devices? I'm sorry but I think you should all take your 80 bucks back. But honestly they did the same thing here in MI a few years ago where we got like 200 bucks back that we al overpaid in car insurance, well the very next year they hit everyone with a surcharge to get it back. So point is you might as well take the money now, because they are going to take it back later.That is a promise they can all keep.

3. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

jesus christ the politics lounge has become a haven for babbling political viewpoints derived from conspiracy overdrive

4. The Dawg

Starfleet,Yes because of taxes the state has a 3 billion dollar surplus.It will cost them millions to give it back to us and most will go to businesses.I think the money would be better spent on education.There would be waste and greed but if even half of it, 1 1/2 billion dollars, made it to the school systems all of us would be better off.Even people without kids would be better off,people with more education commit less crimes and carry their own weight better than under educated people.We have some really big Biotech companies (and all the small ones that follow)coming into the state and we need to prepare the work force needed for all these jobs.Community collages and High schools could be updated,K -8 schools better funded.With that money we could help prepare our future leaders,scientist,lawyers,thinkers.Or we could give it back to big business directly from the government and from spending the $80.00 we all get back.Next year when they say they need more of our money for taxes we would be screwed either way.Very few people would save the money the Government gave back.But at least the schools would be better. Just my 2 cents

5. SFC

I understand where your coming from on this, but here is the problem. If say you were over charged at the store, but instead of refunding your money the store decides to take that,and build a handicap entrance(for the good of everyone). You would be pissed, right? You see it would be illegal for them to overcharge you,and then decide to keep the money. The only way for them to do what you would want them to do with the money would be to put it up for a vote, which of course would cost even more money.

BTW. I agree with you Aggs, but hell this topic is alot more lighthearted than our usual discussions,no?

6. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

I agree. I would get in the mix, but I am frustrated at the lack of pertinant questioning and debate worthy material. No offense to anyone personally, I just dont see anything that interests me outside of the normal box I'm in.

7. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

agrow, you know the difference between you and me????

Masha'allah Insha'allah Allah alim Ma'assalama Fi aman Allah,

this should really get his grits cooked.

Im not a muslin but I wish i was, I would goddamn kill agrow for talking about my islam. hey Agrow why dontyou draw a cartoon, and piss the whole world of muslims off.

Then the clever ones will find you and kill you.

well its almost 6pm here, time to feed the Jews.

Got Theravada?

:D

8. The Dawg

Troll Hunter,very well put,I see your point too.

9. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

now approaching aaliya...

small token of advice: islam is not, never has been, never will be YOURS.

no radical extremists that worship islam could ever be declared "clever ones."

you are on an american website moron, feel free to continue making yourself look like a dumb, dutch-american muslim.

Btw, i dont need to draw a cartoon, I' just go downtown with a few of the boys, and find us a longbeard. Stomp him out, and go out for pizza and make islamic jokes. Sometimes we even go to the falafel stand because it is centered right off campus on the main wing where all the muslims pass through . Kinda ironic yet funny.. If I feel the need to piss of islam, I'll just burn down a mosque. There's plenty of em up here.

Truthfully, If I need to piss off islam, I'll go speak my point of view. I have a knack at infuriating people over what was seemingly a meniscule issue. Call me a politician, call me hitler. I like inciting violence, it has always worked for me.

Btw, if you notice, significantly, the dutch flag is the smallest flag in my collection being burnt eternally as represented through my avatar.

10. SFC

Damn Aggs you are on a roll. Man if you could learn to mix in a little diplomacy I think you would be on to something! I was going to delete Geheim's posts on this thread,but I decided not to. If you have nothing constructive to bring into the conversation Gehiem, or cannot even make sense anyway, do not post. Seriously.

11. geheim

geheim Excommunicated

fuck the fuck off sfc

i bet you understood that didnt ya

12. agrowguy

agrowguy Excommunicated

lol.. someones begging for a name change and a new IP.

13. SFC

Oh yeah , He is begging for it LOL. Nothing would make me happier, but honestly I don't think he has gone that far. He is obviously a moron. He proves it everyday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.