Anyone watching the Republican Convention?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GreenThumb, Jul 19, 2016.

1. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

Anyone watching the Republican Convention?

So far I know of DemocracyNow.org and PBS are doing coverage.

I am into the second hour of DemovracyNow. PBS starts at 6PM I believe

The nomination of Donald Trump with Pence is quite the attraction.

Trump has adopted the slogan of "Law and Order Candidate."

Any other good coverage ?? Share!

I think this election cycle is way way outside the norm.

Oh Melania Trump is making a speech at the the RNC tonight. The possible next First Lady is a real looker isn't she. I understand the role the "First Lady" usually takes in a run for the White House is being done by Trump's adult children. Is she an empty head?

2. GreenThumb

Ohio is an open carry (GUN) State so everyone can walk around with riffles and hand guns but at RNC no Umbrellas will be allowed.

3. GreenThumb

I am hearing that many many Republicans are boycotting the RNC and also Corporate sponcership is down by the millions of dollars! Major donors are backing out on supporting Trump-Pence!

4. GreenThumb

It's now on YOUTUBE

5. GreenThumb

That Pastor Mark Burns is funny... Praise Jesus and shoot Democrats kind of prayer.

I'm now into the second half and it is still live I believe.

6. GreenThumb

The Captain Insane-O award goes to Ret. General Michael Flynn who tells us Isis has weapons of Mass-Destruction. I could not figure out what statements he was shouting went with any of the other statements he had shouted.

Paranoia, fear and the hate of Political Correctness with the Islam Boogieman not far from the vague references.

It's all about WAR WAR WAR!

Also funny is with Pence being a Governor who tried to discriminate against LGBTs' Trump played Freddy Mercury's "We are the Champions" (Queen) when he and his wife appeared. Out of the mist that is..

7. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

As was posted to me on FB..."Any political party that has fought the LGBT civil rights movement for decades should not be allowed to use a Freddie Mercury song at their convention."

Personally, I found the entire scene disgusting. Figure I'll feel the same way next week during the DNC when we will be told what an incredible human being the Hillary is and how she'll take down those vile Wall Streeters who wasted their tens of millions of influence dollars on Clinton speaking fees.

8. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

I watched it and did find myself using tissues when Mrs. Smith spoke about her son's death. As for the song, agree Res! Not to mention I wish Melania didn't use parts of Michelle's speech. Then I wonder how many parts of Michelle's was taken from post graduates speeches? I do think she would make a classy first lady considering she is beautiful, intelligent & speaks 5 languages.

I am sure the democratic convention will surely make me nauseous. Considering Hillary should have been indicted. I can't stomach people praising her. Are they fellow convicts?:roffl:

Guess we have to vote for the lesser of the 2 evils. :passsit:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2016
  9. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

I'm with mermaid on this, I do find it rather amuses the plagiarism accusations, specially on the those lines, which have been repeated so many times in so many different aspects.

But........we're not supposed to talk about that anymore, dems are changing talking points after minutes and minutes of Obamas speeches came from others, specially considering what he plagiarized wasn't common sayings or stories.

Uh oh, they just released clips of hillary speeches too.

But hey, it made a great story for 12 hours right.

That glass home must be pretty strong

Gods we need the zombie apocalypse.

Age of information my ass, our society is dumber than ever

Mermaid likes this.
  10. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

I thought it was funny when Trump said he helped get the convention in OH and it was already decided in 2004. LOL

Mermaid likes this.
  11. GreenThumb

Did you hear the audio overlay of Mrs Trump and Mrs Obama.. Last half Identical in words, speech and everything. It was like they were saying it together.. Blew my mind on NPR this morning.. More than just using some of the words!! Way more. It is the Democrat's stuff to boot :) how funny.

But why? Is she an empty head after all?

The RNC platform is against same sex marriage and bathroom rights for transgender so yes Freddy Mercury music is a strange hat for the RNC .

Mermaid likes this.
  12. GreenThumb

Queen (band) tweeted they said no to request to use their music at RNC. Use was unauthorized.

Trump Campaign admits to plagiarism of Mrs Obama's speech. They say no speech writer wrote it but a ballerina friend wrote it and no one checked it before Mrs Trump went on. They had said previously it was inspired by the film "My Little Pony." Also they have said this was Hillary Clinton's doing. Somehow Clinton made the Plagiarism happen.

13. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

Is anyone else watching Cruz? I think he's still on his "stump speech" not to mention the constant preaching. He makes my head hurt! :BangHead:

As for Melania, apparently Michelle Obama also copied that in her speech. Not sure about the Hillary claim. Although I wouldn't put anything past her...haha

Please stop speaking Cruz, ugh he really is draining to listen to. Total buzz kill!

14. GreenThumb

Ted Cruz gets bums rush as he tries to finish speaking. Trump causes supporters to shout Trump, Trump Trump as Cruz is trying to finish his speech.

Trump's third child with Ivana sounds like he is running for President.

15. GreenThumb

Really? I'd like to read that about Obama copying. I haven't seen anything. Link please.

16. GreenThumb

How funny.. Trump's Son just said Trump said he would only run for President if it was really necessary because things were really bad but PBS News hour has a different story

"For years, talking about running for the presidency has been somewhat of a hobby for Donald Trump. The first time was in 1987, when, instead of buying ad space to promote his new book, he gave speeches hinting at the possibility of a run. In 1999, he suggested to Larry King that Oprah Winfrey would be his first choice for a vice president."

17. GreenThumb

Isn't Trump against raising Social Security or a $15 an hour minimum wage? Trump's Son says Trump is running for

those on Disability, underemployed and unemployed.

18. GreenThumb

I always think of a troll under a bridge when I see Newt Gingrich.

19. Mermaid

Mermaid ~Sea Of Green~

She apparently copied from Saul Alinsky...

It was from Breitbart. I tried to copy link but it didn't work??

Let me figure out how to get the complete story for you.

20. GreenThumb

Oh Newt why is it the Republicans in Congress refuse to actually declare war?

Did Newt just allude to Isis having Nuclear weapons? ( another Weapons of mass-destruction statement) So far Newt gets the Capt Insane-O award.