A victim of marijuana prohibition in WI

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Mrs.Boa, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Mrs.Boa

Mrs.Boa Germinating

Today I was sentenced with a felony charge for Keeper of a Drug house.

The judge kept saying that I was a bad parent and that I put my kids in a bad situation. He said I should have left the father of my kids and after 17+ years of schooling that I would be "smart enough" to know what is right from wrong. I had to lie in court and tell him that I regreted smoking marijuana and using it to self medicate. I honestly am a smart girl and I do fully understand right from wrong and that is why I chose to smoke an herb rather than be stoned on zoloft or pain meds. I have done so much research and I cannot believe that people today are still so niave about marijuana and the good it can bring. Caffiene, asprin, unhealthy lifestyle, tobacco, alcohol... marijuana is not on the list of causes of death. I feel that my choice was very well educated and I hate our government for brain-washing people into thinking that MMJ is so harmful and bad for society. To make tihngs worse he told me that my reasoning behind using MMJ for anxiety and depression was a lie.

The outcome of my sentencing was far from favorable but one thing is for certain, I it has moved me to continue standing up for what I know in my heart and in my brain is "right" and not "wrong". I will not let the judge bring me down. I will however take this experience and let it be a sign that I need to get my life together and seriously consider moving to a place where my medical decisions will be left in the hands of me and a licensed physician who can discuss my needs and take my treatment seriously. The judge put a burden on me today that I will have to live with for the rest of my life. I have been a victim of marijuana prohibition in WI.

2. greenthumbwhitethumb

greenthumbwhitethumb down w the moral majority

I am so sorry to hear that, mrs boa! Ive never met you, but your man is a great guy, and we've been all waiting to hear the outcome of everything with fingers crossed.

Every time something like this happens, it makes us all a little sick. It makes me feel like no matter what I can do or say, it will fall on deaf ears, but I keep supporting the cause. Unjust laws go unchallenged every day, changing and sometimes ruining someones life all the time. When will it ever be fair? Will we see it in our lifetimes, or are we fighting so that the next generation will have more freedom?

Keeping you both in my thoughts, my GK sister

GTWT

3. Boa

Boa Cured Fat Sticky Bud

MAn u wouldnt belive how stupid the judge sounded. Where do they get their info from? Bad parent huh, then y are my daughters both healthier than most of my friends kids, smarter and have a nice life, in school at the age of 1 yrs and 2 yrs. My 2 year old knows her ABC's and 123's,and loves reading books. They werent under any danger till they thought it was nessasary to bust my door down at 5:30am on a mid august morning. Id like to see some proof, witnesses or something that says or shows i hurt anyone smking my bud even if my friends smoked with me. I never heard anyone say " hey did u hear about John, he overdosed on weed last nite", or " Hey did u hear about that guy high on weed that ran over that lil kid yesterday? Hell no, n if u did show me..... I lost ALOT of respect for Wisconsin today and i swear me n my family will be in CO. within 2.5 yrs at most. But the only reason id have to wait that long is cause the damn P.O wont let me. Well i guess we will see huh...

Babe hang in there we will make it. This is one small obstacle in our course to the better place. WE WILL MAKE IT!

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Super weak sistren! I hate to hear about good people who are victimized by a broken system. You and your man gotta get outta there and head to CO or CA.

It's such B.S. when a judge has the audacity to pass judgement on you as a parent without having any insight to you character other than the case at hand. It really sucks that you had to publicly denounce your beliefs in order to try and escape the judge's wrath. :good job: staying strong on your beliefs.

mrsganjah and I both wish the very best for you and Boa. Keep your heads up and stay strong ganja sistren and bredren.

5. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

after the 2012 cataclysm it will be perfectly acceptable to take that mans balls.

and all with the world will be right.

:pimp:

6. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Damnit... that kind of shit pisses me off to no end. God's gift to man on this crazy world and yet private buisnesses and pharmaceutical companies have enough money to lobby the shit out of these "represenatives" to passs laws of prohibition. Prohibition which we have proven doesn't work, hello alcohol? and actually furthers crime. It was once said that prohibition of MJ was man's greatest gift towards financing illegal activities. Hello People! These companies wouldn't be able to compete with this NATURALLY made plant. There is something wrong when you have both the authorities and THE SEEDY DEALERS saying it shouldn't be legalized. I mean people are fucking ignorant when it comes to this shit. cigarettes kill more then all murders, O.D's, and just about any cause a year. Unbelievable! This lie can't last forever..... can it?

keep your head up Boa. If you dont mind me asking how did your grow get busted?

7. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

jump

Jump through the hoops until you find a job in co or get your boss or company to send you there

8. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Wont let you move huh! Chicken shit bastards. These simple minded pricks in government piss me off.

Teamster6

9. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

thats bullshit. it's one thing to enforce the law, but if there are no immediate signs of abuse or neglect or placing the child in a dangerous/negative environment, thos cocksuckers have NO RIGHT to give you shit about parenting or relationship advice. I'd tell that limp-dick bastard to quit sucking the prosecutor's cock, take his own balls out of the mason jar and stand up for the TRUE right like a real man. Fucking weak piece of shit.

Then again, I don't have children to care for, so good job on keeping your wits.

Well, I'm glad you only got probation.

10. Mrs.Boa

Mrs.Boa Germinating

Thanks everyone for your support. I can't even explain how much better your remarks made me feel. I am glad to have only got probabtion but the judge, the DA and my lawyer kind of screwed me over. Initially they were going to do a Defered Prosecution Agreement in which I would have to drop clean randomly for 6-8 months and then they would drop all charges. Then the DA changed his mind and offered the felony charge with 18 mo probation with expungement after successful completion. So I signed the plea bargin. The plea bargin for Boa was 2-1/2 yrs probation and no jail time. They postponed his sentence until next week though. Since we were in trouble in 2007 for growing and got off pretty "easy" the judge said we should have learned the first time and now we need to learn our lesson and set an example for the rest of the community. BS! I am just getting really worried that this judge is gonna lock up Boa and take him away from his family who needs his support. I hope we are lukcy enough to get PO's who are at least semi pro MMJ or who could care less either way. My PO the first time around had no pictures in her cubical except a huge poster of a pot leave with an X across it. Hoping not to go down that road again. :not-worthy: Can't wait to kiss the ground of my new home in CO... Will definitly jump through the hoops to get there though.

mt.king likes this.
  11. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

Damn heres hopeing he gets off easy. Keep your chin up I think he will.

teamster6

12. Chronic Don

Chronic Don Daddy of RP & GG

Glad to hear your still with us Mrs Boa.

Remember GK is a family, if things go wrong we are here to listen and help as we can.

13. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

If they'll going to expunge your record after your probation is done, I would just jump through their hoops, pay the fines, and move on.

Best of luck to you and Mr. Boa.

Peace.....

14. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

When you guys get here to the promised land let me know !

15. Mrs.Boa

Mrs.Boa Germinating

The original plea agreement was that the DA recomended expungement, which he did. However the judge makes the final decision regardless. It really sucks that the DA was totally on my side in the sense that he felt I was no major threat to the community or anything. He was very much in favor of expungement. I thought I would be relieved once tomorrow came and went but without the expungment agreement and without knowing what the future will hold for Boa, I cannot rest easy. I am praying that God has good things coming sooner than later in his plan for us.

16. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

That is interesting. Usually the judge will listen to the Da. Most of them are buddies. Just about like they are all golf partners. I wonder why this judge is being such a hard ass.

Teamster6

17. RKinG

RKinG Full Flowering

Boa, how'd you get busted?

18. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

From what I read, he was ratted out.

Peace.....

19. Chronic Don

Chronic Don Daddy of RP & GG

I think he'd said a bud who was busted turned him in. he talks of it in a few threads. I remember it from the official grow off from last yr.

20. hydromorphone

hydromorphone Excommunicated

Any concerns of property seizure?