BC and DBC REDUX

Discussion in 'Grow Log Forum' started by Bigbud214, Sep 22, 2011.

1. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Gonna try this again... 5 BC and 6 DBC beans have been put into moist paper towels to germ. the paper towels were folded and put into a plastic baggie. The Baggie was placed between 2 plates and put on top of my /V receiver... Lets hope I dont destroy these premium beans...

Rollinbonz likes this.
  2. Tony Aroma

Tony Aroma Let's Go - Two Smokes!

For those of us not in the know (or just me), what is BC and DBC?

3. Bigbud214

Sorry Tony....

this is my second attempt at FUSION's Blue Chocolate(BC)

and Death By Chocolate(DBC). I f you recall I had 100% germination rate on my first attempt. But only 1 BC and 2 DBC have survived. You commented on my choc-a-holics grow.

4. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Good luck on round 2! :popcorn-2:

Peace......

5. Rollinbonz

Rollinbonz Baptised By Satan

I know things will turn out better this time for ya BB :thumbs-up::popcorn-2:

Good luck and vibes...You'll do them justice this time around :thumbs-up::thumbs-up:

P.S. no pressure :thumbs-up::roffl:

:passsit:

6. Tony Aroma

D'oh! Yes, I did. My wife is always telling me I don't pay attention and don't remember things she tells me. Or something like that. I don't know, I'm usually not listening.

7. Bigbud214

dlr

Thanks man I need the support... feel like an ass but hey I wont let that happen again.

Rollin

I damn sure will do them justice. I have some very talented growers doing the same strain. I cant let that stumble on the first go deter me. And I still may end up with a stunner from the 1st go. I have 3 that survived lol.

Tony

Its all good my man no need to pay attention here. Just keep checkin in once and awhile lol

8. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I guess I missed it. What happened the first time?

9. Bigbud214

10. Bigbud214

so the remaining beans have all popped. Yes that is 100% germination rate again. So out of 10 Blue Chocolate and 13 Death by Chocolate every bean germinated. now hopefully i wont kill them like last time. I planted them today in rapid rooters and placed them in a tray... Lets hope the sprout.

11. Bigbud214

I dont f'n believe this

So I planted the popped beans on the 25th, its 4 days later. Not a single one has sprouted. Not a single sign of growth at all. This may be the end of this thread unfortunately.

I did order a pack of Blue Chocolate from Sannie's today. Strange thing I wasnt offered any freebies? Do they have a minimum order amount before the freebies kick in? Just curious I dont deserve any free beans at this point. I cant get anything to grow.

That being said I started my last Reserva Privada OG Kush fem bean, the last Attitude freebie I received from my very first seed order, That is a Royal Queen Amnesia Haze fem. Also started 5 Pre98 Bubba x Oriental Express beans Hula was gracious to have me test. Maybe i can fix this stupid shit luck.

12. Tony Aroma

That's a real bummer!

Did you use the same technique of keeping them soaking and sealed up in a humidity dome after they germinated? Or did you try something different this time?

13. Bigbud214

Nope the RRs were significantly less wet more of a just moist like they are right out of the package. Maybe a hair moister. I widened the holes on the RRs with a pen, and also split them before placing the seed in. then just into the tray. no dome this time.

14. silasraven

silasraven Germinating

whats your temp,humidity?

15. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

I always take my seeds and put them straight into dirt and then let them do their thing. No paper towels, peat pots, etc. I want it to be survival of the fittest and don't want to grow something that I had to molly coddle to get to sprout.

I must say, however, that would all probably change if I actually paid for the seeds, which I never have. I have been eyeing the Fusion stuff though and am seriously considering purchasing some.

I still don't understand what happened to the last seeds you sprouted either, I went back and read the thread and still don't get it.

16. Bigbud214

ambient temp is 74 dont check humidity as they are unsurfaced, planted beans in a tray with a dome. I imagine humidity is high seeing everything is moist the RRs anyway. they arent drying ou and arent overly wet. So no clue.....

I am honestly thinking it has to do with this "out of the box" thinking.

I took the germinated seeds from the paper towels on days when I had severe flu symptoms. Both times I planted the beans I had a fever exceeding 101-102. Is it possible I passed on a viral pathogen that attcacked the seedsand vulnerable tap roots? I know sound crazy but I wasnt on antibiotics. I have no health ins so no Drs visit to get a script.

Otherwise I DO NOT KNOW. lol

So is back to theway poped beans everytime before with no issues.

17. hupla

hupla cooking dinner

i'd say,,,to humid and 2 hot.

greets,

Hup

18. Bigbud214

Thanks Hup

74 is too hot? what temps should I look for when sprouting seeds?

PS. THIS THREAD IS NOW DEAD. Zero sprouted and been a week. PULLING THE LUG ON THIS ONE. Dont gorget to check on the Three from attempt one.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for all advice and comments.

19. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Before you pack in the towel pull apart one of the RR and see what it looks like.

I would think 74 would fine for a temp but I wont argue with someone who bred them.

What exactly are you doing with beans? I dont understand what you are doing with the plates...sorry super stoned right now, but it seems everything would legit that you did but the plates.

Yea i may reread your posts tomorrow and it may perfect sense but yea, been hitting the bho soo you know

20. Bigbud214

I heard of people using plates so i tried it. I just went back to moist paper towels, baggies into a dark cabinet