any ideas for collecting pollen off outdoor male

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by nippie, Jul 7, 2015.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

have a purple killing fields f2 male whos wad i am trying to keep.

any ideas on the best way to collect it? It's right to a green f2

also, have a couple harry males that i have yet to put out....any cheap isolation chambers ideas? Don't want him squirting all over, got lucky once thus the kf are outside, so it needs to be pretty snazzy on the cheap.

But would prefer to keep things outdoor so im all ears...stoners always make the best macgyvers

:passsit:

2. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Clear, or white, garbage bags. When the pods are ready to pop just put the bag over the entire plant and zip tie it closed around the bottom stem. After a day or two of dumping pollen cut the plant, carry it a safe distance away, and remove it. You should end up with a garbage bag coated with pollen.

Never done it, but that's how I'd try to isolate outdoors. Who cares if you kill the plant with the bag? All you want is the pollen.

Or, wait until the pods are mature then cut the ball bearing branches and put them in a cup of water in a closet with a tiny cfl. The pods will still shed pollen. Trash the main plant after cutting the branches you want.

3. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

i thought about that, but this brings up another question,

how long will it spit pollen?? It has been for a few weeks now, just growing and spitting out more, but at any given time only 20% or so of the sacks are open. Is that as good as it gets? Is there an optimal time when 50%+ are opening?

Sorry not used to males. I was going to try to reveg just because I want some purple pollen

4. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

A little goes a long way. You can cut pollen with rice flour. An 1/8 tsp of pollen can blend into a tablespoon of rice flour and that can pollinate more plants than you or I will ever do.