any one ever here of this "24/12" cycle?????

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by Budweiser 3, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Domin8rix

Domin8rix Resident Evil

Kush,

You want total darkness during the dark period! NO LIGHT AT ALL! Seal up those cracks baby, and you're good to go ;) . Good luck,

-------Spliff

2. hydro convert

hydro convert Developed Alternating Nodes

Yes, seal your door. The reason is because they are indoor plant and the dark cycle is relative to the environment they grow in. Most indoor grown plants are used to complete darkness during the dark cycle. Outdoor plants are used to very little light, sometimes a full moon my even be to bright. Like I said it's all relative to the environment they have been growing in. I think a neat experiment would be to expose one plant to a night light during the dark cycle, etc.........

3. hellostupid

hellostupid Stupid Iz. Stupid Duz.

:alien:Mrs. B is right-

:cheesy:Plants do really also grow at nite!  They photosynthesize food in the daytime & metabolize it by nite!  Not only that, cannabis stop breathing Co2&actually start to breathe oxygen that is needed to metabolize the sugars they've jus' created & stored during the day! {4U Co2 Guyz-thatz why u don't use Co2 during the dark cycle.} No joke!  This is fact. Not fiction folkz...

How much darkness cannabis need do you say?  Well by tha book...people say 6 hours every"day"...but I have my 15 kidz only using 4hrs myself(i'm experimenting:) )...

Go with an 18/6 shedule to be safe.  

Use duck tape to seal all them crackz during flowerin'...& veggyin'!!!  This is not only smart...but the safe choice also...

I've heard about that 24/12 lightin' for da flowerin' shedule before!  You can find similar information at Overgrow

:biggrin:I have my own question folks...has anyone tried a 20/4 lighting schedule?  Or should I take my own advice & stick with 18/6?

:smokin:Happy Growin'!:smokin:

(Edited by ismoke2much at 7:48 pm on Jan. 10, 2003)

4. Budweiser 3

Budweiser 3 Cured Fat Sticky Bud

hey" IS2M"have you done 18/6 before and how do the qual/qunt measure up to more standard times like 12/12 and 11/13 [​IMG]??

5. hellostupid

hellostupid Stupid Iz. Stupid Duz.

:smokin:Hey Budweiser3,

:cheesy:When I wuz talkin' 'bout 18/6...I wuz referring to the veggy cycle...sorry.  Didn't mean to confuse anyone!

:biggrin: I'm a newbie much like y'self...and now am into my sophmore year of growin'.  

;) With my last harvest-I had the lights on constantly(durin' veggy cycle)...which didn't seem to hurt them.  My 1st harvest(which jus' a few days ago) wuz a learnin' experience...i made jus' 'bout every mistake  in the book!  I mean I wuz so naive that even i used halogenz...which i'll never use again.:puke:   But with my current 15 kidz...i wanted to try somethin' diffren't.  

:cheesy:My current crop are still on 20/4 into their 1st week with no noticable side effects.  I have them under 6000 luments/sq ft. of flourescents.  The reason that I have them under 20/4 instead of 18/6 for veggy is that becuz I read a webpage that mentioned that 4 hrs. of Darkness was the bare minimum of "sleep" required by plants in general.  So far their doin' great...big phat leaves&tight internodes!:biggrin:

My last harvest I flowered them under 12/12 cycle & they responded great(showed sex in 10 days!)...

I feel that everyone must keep their growchamber light-tight at all times...even durin' the veggy cycle!!!  I know for a fact that at the very moment that the dark cycle kicks in-cannabis plants begin to breathe Oxygen instead of Co2!  Just like we humanz; cannabis require Oxygen in order to metablize.  We humanz don't breathe Co2 becuz our bodies weren't designed to create/photosynthesize our own sugars/food...

:smokin:I have never tried 18/6  for veggy...maybe with my next crop after this one!  Happy Growin'!:smokin:

(Edited by ismoke2much at 7:50 pm on Jan. 10, 2003)

6. Budweiser 3

ok' thats cool thank's fer let'n me no "bro" .im still vegg'n fer another 3wk's then its hps time right! im gun'a do 10/14 i figure its my first so i might as well experament with it a bit, thats not that far off normal time's and i want all the growth i can get! so i will let ya no how it goes!PEACE man!!!!!!!!!

7. gardener

gardener Developed Alternating Nodes

I know the roots always need O2. I did not know that the plants took in O2 instead of CO2 though the leaves at night though. This brings me back to a question I have asked before in relation to the roots: why dose the plant expel O2 when it needs it to survive. Sure we would all die if the plants just kept the O2 they made to themselves but it seems more efficient for them.

8. Budweiser 3

i thought they gave off Co2 and consume Co.?[​IMG]?[​IMG]?[​IMG]? if this isnt the case im really fuckin confused"Lol"!!!!!

9. gardener

carbon monoxide is a poison that comes out of the exhust of your car and your lungs when you smoke. I am 99% sure plants don't like it or produce it.

10. Budweiser 3

your probly right! i dont really know **** about plants to be honest wit ya,thats why there's folk's like yer self to help people like me!!!"LoL"

11. gardener

That is what growkind is all about. I didn't know anything really either til I found this site [​IMG]

12. Budweiser 3

yeah i wouldnt have what's growing now if not fore "GK"! cause the other sites are just a bunch of rude know-it-all's,i couldnt by a serious anawer!!!!!!!!

13. bcbuds4life

bcbuds4life Veggy Stage

I grow in my closet and have never completly sealed it up. i watch tv in my room when the doors r shut, maybe a little light getsin, but through two grow i haven't seen any problems, mind you i have never tried it sealed either.

14. pesoroy

pesoroy New Sprout