Back at it again

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by Grown in Tx., Aug 10, 2016.

1. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

What's up GK fam? I've got the grow room fired up and going again. I'm gonna be tearing down the tables and going back to rdwc buckets till I get set up for dirt. Starting it off with the last of my PPP and white rhino beans. I had 2 beans of each left.
    I took a break from the frustration of the whole thing, Pests, timer malfunctions, worn out pumps and bulbs, roof leaks. man I was done! But after a good break from the action, I'm ready again. I still have some maintenance to do out there but, I'm about to switch the lights to flower in a few days.

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Cool deal, back in the saddel again. Now with the new site, it will be easier to post pics.

What was the PPP stain?

3. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

pure power plant ?

Grown in Tx. likes this.
  4. Grown in Tx.

Pure power plant

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I'll be pulling up a chair.

6. Justcheckingitout

I am a big fan of DWC, i was going to try the pump but the results with dwc are almost unreal. Just courious if the pump is really effective when the roots fill up the res?

7. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I have a personal friend who grows DWC.
    He said the bucket we be full of roots by the end of flowering. He veggs for three weeks in the bucket and flowers the rest of the time in the bucket. It depends on the strain your growing. Some strains can grow longer in the bucket some you can't without getting the plant root bound. That's what I hear from him.

8. Grown in Tx.

I used the pump mostly during veg, the roots are down in the nutes by the time the flower cycle hits. Never had a root bound issue in buckets. I never really had any big issues with rdwc, I grew some monsters in totes but I remember the buckets to be easier changing out nutes and such. I never could get the plants to grow and produce in the tables like with rdwc.

9. Justcheckingitout

Yeah my dwc totes never got root bound, they were more rectangular, produced so much bud, I had too much if that's believable. I had to use everything I could find to put in, coffie cans, picke jars, spegitti jars, the restaurant sized mayo jars (they hold like a QP each).

Grown in Tx. likes this.
  10. Grown in Tx.

That's what i remember about buckets, more weight per plant and fewer probs. Yeah, I've got to mess with buckets weekly but the results......worth it

11. mytwhyt

mytwhyt Established Healthy Roots

12. Grown in Tx.

Not sure if the pics are still around here but, I had a 5 bucket system with 4 plants and the 5th was a res. all I had to do was drain the the 5th bucket when changing the nutes.
    With totes I grew some 4 foot monsters that didn't make through my extended vacation a few years back. 4 big plants would suck up 10 gallons in a few days. That was a heart breaker.
    Tubs were a bit more of a pain changing nutes and such. Excellent results though

13. SuperMoChombo

SuperMoChombo Well-Known Member

Yo GIT, what's happening?

My experience is that DWC growing produces the fastest growth, but you pay for that with extra complication. First, more shit to clean each round. Second, with roots immersed, the PH, temp and o2 content of the nutrient solution, plus PPM / EC become critical. If you have a touchy strain, you can go from bomb to bust pretty quick.

But the growth rate is amazing. The yield insane. If I was a hobbyist or had an army of oompa loompas to do the grunt work, I'd go back to RDWC. CC did some threads where he followed his growth rate with pics, and people accused him of WITCHCRAFT

14. Justcheckingitout

DWC, my fav.