Any Patients here?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by Herbmon, Dec 9, 2006.

1. Herbmon

Herbmon New Sprout

Hey I was wondering if anybody in growkind is legal? I am. Wanted to ask a couple things like....how ligit is growing. California....Ventura county allows 12 immature and 6 mature plants. It makes me feel safer having a prescription, but I still don't want to get caught. Has anyone had to deal with the authorities?

2. royaldoe

royaldoe nug lover

What's wrong with you? How did you get a prescription?:potleaf:

3. Randy High

Randy High Organic Alumni

Well I'm like you. I figure I won't spend time in jail but I know the pain it will be to have LEOs all over my world.

The bitch is here they take your things and make you go to court to get them back.

I mean sue them basically.

One woman was told she couldn't have her light back because she would use it to grow marijuana.

Duhh.. She has a Dr's recommendation to do so...

That was in the news paper.

So Herbmon are you going to get a card?

I've been thinking about it.

And what with Pirate radio? Are they ever going back online?

4. Bud Greenright

Bud Greenright In the garden, you?

I am completely legal. I only pretend to grow and post on GK as a writing excercise. Sure it might seem like I am a person who is really detailed in explaining the growing experiences that I have had, But that is only because i'm that good of a storyteller. Also any pics you may have seen of my garden were computer generated as a partnership between Pixxar and Skywalker studios. They sure make them look so real. So don't infer with your questions that I am somehow breaking the law.

:roll: Just Kidding

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

ppl allowed to grow weed????

...what he said. :laughing5:

Seriously though whats this i hear about ppl actully being allowed some kind of prescription that allows them to grow MJ?Do tell more......

I can put it in my 'book of excuses for the DEA',lol..... Peace y'all:punk:

6. Randy High

"some kind of prescription" is not accurate

Here is what my recommendation form says.

Health and Safety code 11362.5

http://www.potdoc.com/PDFs/prop215_Text.pdf

Here comes the whole text.

----------------------------

Text of California’s Proposition 215

(CA Health & Safety Code 11362.5)

The Compassionate Use Act of 1996

California’s ‘Medical Marijuana’ Law

This initiative measure is submitted to the people in accordance with the provisions of

Article II, Section 8 of the Constitution.

This initiative measure adds a section to the Health and Safety Code; therefore, new

provisions proposed to be added are printed in italic type to indicate that they are new.

=====================

THE LAW!:

---------------

SECTION 1. Section 11362.5 is added to the Health and Safety Code, reads:

11362.5. (a) This section shall be known and may be cited as the Compassionate Use

Act of 1996.

(b)(1) The people of the State of California hereby find and declare that the purposes of

the Compassionate Use Act of 1996 are as follows:

(A) To ensure that seriously ill Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana

for medical purposes where that medical use is deemed appropriate and has been

recommended by a physician who has determined that the person's health would benefit

from the use of marijuana in the treatment of cancer, anorexia, AIDS, chronic pain,

spasticity, glaucoma, arthritis, migraine, or any other illness for which marijuana

provides relief.

Page 2

(B) To ensure that patients and their primary caregivers who obtain and use marijuana

for medical purposes upon the recommendation of a physician are not subject to criminal

prosecution or sanction.

© To encourage the federal and state governments to implement a plan to provide for

the safe and affordable distribution of marijuana to all patients in medical need of

marijuana.

(2) Nothing in this section shall be construed to supersede legislation prohibiting

persons from engaging in conduct that endangers others, nor to condone the diversion of

marijuana for non-medical purposes.

© Notwithstanding any other provision of law, no physician in this state shall be

punished, or denied any right or privilege, for having recommended marijuana to a

patient for medical purposes.

(d) Section 11357, relating to the possession of marijuana, and Section 11358, relating

to the cultivation of marijuana, shall not apply to a patient, or to a patient's primary

caregiver, who possesses or cultivates marijuana for the personal medical purposes of

the patient upon the written or oral recommendation or approval of a physician.

(e) For the purposes of this section, ''primary caregiver" means the individual

designated by the person exempted under this section who has consistently assumed

responsibility for the housing, health, or safety of that person.

SEC. 2. If any provision of this measure or the application thereof to any person or

circumstance is held invalid, that invalidity shall not affect other provisions or

applications of the measure that can be given effect without the invalid provision or

application, and to this end the provisions of this measure are severable.

-----------------------------------------

7. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

amazing,really is beyond my british comprehension,lol.

wow...my fragile little mind just cant comprehend that dudes across the pond are legally allowed to grow and produce cannabis on medical grounds...never heard of any cool shit like that over here although i know a while back the government made a blue pill from MJ plant extracts and did a trial prescription to certain chosen patients,never heard anything else about it.....but the acres and acres of greenhouses in the fileds of oxfordshire protected by soldiers and police is still growing copious amounts of weed.If lawlessness and riots ever break out im fucking speeding all the way to oxford before ppl realise...im just waiting on a revoloution to start so i can carry out my secret plan to steal the governments weed instead of them doing it to all of us:roflmao: :wink: Peace:punk:

8. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

9. starzandskarz27

starzandskarz27 Established Healthy Roots

im a legal patient in california as well, they just came out with new state issued cards from the health department...im able to go to any med dispensary in california

10. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

good links...

Is this the way the founding father intended it or is this just more constituional stuff being 'amended'?Ya know summit ppl,in the not too distance future i can see proserous states leaving the USA and going it alone ,either that or a civil war is inevitable in the next century cos whats the point of statehood and state judges and laws if the federal state pick and choose whats best for them from their point of view and NOT for the residents of these states who fought to get the laws passed.Shit man fascism is cropping up more and more til the point americas gonna be a police state.Hope im wrong.Peace y'all:)

11. splyph024

splyph024 Blazin daily

here's the real deal from a real californian.....

people ARE allowed to grow, posses, and smoke MJ in and in ONLY california. the amount allowed to posses and grow are determined by the doctor prescribing it. As far as possesion goes, you are only allowed to carry enough for personal use only. You cannot be in possesion of MJ in a car or any other motorized vehicle. The police MUST let u go with a photo i.d. and marijuana medical patient card. they can be :dickhead: 's and take your shit, and u can go thru the process of getting it back and going to court and bullshit, but i think its just not worth it. As for the federal government... a lot of laws and shit they say doesn't really apply to california..... why u ask?? .... well thats because california is its own republic. we can make our own laws that can override federal laws. gotta love it huh?

So when you go to the doc's office to get a card, you can't just have some excuse like "oh, i have back pains" or some lame shit like that. my friend treats his epalepsy(i know thats not how to spell it) with MJ. You have to have a medical history of pain. And if it's for a sleep disorder, u have to undergo sleep tests and what not. then after all that, there is a yearly fee of $100-250 to keep yourself prescribed.

Nowadays here in SoCal, its hard to find a good dispecary that has good herb for good prices. usually the best stuff comes from humbolt county. other than that, its usually homegrown.

12. splyph024

splyph024 Blazin daily

For these stories..... some despecaries were being absolutley fucking retarted about the whole thing. My friend who is a medical user works at a despecary and said the only places that were shut down(and there were a lot of em) were shut down because they were selling and buying to non-medical users and sellers i.e.- selling and buying from the streets. thats why they had expesive cars and a ton of dough. If the place does it right and descretly, the DEA cannot and will not touch them.

Another reason were the fucking outrageous prices..... $80 an eighth!!!!! those fucking idiotsa deserve wht they got IMO.

13. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

INTERESTING to say the LEAST!!!

:laughing5:

iI fucking wish tough The Apprentice eh???? we'd be laughing:laughing5: our heads of, at the excuses that we'd come up with , just to get a fuckin licience to grow some good sticky icky mang....wow, it would be weed mania over here, if that happened, everyone would go for it, most likely fuck it up too,( all those RATS that wud fuck it up for everyone!!) with all the triers in our town/state, and all the REST, ya know what a mean TA????:rolleyes2: :5masked:

Anyway, that would be good for peeps like me n you TA that could practically get this to happen iff the law were to legalise the prescribed use of MJ SENSI asa medical treatment..... wow that would be some

wonderfull stuff man....we would be:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Peace Ot everyone,

Thanks people for the info all,

UrBigBuddie...........:punk: :punk: :punk: :)

14. campogk

campogk Wandering... but not lost

its true

i'm a patient in california... have been for over a year now. as long as you have an illness for which marijuana provides relief, there are plenty of compassionate doctors who would be glad to write you a recommendation. once you have your rec, you get a card as well with your picture and info. this card, along with your rec give you access to more than 70 registered cannabis clubs statewide. prop 215 (the law that put all these rules in place) also calls for counties to set limits for the amount of dried buds and live plants they can have. for example, i'm allowed to have 12 immature AND 6 matures plants along with 8 ounces of dried buds. anything above that would be subject to police seizure but hopefully that situation doesn't arise. it's definately a step in the right direction, as medical cannabis is usually safe and affordable. no more messing with dealers on the street! safe, reasonable access is the way forward for america!!

oh and legalize hemp too

peace

15. gotitfromanegro

gotitfromanegro Veggy Stage

It is very true

I'm a medical patient in california and it is the most civilized way to do it. Again as other have said it is a state law, so it is legal in the state but still illegal on fgederal basis. Unless you are some bif time illegal weed dealer the authorities are not tripping. Every county in the state ha s different regulations, for example in Oakland you can have 32 plants, while in la one can only have six. Crazy but true. But thr it is wonderful. You walk it to disepensaries that have menus of buds like amestardam as well ytou can but clones. That's Right , Often ready to just flower up . They generally run between 20 and 35 bucks.

16. Randy High

Hey Guys!

First off I'm happy to welcome you two; gotitfromanegro and campogk.

I know what you guys mean. I was tripped out when I went to the Berkely coop. Bud, seeds, plants, hash, cake oil, capsules and so on plus a smoke room!

BTW I have an anxiety disorder that weed takes care of better then Prozac.

We all need to be aware we still can be under surveillance nonetheless.

I figure I am here in this county.. They banned all medical shops for an undetermined period of time and fought the card.

Plus got all Dr's to agree not to issue any new recommendations.

You can say the political environment here is any use is abuse.

17. strawberry.cough

strawberry.cough looking into the abyss

legal in the northeast

I am legal, if there is such a thing, since the feds say they supercede everything. I live where an oral agreement is acceptable, and there are no co-ops, so you can grow, but not much. You can only hold 1.25 oz, 6 plants total, only 3 mature per patient. Now if caught you have to be prepared to proved you have the proper authorization. Paper work, doctors willing to say they recommended it, and documentation of how much you grow and for whom. The medical issues eligible aren't very many. And even though the voters wanted the law, doctors can still lose their licenses for recommending it's use.:icon_confused:

I am growing for myself and my best friend, bossom buddy & life long friend... high school sweetheart, and partner in crime since 1974.:love4: I have glaucoma, hypertension w/ kidney disease, and defects of character. My sweetie has PTSD, anxiety, and a neurological disorder.:qbluewacko:

I try to grow mostly head buzzs, with a heavy snoozer for rough nights. Have grown outside for several years, but to far north to do much of anything. Decided to go hydro so we were no longer at the mercy of capitalist :dickhead: s

My doctor told me to get a hobby. Gardening was suggested, so I took it and ran, to me that means we discussed it and I have the proper permissions :5propeller:

Looking forward to learning lots about growing good kind.

Alice

18. natemic

natemic Developed Alternating Nodes

i hate living in a state that hates bud, doesnt seem right. id love to be able to pick out some clones and go home with a little shopping bag full of plants, haha.

@strawberry.cough - this is the best place to learn how to grow the good stuff (i mean the motto is "cultivating good buds" how could you get any better?) so welcome, enjoy, and see you around the forums

19. Randy High

Here is a Toke to "defects of character"

LOL

Peace!