Actively Aerated Microbial Rich Tea Solution

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Midnight Garden, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

lol, he's probably getting it from some giant pumpkin grower outlet. Those guys charge out the ying yang for myco.

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Garden stores are going the way of Walmart. My two local places had been family owned for generations. Always carried the best stuff too. Over the last two years they both have cut back to the Ferti-Lome and MiracleGro Scott's shit.

"Would you like a bag of blue crystals from a chemical manufacturer to go with that hydrangea sir?" AAaaaaack!

No Neptune's, no Dramm. Nothing with a cold emulsion. I got the blank stare this year when I asked the staff why they quit stocking Mycc or ProMix. Ended up with some old garden hag asking me why I needed it.

"Doh! Stupid bitch! It's for my fucking garden, that's why I'm in a garden store."

Gotta drive 40 minutes one way in a city of 3,000,000 to find a good, inexpensive, well stocked garden center now. No wonder the hydro shops are charging such high prices. Convenience gets $$.

3. Midnight Garden

We lost our big garden center here last year. They had three stores in the Sac area and closed all of them. They had been in business for at least 40 or fifty years. Now if I want special stuff I have to go to a little hole in the wall joint downtown but they have everything there. I don't know if they do mail order but if you need some weird or seldom used amendment, mineral or fertilizer these people have it.

http://talinisnursery.com/index.html

4. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

LOL "It's for my fucking garden!" :roffl: I feel ya. I think the hydro store stopped carrying the inexpensive mycos simply cuz when a person is shopping and looking at mycos on the shelf and comparing prices. WHen they see a 4 oz container of Great White for $50 right next to a big ass 1 lb. container of Earth Juice Rooter's Mycos for $12 which one do you think they are gonna buy? He probably wasn't selling as much of the expensive shit anymore so he dropped the inexpensive brand so he could just have the more expensive ones in stock and people will buy them cuz it's all he has. :passsit:

5. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Exactly ras, my dude looked at me crazy to. And it would have been 30+ dollars to sell me a small jar. That's when I got the whole rundown of Soil and how to plant in this region. I just had to listen so not to be rude and spark suspicion. Learned a lot of good stuff though

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Looked all over for Greensand and nobody in my town carries it. I'll have to oder online of I want it. I noticed though that my nursery has started carrying the Xtreme RTI Mycos recently. They have 1 lb. bags for $20. The only problems I have with that mycos is that it's granular and not powdered and it only lists one species of Mycorrhizae. The Earth Juice Rooter's Mycos has several different species.

7. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I know this will sound crazy and can't work for everyone but.......

If you have good soil locally you can take a handful, add it to your garden mix, and it should have all the good microbes you want, and they will multiply. This is kinda like a mini version of composting. Basically you are just taking what is already a healthy system and adding it to dormant soil.

8. ResinRubber

Check pool supply. With all the pools in southern Ca somebody has a greensand filter and somebody needs to supply it.

The mycc most beneficial for veggie gardening (and our type of herbs) is Glomus intradices. RTI used to use a full range mycc inoculant but narrowed it down to the most effective for desired use.

9. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Well I brewed my tea last night and today, I went easy on the rock phosphate with about 1/2 tsp to 5 gallons. Used around 2 tbs fish emulsion, 1-2tbs molasses, and about 1 cup of worm castings. It's bubbled since last night and I just used it to water my clones and hempies with it. Smelled ok, earthy but a lil fishy so maybe not that next time in the mix. Didn't have to strain as I used a coffe filter for the castings and phosphate. I'll post my results as they happen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Midnight Garden

11. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

12. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I personally wouldn't post a pic., on a site like this, with a firearm in it.

Just sayin'

13. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Damn, resin told me already about that. I keep forgetting to put it back in my room. Doing it now, fuck I'm dumb sometimes.

14. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I'm not paranoid re: posting pics (it's been awhile, but for no part. reason) because it's fruitless. Add a firearm along weed and you just may become a target. Paranoid? Maybe. THAT'S a risk I'm not willing to take.

Any Law can find you from here, I'm sure, if they needed to. Don't become a prize (and an embarrassment to your buds at GK :lmao:).

15. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

It's gone from room, doesn't really matter though. I'd they come its still in the house so I'd be screwed anyways. I get the point though, why advertise what alls here. Well, besides the weed:roffl:

16. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I've posted pics of my Evil Assault Rifle! :new_snipersmilie: Not alongside my garden though. :passsit:

17. ResinRubber

I had firearms in a house I was popped growing in. They were cased with trigger locks away from the grow and the cops left them alone. My guess if one had been in the vicinity of the garden my luck would have been a bit different.

18. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

I've said this before: My boy who got popped with 150 some plants didn't get in trouble with the plants, he got in trouble for the guns (some of them for hunting) and taxes.

19. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

Y'all have to take in account where he's living though. Texas is a whole different ball game when it comes to cops.

20. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Well, the shotguns put up, nothing in grow room, but like juggalo said its different. I keep a gun by every door, loaded, and blast rounds off in the back whenever I want. I'm way out in the country, never had a problem. I understand the stupidity of having it in the grow room though. That was stupid, but it's no longer there.