Allow Some Pot, Lawmakers Urge

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DaBurner420, Jul 30, 2008.

1. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

2. 420kitty

420kitty Just Chillin

"The vast amount of human activity ought to be none of the government's business," Frank said on Capitol Hill. "I don't think it is the government's business to tell you how to spend your leisure time."

...we need more politicians like this. if they would pull their head out of their asses they might realize that marijuana is a safer alternative to any other substance out there, and that there is also evidence to support this claim. yet instead of using our resources to arrest the dangerous criminals in this world, we still choose to waste our time arresting harmless and perfectly normal individuals.

3. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

LETS HOPE IT PASSES-Bud

4. talltrees

talltrees A Fat Sticky Bud

Is it just me or has there been a lot of ppl trying to decriminalize pot lately. Its like this is the 2nd bill they tried to pass in the last few months. We could be getting close ppl.

5. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

I give all regards to the CHANCE it would be voted into law. I'm less than thrilled to have Barney Frank as the lead guy for his lack of pull in the house, but any port in a storm.

Just for shits, I would REALLY like to see drug testing found to be an invasion of our rights, because, uh, IT IS :pottytrain1: .

I also wonder if this will MAKE it to the floor for a vote? I wish ol' Barn, and, uh? IS there another sponser of this? 'cause I think they need that?

6. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

No worries....the US is essentially bankrupt now.....they won't have funding VERY soon. Mark my words. :)

7. LionLoves420

LionLoves420 Lazy Days In The Sun

Hell, they may have to decriminalize just to pay their debts through taxing it. At least that is a justifiable reason in the crazy pot-hating politician's mind.

8. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

The US, Broke? c'mon. Were never broke as long as we can borrow more money from China. :)

....And what about all that gold in Ft. Knox :sign13: ..oh, wait. They sold that off twenty years ago.

Well, as long as I can go to the fridge, and pull me out an American Budwieser product. Oh, wait.

Ok. Perhaps we have a bit of a cash flow problem.

9. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Now that makes good sense right there. :ebert: They should listen to us stoners a little more....might keep their heads above water if they do. :smokin:

Master....you crack me up. :roll:

10. "The Master"

"The Master" Time Lord

Why would someone who is making PILES of cash, let the value of the product to drop? That don't make good financial sense.

If I GAVE free hotdogs to the hungry? how much could I sell MY hotdogs for on my cart?

I may not be off of the grid on SO many levels, but I'm off of the weed=dollars grid.

If they werent getting paid from it? why wouldn't they do as you wish? because they ARE getting paid.

I wish they would, though. If they taxed it? they would have to work harder to keep all of that payoff money to themselves, kinda' like the war contactor hustle they have going on, money taken OUT of the till, RIGHT into their pockets. OH, I'm sorry :eusa_shifty: that goes in the Politics forum, and THIS coming from a Military guy. Bush is the Contractor in Chief.

I don't think the next guy will be any change, on either topic.

I'd be GLAD to be wrong :laughing5:.

But, I'M tired of coughing up phlegm !!!, so I'M going to buy me a Vaporizer, and do my lungs a favor, stop smoking and vaporize with the Vapor Brothers hands free vaporizer.

11. BbMinorFunk

BbMinorFunk NOT a pro

Not to be the negative nancy but i would say there is no way in hell it is gonna happen. It is been tried several times but never come close.

As far as money and America goes there is always a flow. America is considered a super power because there is a lot of money and it cost a lot to get stuff made here because of the cost of living wages and etc etc. In a place like Mexico or elsewhere you can get stuff made for half the price if not less. So money gets transfered there until these places have moeny and the price of them making stuff goes up and then america is not so rich. Blah blah blah one way to the other until we all find a balance. It may take a while but i think one day it might be there.

12. SteelCity Smoker

SteelCity Smoker To Be Continued

America will never go broke so to speak. Since we now live in a day and age that it is truly a world economy if ours collapse it would domino the rest of the world. Mercedes and Bmw in germany no longer able to ship a single car here to sell. No one buying the gazillion toys china manufactures and so on. It's not in the world's best interest to let us run out of money.

Back to the task at hand. I hope that pot becomes legal to possess but i never want the gov selling it. They can create an agricultural tax on it but since all it takes is seeds and dirt to grow i don't think they will ever be able to truly regulate sales of it. Who is gonna pay 20 bucks for a pack of joints when you can just grow it out back. ya know?

The master you touched on annheiser-busch corp. selling out to In bev. This hits me HARD i have been putting money into stock with ABCo. for over 5 years. It has always been a solid earner never really depreciating only slowly climbing. Last quarter i owned 242 shares. It pisses me off that i potentially will have to find another solid earner and my annual trips to busch gardens will stop since i won't get a discount anymore. I think i may try to find out if Jack Daniels is publicly traded. Why stick with alcoholic beverages you ask since ppl ain't gonna stop drinkin anytime soon. The price of ABCo will rise right after it is sold but within 6 months it will go down tremendously. Did anyone else know that Miller Beers are owned by a South African company. Ok my bitching will end now... DSP

13. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Nope, all I knew was that the brewry is in ft. worth and depending on which side of I-35 you are on you get the plesant smell of beer then bread at Mrs. bairds bakery or vice-versa. Hmmm.... I can smell it now!

14. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...Seems you n' I are experiencin' a bit of the same problem...lol...

...This too shall pass...

...Pass me a Heineken!...

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

15. Dazechain

Dazechain Cured Fat Sticky Bud

...don't hold yer' breath...

...uh ok...if you say so...

...If anything, America is a bloat'd hyper-super power...and some great civilizations over the centuries have proven that hegemonies are not always as secure as they may seem...

...I know this is entirely off topic...but this money issue, and the lack of clarity thereof...just amazes me...

...The current administration has done far more to hurt the bottom line than any other administration in the history of the United States...so apparently that was no easy trick...but ol' Bushwhack is gunna pull it off yet...

...Something to chew and grow on...

...I have just about finish'd the book Descent Into Chaos(The United States and the Failure of Nationbuilding in Afghanistan, Pakistan and Central Asia) by Ahmed Rashid. He is a Pakistani journalist that has been around for the last 30 years reporting on the dsyfunctions inherent in this troubled part of the globe...

...The book covers much ground and makes it glaringly obvious that the US government along with the CIA are complicit in the actions of funding the same Islamic extremism that the Bush/Cheney Team Failure are supposedly fighting...that's right...you might as well face the facts...your hard-earn'd tax dollars at work...in back-door dealing with the Taliban who is connect'd to Al-Qaeda via Pakistan double-dealings...bottom line...I am severely not impressed...and it is quite apparent to me that many Americans are completely aloof to this subject matter...which is the stuff life or death is made of...time for reality checks people...and as far as ol' Barney goes...godspeed to him...but the arrogance and ignorance on Pennsylvania Ave. is in abundant supply...which sez' to me...just simply "not gunna happen"...

...So it goes...and I will continue to grow to my heart's content...fuck 'em if they don't like it...put me on the state's dime...I simply put don't care anymore.

...Daburner...sorry to get so off topic...I will abstain from this activity in the future...just had to get this off my chest...thank you.

...DC...:XXsunsmile::new_scatter:

16. Allen

Allen Humble Gardener

Like The Master said, they make so much money off of the people who do get caught, by fines, court costs, probation fees, etc.

And no, our country won't go broke, but pretty damn close. Our country should have been broke by now with the billions spent each day or whatever overseas fueling the tanks, planes, hummers, and all that. But instead they take the value of our money down by just pumping more and more into circulation. Isn't our country already in billions of dollars of debt? America is going to be somebody's bitch really soon.

17. DaBurner420

DaBurner420 This Line For Rent.

It's all good, if it branched from this topic then it is part of it.:laughing5:

Seems like the major incentive for the government to allow pot is money. Alcohol went legit, maybe the government makes more money this way.

Pot going legit? If it doesn't then the government makes more money keeping pot illegal, I wonder how?? pot arrests do bring in some money but not near as much if they sold the product themselves, IMO.

And aren't currency/credit bound by gold reserves? If so, we're broke!

18. BbMinorFunk

BbMinorFunk NOT a pro

I was just saying what i said as in reference to the Tao Te Ching. There is always a flow and a balance. The strong becomes the weak and the weak become the strong. For anything to exist there must be an opposite to justify its existence. Wasn't putting it that clearly but I'm not always in the clearest of mindsets.

Also like i said earlier i dont think there is much of a chance on pot becoming legal. Don't get me wrong i am all for it, but I think that one has been on the books in congress for a long time and it just doesn't seem to be anyones top priority that can swing some votes to it. Atleast they dont make movies like reefer madness anymore though so that has to be some kind of step in the right direction.