And another harvest question

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Hamunaptralion, Jan 25, 2003.

1. Hamunaptralion

Hamunaptralion Veggy Stage

Okay then,

If, as it has been said in the last topic, the best time to harvest is when the trichome heads just start turning amber, then what if it is not for every flower on the plant? Should you micromanage and pick only the ones that have turned? Or, wait until a certain percentage of the whole plants collective trichomae change to amber, or even all of them amber? If you wait until a greater or full percentage amount, will the trichomes(and flowers) that started chagning first be darker and of a different quality high than the more recently amberized ones?

And just out of curiousity (if you have the inclination):

What happens if you never flower and leave the plant on 12/12 indefinitely while cutting off good buds and still watering. Will the plant just die?

What would happen to the already existing flowers if you changed the light back to 24/7...would they keep developing for a few days longer before the plant had some kind of problem and started going hermi or whatever?

Or, vice versa, what would happen to the buds if I slowly increased the dark time day by day...would the flowers mature faster to the amber trichome state?

What would happen if I flashed a purple strobe light at one side of the room, and a green strobe light at the other side during the dark period? Would the plants think it was funny?

2. rangerdanger

rangerdanger ***Rest in Peace***

You sure ask a lot of questions for a guy from New Jersey.

Many growers pick individual buds as they get to the point of which they like to smoke them (if you pick a bud when only 1/3 of the hairs turn brown instead of the 'tradional' 3/4, for instance, it produces a more energentic, 'up' high).

I like to harvest a plant all at once, to get a variety of effects from the same plant--from an soaring, active high to a heavy couch-lock stone.

If you keep the plant on 12/12, it will eventually die. It's an annual.

If you leave buds on and revert to 24/0, the buds will be 'absorbed' back into the plant.

Increasing dark periods gradually will delay you harvest.

Would plants think colored strobe lights were funny? Yeah, they'd crack-up.

"Don't ask me, I'm the bass player".