Actively Aerated Microbial Rich Tea Solution

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Midnight Garden, Mar 12, 2012.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

It is a regional thing Jugg. Around here everybody hunts, or used to. It'd be weird not finding a firearm of some type in any home. LL, your area is pretty similar. Odd that they hit with the a gun related charge...not unusual though.

2. JuggaloKing420

JuggaloKing420 Just clownin around

The gun thing is regional, but I'm referring to the cop thing. Hell, you'd be hard pressed to very many Texans that don't own firearms. I was just pointing out that a cop in Texas is going to get you for every little thing he can.

On top of growing, there's the gun. Then if you have multiple containers, you get popped with intent to distribute, even if you're running a basic 400w setup. Their going to look at how much they think you ''should'' be making off the grow. Plants get weighed with root ball and medium, so on top of manufacturing a controlled substance you get hit with possession of MJ how ever many pounds. Shit, you might even get hit with a parafinelia(sp) charge.

Really it all depends on who your lawyer knows and how well they're liked, but any firearm in the same house as a grow brings in the feds if reported so I keep mine somewhere else.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Wow..have we ever drifted. Gotta love GK.

That's the problem Jugg. Just like everything in the stupid drug war, enforcement is all over the board.

4. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

Swung by the hydro shop on my way in from work today. Got some goodies, there were a lot of earth juice products. I got the sea blast 17-8-17 for grow. Gonna do another tea with the mykos now that I have some. Oh, he gave me a couple samples of azamax in the little vials but I have no instructions on how to apply it. A half gallon of it was $119!! Ph stuff is for indoor, not sure why I included it.

[​IMG]

5. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I started a batch of this tea today. I am going to put it on the weed and the giant pumpkin. I substituted the worm castings with a big pile of stuff from my composter.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Nice! My teas are kicking ass. I find that with the recipe I used my teas are powerful enough to dilute down at a 1:2 ratio and I still only need to feed maybe once every 2 weeks. Even in smaller pots. The tea contains soluble and insoluble sources of food so they continue to feed as the microbes break down the nutrient sources that are held in the medium. Very effective and my plants are seriously healthy looking. Nice thick leaves with a beautiful deep green color and vigorous growth. I've been giving it to my outdoor garden as well and my tomatoes are going nuts. I got them in late and they are already huge bushes with tomatoes all over them. I'll be harvesting my first tomatoes this week I think. I wasn't sure I would get any before the heat really came on this summer but the teas have kicked my garden into high gear.

7. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Glad to see yall are seeing a benefit! I am not sure how organic everyone is going, but I am glad to see the principle working for yall non-the-less. Before I stopped growing, I ONLY used teas for feeding. The wonders of microbes and what they do best.

Can't wait to see the results guys. :passit:

I still recommend always adding some dolomite lime and H2o2 to the mix, but I also know that can be debated. It just never did me wrong and I never had to check PH. It also can help prevent top-mold from the tea if it is too strong or doesn't get strained all the way.

Hope that helps.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

My grow is 100% organic at the moment. Only using teas for feeding and Organic Soil. I am adding some dolomite lime to my tea recipe. I add 3 Tablespoons of lime per 5 gal batch of tea.

Now about adding that H2o2. I would not do that myself. It's anti-fungal and antibacterial properties would negatively affect the microbial population. It's the microbes that are so beneficial. As long as your tea is properly aerated it should have plenty of oxygen in it already so I don't see how the H2o2 would be beneficial for a tea. :passsit:

9. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

That is the debate I was talking about that I know we have ALL had before but I can't find the freaking thread it was in.

At the right levels H2o2 shouldn't kill the beneficial microbes or bacteria that we need in the organic soil, only the bad stuff. I am not saying adding a shit load won't kill off all those things, because that is an obvious reason to use it in hydro I imagine.

But without going anywhere but other growing sites (non-marijuana related), I've only found concrete evidence on Wiki (which is obviously not how I like to prove something).

So that is why I say I've always added it and had no problem, but I know there is a debate about it that is worth having when it comes to organic teas.

10. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I'll have to agree with lion on the h2o2, in the teas I've been making, at first they smelled pretty bad and seemed a lil anaerobic. About 1 tbs of h2o2 and the next day the "rot" smell was gone and it smelled more earthy. The plants have responded well to it so I'm happy.

11. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

My teas never smell bad. They smell sweet and earthy from the start to finish. If it works for you, cool. But for me, I want my microbial population as high as possible. If properly brewed with quality ingredients and adequately aerated you should have no anaerobic activity. The beneficials will actually counteract many types of negative fungus and bacteria. :passsit:

12. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I think the main problem was that I put fish emulsion in it. Won't do that again. I'm pretty sure that's what caused the funky odor.

13. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Ohh yeah, that'll do it. Fish emulsion stinks. If it's not used right away it just gets worse.:passsit:

14. Midnight Garden

My first indoor grow I ever did I used fish emulsion. That shit stunk like hell so I quit using it.

15. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I used Alaska Fish Ferts and they smelled pretty rank, but not after I watered them. The smell didn't stick around after I watered. If I left any sitting in a bucket for even a day it smelled 10x worse though. Make you puke smell. No need for them now. I like the tea and it's a more complete fertilizer anyway, with all the beneficial microbes in there.

16. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

I've been using Neptune's Harvest and I only really notice the smell when I mix things up and for about an hour after I water. The smell doesn't seem to stick around too bad.

17. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I have the Alaska stuff, rank shite. I used it as a substitute for something but I forget what. I won't be using it in any tea from now on though. As soon as I shut the air off it seemed to get worse. What helped was turning the air back on and adding a tbs to 5 gallons of h2o2.

18. Midnight Garden

So why is everyone coming up with foul smelling tea? I let mine bubble for 24 hours and it had a nice earthy smell to it. I diluted it to 2.5 gallons of water in 2.5 gallons of tea and used it on my tomatoes, giant pumpkin and weed.

19. Bje4201

Bje4201 Vegetating

I think it was just me that made a foul tea. I substituted fish emulsion for something. I forget what, and man that stuff reeked! I quit with it, started a new brew and should be much better, no fish.

20. Midnight Garden

I went to the hydro store this morning to get some soil and saw this tea brewer...Damn!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]