are bushes better??

Discussion in 'Advanced Cultivation' started by uncle_bobo, Sep 29, 2008.

1. uncle_bobo

uncle_bobo Germinated

hey im a slightly experienced grower with a couple harvests under my belt, but ive always been interested in growing using the bush technique.

any advice is strongly appreciated.

2. NeonLights

NeonLights Excommunicated

Super crop and LST will give you the most bang for the buck. IMO

3. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Please disreguard any info from neon...he grow's tree's and THEN wonder's how to fit them in! :kidding:

Has it poked thru the LR floor yet?! :rofl6:

Seriously though...what neon said.

4. uncle_bobo

uncle_bobo Germinated

right now ive got a really easy set up, two 4' flr light fixtures hanging in a room about 5'x3.5'x4'. only got 2 plants in there right now, kind of a trial and error thing, so im lookin for new methods to decrease time and increase yeild.

5. choker

choker HIDING OUT

Ya got that right. I cannot see doing it any other way.

6. SMARMY

SMARMY Cuban Bee

Toss the floros and get yourself an hps

7. uncle_bobo

uncle_bobo Germinated

what wattage do think would be recomended for the size of y room, and maybe 10-12 plants for the next potential grow? price may be somewhat of an issue by the way...

8. uncle_bobo

uncle_bobo Germinated

also a confirmed method of training would be appreciated as well.

9. Green Goblin

Green Goblin Cannabis Connoisseur

if it were me id toss in a 600 in an air cooled hood, n set up either a 4x4 flood table or 2 2x4s and do it sog style, but the other "confirmed" methods deserve a thought as well. :pimp:

10. budbox

budbox workin things out

lst

ive had experiences with cramped spaces when i was younger and i found that the lst method of tying your plants down worked verry well and kept the plant from getting too tall just making it really really bushy. so if i were you i fould find a good female and clone off that because from my experience ive found that the clones r easier to train and mine tended to grow bushier. probbally due to alternating nodes. as for what you grow it in im leaving that up to u soil is fine and hempy is prolly the easiest hydro that u can do. belive me tho once u have ur nutes dialed in the plants will take off. :love4: happiness almost guarenteed so i would sugust the hempy because it is really easy affordable and works great. and as for the lights u r guna want more so u get some real dence bush so a 600 hps will do u wonderfull but if u want to stick to the flouresents then i would make a set up with a bunck of 40 watt ones and keep them vented well so they can stay around 4 inches from the tops. because that method worked wonders for me but agian its all up to u so i hope my advice helped:suave: haha i went a lil overboard but im feelin good aha my name is **** hahah

11. snickelfritz

snickelfritz Weed College Hall Monitor

12. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

I'm a big fan of LST (See Snick's link above).

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know you all have seen that picture before, but it's one of my favorites and I like to show off. :)

13. HeadCase

HeadCase Old Prick

Yea that is one nice White-Widow-Bud

14. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I prefer no bush :smokin:

[​IMG]

15. sectguitar

sectguitar Guest

16. sectguitar

sectguitar Guest

154 bfdhg iu57 64egnm 457nm w546a48-***#!2wsffffr4++==>>>>>>sdg<

17. HappyHappyHighGuy

HappyHappyHighGuy dreamer and misfit

I'm currently using the Dr.Bud method with Hempy style cups.

There are pros and cons to every style of growing. You can grow a few bushy plants or lots of smaller plants. You just have to find which method works best for your needs. I switched to SOG because of a small growspace and I to have several varieties growing.

18. Cobia

Cobia Germinating

I only like "bush" on my plants too. :)

19. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

What are the diamentions of your room? Is height an issue? LST works great but if you have a spare space to keep moms then a 600 and SOG will produce the most. And you can harvest every few weeks!

20. UrBigBuddie

UrBigBuddie MEDI-GROWER

AGREE'D!!! Get an HPS System (Lighting)

WORD^^^^^

Just as SMARMY ARMY said, ge rid of the floros, dont matter how many, get yourself purchasing an HPS light, at about 400 watts or a 600 watter, all depending on your Intake on AIRATION and OUTAKE, Unless you got a "Big Ass space" for growing!:smokin:

Get an HPS, they'l Get ya way Closer to what ya wish for, in yeild and Time, iff Anything will, anm HPS will.... :wink: (get srait Into the HPS lighting and witness a COMPLETE difference!)

Peace,

UrBigBuddie.......... :pimp: :potleaf: