AC timing issue

Discussion in 'DIY' started by CCrete, Mar 29, 2015.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I wanted to put in a few more watts, so I had to put a wall unit in to compensate for the extra heat....issue is, like a dipshit I bought a digital unit!

Issue is, if I put it on a regular timer, it won't turn back ON, you need to manually do it....obviously not ideal and problematic

Is there any cure to my issue that I'm not seeing? Besides leaving it on 24/7 at a specific temp

Thanks everyone

2. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I had the same problem with heaters not coming on again after the timer shut them off. I just got a different heater that does. Offhand I can't think of any AC unit that just starts when you plug it in.

I'm gonna have this problem in a month when it warms up a little.

3. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, those digitals are a pain. When they loose the elect source they loose all their memory.:BangHead:

Setting the temp on it is about the only way because you can't have another thermostat cutting it on and off.:BangHead: One of my concerns with them is a power outage. Lights go out for 5 minutes...... Good luck!!!

Be Cool, CG

4. CCrete

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Went through the same headaches this winter. Analog is the answer.

6. CCrete

Fuck!

7. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

I'm sure you've already checked all functions but mine has a energy saving function that shuts it down fan and all till the temp goes back up. If u end up returning it, get one with that feature .

8. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

thermostat

luxpro300 programable outlet thermostat use it with a fan heater ac total 4 times weekday and weekend or night day use with a manuel non didgital ac

:thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

been using one for 5 years on a 10,000 btu 120volt ac

oh and i set my ac on high

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
  9. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

If you would like, I can review the wiring diagram and manuals and see if you can bypass the digital controls. All I need is make model and serial #'s

However, doing so will definitely void your warranty...

Are you a handy individual and smart enough to not hurt yourself? :pimp:

10. friendlyfarmer

How do you tell the difference between a digital AC and an analog AC?

11. ResinRubber

One has a dial and an on/off button. The other has an LCD readout and buttons that do shit I don't understand.

12. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

Or post a picture :pimp:

13. CCrete

I just left it on 69 degrees and when the lights go out, it just runs the fan until the cooling is needed.....actually it helped tighten up the temp swing in my space, it used to vary about 10-14 degrees, now it stays at about 6-8 degrees within on and off temps

it was a blessing in disguise

14. Annunaki

Annunaki Developed Alternating Nodes

Are you using a window unit in an enclosed co2 enriched area?

15. CCrete

yea...I have 2 mini splits and now a window guy

But I see what your getting at I think

16. friendlyfarmer

what? what? cmon clue in the dumb guy

17. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

try thisThis worked 7 years do far View attachment 19651 View attachment 19652 View attachment 19653

IMG_20150331_010326_093.jpg

IMG_20150331_010247_870.jpg

IMG_20150331_010257_565.jpg

/monthly_2015_04/IMG_20150331_010326_093.jpg.619ddbefb9260da070f50df57ef9ffaa.jpg

/monthly_2015_04/IMG_20150331_010247_870.jpg.5b0775ccaec70ed245bd2f0f7475ec66.jpg

/monthly_2015_04/IMG_20150331_010257_565.jpg.49c09f25abc0083e3584165d06137713.jpg

18. ResinRubber

That's analog MT. Can't do that with a digital AC unit.

Why not a window unit in a small CO2 enriched area? I got no problem people using one with the outside venting closed. Mini splits and chillers are better but expensive.

19. Annunaki

Annunaki Developed Alternating Nodes

They don't seal well and your always bringing in outside air from my experience. He may be losing alot of Co2 is all I was thinking.

20. ResinRubber

Very true. No vent closing on window units is 100% effective, but that's the trade off for many of us.