Any Suggestions??

Discussion in 'Pests and Plant Problems' started by IrishGirl, Sep 8, 2008.

1. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Excommunicated

These pictures were taken today after the lights had been on for about 11 hours into the 12/12 cycle. The lights are about 1 foot from the tops of the plants and the temperature is around 84 degrees. I am not sure about the humidity though. Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Air Circulation??

3. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

Looks like heat

temps are ok but I think MrA might have hit it.

is there a fan between the lights and the tops?

Looks like heat stress to me.

Humidity might be a factor, you could put a couple of bowls of water in the flowering space. the first pic looks like one of my plants, I attributed it to a "hot spot" from the light.

Good Luck.

Grat

4. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Excommunicated

Thanks

MrAstro and Gratitude for the suggestions. I do have one fan that oscillates in the room and another fan that just blows air straight on the plants. I will move the oscillating fan closer to the tops of the plants to see if that helps also. It might be the humidity though. I will put some bowls of water in the room to see if that works. Do you think that I should put a humidifier in the room? Thanks. IG

5. Gratitude

Gratitude Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

A humidifier would be more effective than bowls...

I said bowls, because I grow in a small cab, I know I can put a yogurt container of water in my veg chamber and boost the RH 5%. I have a couple in my flower side cause I'd be sitting at 40% with out.

If you are working with a room then it might take more to make an impact.

It can of course be over done causing conditions to be favorable for mold.

Best of luck

Grat

6. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

yeah i agree with all the above...notice the curling leaves plus the purple stems. the white spots do appear to be heat related. but the other issues could be humidity...is it dry in there? like less than 40-50%? that can cause nute/ph issues especially in root-bound plants and especially if the soil gets too dry too often. all just contributing to the problem if that were the case.

:pimp:

7. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Excommunicated

Thanks

I will try the bowls first because I don't want any mold issues. If that doesn't work I will check the humidity and possibly use a humidifier. I am also going to be transplanting them into bigger pots this weekend once I buy the bigger pots. It is pretty dry in the room. Thanks again. IG

8. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

Get a fan blowing right between the light and the canopy. Its better to use a fan that doesnt osillate.

9. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Excommunicated

Okay

I will move the fan and have it not oscillate. Thanks. IG

10. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

How far from the plants is the fan IG? Looks like wind burn and low RH to me.

11. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Excommunicated

The fan is like 2 feet from the plants. I still think that it might also be the RH but I will check to see what the RH is tomorrow and let you know. What should the RH be just asking. Thanks. IG

12. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

between 35-45% NO more than 60%. The fan I use for flower I have aiming right between the light and the canopy. However the fan does NOT blow on the plants. I have a small clip on fan I use for stem stimulation. A constant wind on the plants can give them wind burn.

13. Useless

50-60% RH if not using CO2.

Without CO2, I run 60-65% Rh until 2-3 weeks before harvest, then drop it down to 50-55%.

35% is way too low.

14. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Excommunicated

Okay

Maybe it is wind burn then since the fan is blowing on the plants. Or it could be low RH since it was 37%-41% yesterday. Should I put a humidifier in the room then? I have one. I just don't want to get any mold. Thanks so much Neon420 and Useless. IG

15. Useless

I would.

Depending on your set up and humidifier you will more than likely have to play with a timer to get the RH stable. Try for 55-60% rh.

16. IrishGirl

IrishGirl Excommunicated

By adding the humidifier would that help to lower the temperature? Thanks guys for all of your help. IG

17. Ettna

Ettna New Sprout

are purple stems bad? my plants entire stem is purple except for the trunk at the bottom:icon_confused:

18. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

humidity doesnt affect temp in any noticeable amount. unless ur using an a/c to coolio. the capacity of the system is decreased as humidity increases, due to the heat generated by the condensing moisture.

purple stems are k def, unless its a purpling strain but usually those turn purple durring flowering