And so it begins.....

Discussion in 'The Growkind Gallery' started by CanadianDAN, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

^^^what WA said^^^  ..personally I like the taste and smell of bud as is. ;)

SWEET buds...alwys loved skunk! :bigok:

2. Eddie Cheba

Eddie Cheba A Fat Sticky Bud

lookin good dan...maybe a littl early...i get anxious to smoke too and end up choking nugs down early

happy growin

3. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Dan...you chopped on the evening of the 13th and already by the 15th you have them in jars? Sorry, but that don't sound NEAR enough like a proper drying. Not trying to bust your balls man...just trying to prevent your buds from molding.

Herbman....trust me. ;) Been harvesting and drying buds a while now and 25% is right on the money for final weight after a proper dry. I think Dan will soon realize this himself. ;) A proper dry should take anywhere from a week to two weeks THEN they go into jars. I know how young bucks can tend to be a bit 'premature' on things. :biggrin: Been there myself. As you see in 2 days Dan's buds dropped over 50% of their weight and they are not done believe me. :beerchug:

Enjoy your smoke Dan and here's to things only getting better from here on out. :animbong:

4. herbman

herbman Full Flowering

Dammit Pappy just keep raining on my parade man!! j/k, thanks for all the help hommie!! Again great jod Dan

5. CanadianDAN

CanadianDAN Summer Greenthumb

(Edited by CanadianDAN at 8:02 pm on Feb. 3, 2006)

6. Nesta

Nesta Full Flowering

that dry/wet thing you speak of is the curing process itself. dry them out again, then put them back into the jars. They will moisten up again just dry and place back in the jars. Repeat this process until the nugs no longer moisten. Then leave in jars for atleast a week. Good luck.

7. Danno33

Danno33 A Fat Sticky Bud

very true nesta...

to estimate dry erb from wet erb, devide the wet weight by 5 and you will always have the right weight, works for me everytime.

8. CanadianDAN

(Edited by CanadianDAN at 8:03 pm on Feb. 3, 2006)

9. Eddie Cheba

dan i currently have 3 flowering ladies @ 58 days and im still noticing new bud and trichome production.  i plan to begin flushing tommorow evening.  And  again when she dries up in 4-5 days.  2 flushes.  Im thinking 70 days should give her enough time to do her thing.  I also am checking trichomes w/ a 60-100x microscope.  It was hard to tell cloudy from clear...roughly 70% were cloudy and 30% were clear w/ only a red one here and there.  I agree w/ your grow buddy and suggest going the full ten weeks.  The more bud the merryer

Congratulations on the fine looking ladies 

10. CanadianDAN

11. DuffMan

DuffMan Horticultural Technician

I have also read the same thing here, I wouldn't put the plant right under the faucet though, unless you put the water on really soft. But what do I know.

12. Eddie Cheba

use a watering can like duffman said.  What i've done is pretty much what your buddy has prescribed.  Except instead of taking water directly out of the faucet.  I fill milk jugs with water a day before waterings to let chlorine and other man-made chemicals evaporate out.  Then adjust pH before flush.

Happy Growin cAnAdiAndAn      

13. CanadianDAN

14. Danno33

Danno33 A Fat Sticky Bud

what i do canadianDAN is when it is time to stop using ferts, i do one flush consisting of about double or triple the amount of water(just to get all the salts out of the soil), then i water normally until harvest, using H2O only.

Im not sure how many people accually do a "flush", but i like to do it for better flavouring in the end.

15. Eddie Cheba

^^^

Water when conditions are close to a drought, rather than everyday.  Flushing all nutrients out of soil medium forces mj to eat-up stored nutrients in fan leaves.  This and removal of salts will produce a much more desirable taste.  

16. CanadianDAN

(Edited by CanadianDAN at 8:04 pm on Feb. 3, 2006)

17. Outdoorchronic

Outdoorchronic Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

timber!!!!!......great job dan :bigok: she looks skunky i bet the smoke will be great

(Edited by Outdoorchronic at 4:53 am on Dec. 29, 2005)

18. DuffMan

DuffMan Horticultural Technician

Congradulations Dan,

It's grows like that That give Canadian Pot a good name.

Fuckin Eh man.

(Edited by DuffMan at 11:12 am on June 22, 2005)

19. Eddie Cheba

those fan leaves are looking really good dan

20. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

My opinion is that those leaves look TOO good for 8 weeks. Too much N in the flowermix somewhere. By 8 weeks the leaves should damn near be all used up. Reduce the N uptake in flower and you will see those buds fill in MUCH more I promise. The buds will be the tastiest you've ever had too. :beerchug: