AUMA ( legalization in California )

Discussion in 'Politics' started by GreenThumb, Apr 29, 2016.

1. GreenThumb

GreenThumb How to Delete account?

I was thinking about how things will be when it's legal. I wonder if there will be less weed-crime if anyone can grow their own or simply go to a store and buy some. I mean why bother with a robbery and potential prison/felony when we can simply buy some.

I wouldn't want to go to jail or risk my life over weed. Still I would say that there will always be someone who steals for income so that would be a motive. Those kind of folks are going to be what they are no mater what. In those cases larger amounts probably will be the target so that might be commercial grows maybe? I mean why bother for an ounce or two unless it's like a theft by someone who knows you and simply wants to take your stash. People are going to do what people do. I just don't see an increase in home-invasion or gun violence. After all we growers can only own black powder guns in California not regular guns.

On another note anyone know how long it takes to validate signatures? I'm chomping at the bit waiting!

I think I will want to do a day a week registering people to vote once there is a green light on the initiative. I hope I can motivate myself to do that.

2. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

[quote=ResinRubber;n912395.....

Blazer....hope you don't stop. It'd be a waste of talent old head.

Thanks man, I got some irons in the fire....as usual. I think I have to find a way to stabilize that fem cross I made. Stuff hermed but it is straight fire, it puts my cheese krush to shame. Working on that atm.

3. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

There will always be rippers, regardless if weed is legal or not. Anyone that grows outside has a love/hate relationship with growing when those buds start swelling. You're on edge for the duration.

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

And greenthumb, don't hold your breath waiting for those auma signatures to get validated. Very highly unlikely it's going to happen because of the number of signatures gathered will not hold up to the light of day. A very large percentage will be declared invalid, you'll see. AUMA is dead. if I were a betting man, I'd say that Ca is not going to get anything passed this year, too much infighting going on.

5. GreenThumb

6. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

7. GreenThumb

Yes I did but I admit I have more to learn about what is happening.

I believe this is the random sample litmus test to determine if a full count can be done.

Naturally there are counties like Stanislaus, whoa wait some people got 4,424 signatures.. I worked this county twice and that is damn good for this hick county. I did not work it this time.

ALPINE county population 15,000, well expect that from them.

CALAVERAS county has done exceptional given that I know the people and the County well. Lots of folks up there hoping for a Green Industry.

MERCED is a Hispanic dominate county so we can expect that vote down from Catholics on Weed still that is good. Reflects Stanislaus stats.

SAN JOAQUIN Has a larger African American demographic, a larger population in general and more good paying jobs so these numbers look okay to me.

TUOLUMNE I can understand the low count here. I lived in TUOLUMNE county many years and it's really hard to be poor up there so a majority of the people vote no to any threat to what they have including poor people.

Correct me if I am wrong but the random sample phase is in progress. If it passes that then a full count will be done.

It would seem incomplete to quote a percentage at this time however for the samples in so far add up to being below the threshold.

We shall see. Exciting!

Edit : Look at the other initiatives, they look about the same at this time except the plastic bag one where Alpine and other "pristine" environs are sampling at 100%

It may be early to assume a result. We shall see.

Edit 2c:

A quote

Eight states do random sample checks. They check between two and 10 percent of the names submitted. If the outcome of the check is favorable, no other checks are required. If the random sample fails, a full check may be executed if time permits. In California, for example, the celebrated school voucher initiative was denied ballot access in 1994 because it failed the random sample test but was placed on the subsequent ballot after a full-check deemed it sufficient.

So even if a random check fails we may still count them all given time and time is on AUMA side as far as I can tell.

8. GreenThumb

does anyone here have a good insight to share about this random sample process historically?

9. GreenThumb

So as it is after a toke one can get a flash of obvious one was blind to before. A I wrong?

With AUMA with what i think I understood we will be expected to pay tax on the bud and leaf. I don't recall any distinction between home grows and commercial. This is where fact check comes in does the tax apply to home grows too.

If it does then the cottage industry of small illegal grows will not only survive but prosper under AUMA. It will allow those who face IRS and State Tax Franchise fines to provide competitively priced produce metered at local pricing opportunities.

I welcome a saner read and comment.

10. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

I just heard on the news that it's going to be on the ballot.

11. GreenThumb

Passed Random Sample phase.

Locally in Stanislaus county the anti-weed pro-Trumps are livid with the decline in Trump and the riser of legalization.

I am not making that up.

12. GreenThumb

COUNT DOWN TO CANNABIS FREEDOM IN CALIFORNIA!A

IF YOU VOTE YES AND ALL YOUR FRIENDS VOTE YES!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  13. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

What in the world do those have to do with each other?

And you know you are killing small farmers by supporting this right? Do you even care?

Btw....you do know those evil republicans lawmakers actual support medical, almost all will tell you that they don't in there state because it's federally illegal....which is contr9lled by dems. Like I'm sure you'll praise Obama when he reschedules it....but for 7 + years he ruined lives with his policy.

You sound like a fanatic, you really do, every post you show hate towards half this country....and you support policies that harm the little guys

14. GreenThumb

15. GreenThumb

All of you out there need to fight for Cannabis freedom in your State!.

16. OldSmokey

OldSmokey Registered Users

Looks like there are a lot of folks willing to pay big bucks for just a chance to join the "free market." Something about that doesn't sound quite right.

Will I need to pay big bucks for what I can do now for the cost of an annual doctor visit? I'm guessing so.

I'm not thrilled.

Sounds a lot like Calaveras County government is low on cash.

OS

17. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

$5K nonrefundable just to apply? It's a shake down is what it is. I'd pay it just because I'm not going to stop what I do and it's still less than the legal costs of getting popped. But let's not kid each other, $5K for an application fee for a license you may not get is simply another government shake down.

18. GreenThumb

Realize that Stanislaus, Calaveras and Tuolumne counties are red counties with a long history of rabid anti-marijuana politics. The religious base alone are huge factors in how government operates from my observations over the decades.

As for Calaveras county needing money I would say property owners are rather happy their taxes will not go up if marijuana is legalized and business' flourish.

On the note of business, one needs a license no matter what in the legal sense. Calaveras county is having the appropriate regulatory agencies sign off on grows. Meaning electric, water, location, zoning, environmental concerns and the health and safety issues are being paid for with the fees.

Come on up and party at Tulloch lake then cruse on up to Angels Camp and have a look around. Excellent areas to grow due to lack of city lights and isolated ranches. I would move there in a heartbeat if I could afford to live there.

As to medical fees I am rather sure proposition number doesn't change the Medical stuff. It does allow Medical to opt out of the Tax on Weed I have read. We must now get the Medical Sellers to honor all recommendations not just ones issued within a year. I think with healthy competition in the marketplace that sellers will do all they can to get repeat customers including low prices.

At this point we really need as many producers as we can get ready to go in November. We also need start-up sales locations. That means Smoke-Shops are now solid gold!

So now if these things come to pass our next conflict to go after is Employers firing people for testing positive for weed.

Think about this and dare speak the words! Will Ye be free men or slaves?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  19. GreenThumb

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  20. GreenThumb

I am thinking that most people's lives are directly influenced by Banks. More than likely the source of all economic misery.

Realize that at the moment no Cannabis money can flow directly in to Federally controlled Banks; that means local Grow local Sow.

Think about that as economic recovery.

Getting Green in California has more than two meanings!