AMAZING Source of Organics Info

Discussion in 'Organic Cultivation' started by Ognennyy, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

I've been doing a lot of research, looking into building my own soils for my first outdoor grow this year. The questions I found constantly plaguing me were, "Well this organic fert source has lots of Nitrogen, but so does this one... so what's the difference?!"

I found myself pulling my hair out, considering all the options out there. So I began google searching and researching every single option I have. It was slow and tedious. Then the clouds parted, the rays of sun shone through, and organic information source heaven smiled upon me :p

http://www.grow-it-organically.com/npk-fertilizer.html

[​IMG]

It has all the fertilizers broken down into categories according to which nutrient they are a major source of, and what the source of the fertilizer is (animal or plant).

Hope ya'll enjoy it as much as I am :angel4:

ResinRubber likes this.
  2. mt.king

mt.king mud drags champion

used them for years

I'm my vegetable garden still use some of it

3. Ognennyy

Ognennyy Begun Flowering

Use some of what?

4. Savvy Simon

Savvy Simon Established Healthy Roots

Thanks Og... there's some good info there. If the forum posts on here are any indication, it doesn't seem like there's a very large organic sector. I've just started my first garden (indoor) and decided to go with the 'Organicare' line, a liquid organic nutrient system. As it is my first grow, I didn't have the experience to make an informed decision, but everything seems to be working well so far. The Hash variety that I've started with, is fairly bushy and healthy looking. I've switched the lighting cycle two weeks back and the little buds are forming nicely. It's fascinating watching it happen for the first time.

I had been digging up some info on the subject of organic nutrients myself. The Feb/Mar issue of 'Urban Garden' has a couple of particularly good articles on 'Indoor Organics' and an explanation of the difference between organic and mineral fertilizers. That's a really informative mag altogether. I'd recommend it to anybody with an interest in learning this ummm... particular branch of horticulture.

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Simon- There's more than a few organic gardeners around here, a couple are mods. If you're searching threads dig through some of Randy High's posts. If you need some direction feel free to PM me or you could start up your own thread on organic basics.

cheers,