BHO from Pure Power Plant

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by friendlyfarmer, Mar 23, 2012.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

This was my second try this week. As a disclaimer, this is dangerous as hell because butane explodes if you look at it funny, and you are using a lot of it. We did it in a garage with the door opened up a few feet, and the side door open. You could feel a breeze on your feet. If you try this, and you should, BE FUCKING CAREFUL. Research it a lot before you do it.

I was trying to follow Resin Rubber's video example, and have read a ton of threads on this. The weed we used was marginal quality trimming from PPP, and it was a little wet, so oven dried. I got the wrong flashlight :bravo: so had to improvise

First we cut the end of the mag light off, because it had a plastic switch in the side - no good for butane.

[​IMG]

We were then left with a solid tube, about 12-14" long, with a screw end cap. We drilled a hole in the end cap to receive the butane adapter. Failing to find an inexpensive bench top vise such as used by RR, we looked for an alternative and found a few plastic crates laying around, and drilled out a hole in the middle of one to drop the tube through and suspend above the pyrex dish.

[​IMG]

We stretched a double layer of paper coffee filter across the cut-off end of the tube and secured it with a hose clamp. We then stuffed the tube with weed, gathered our ingredients, and had a beer.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We put the right nozzle adapter in the hole in the end cap, and set the Pyrex dish on the top of one crate. We then put the tube through the hole in the top crate, and secured another hose clamp to the tube so that it could not fall back down through the hole. We then set the crate with the tube through it on top of the bottom crate and dish, making sure the dish would catch the runoff from the tube, and pushed the butane through. Two cans of Vector.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The tube gets cold! This is after two cans.

[​IMG]

The butane runs out the bottom of the tube and collects in the pyrex dish. After the cans expire, and the butane stops dripping out of the bottom of the tube, we put the dish of liquid butane into a larger dish of hot tap water. we didn't measure the actual temps of the water, but I'm guessing it was about 100 - 110 degrees F. A few seconds into the bath, the butane starts to boil.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After about 15 minutes the butane all boils off and you are left with this. During the last few minutes, when the liquid became a bit viscous, like maple syrup, we dipped a few buds in, and some we dipped 2X.

[​IMG]

It's like runny roofing tar, and in the small quantity we got, a royal PITA to handle and smoke unless infused on buds. But smoke it we did and :fireworks: I had to actually sit down!

BHO :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's one reason why the coffee filter method isn't the best - look at the wasted oil!

[​IMG]

Here's a double dipped BHO infused PPP bud.

[​IMG]

If you guys haven't tried this, I highly recommend it (taking the proper safety precautions).

:jj:

TheApprentice and ResinRubber like this.
  2. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

:5obsessed: fucking A... I wanna smoke that stuff:passsit:

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:thumbsup: spins the room don't it?

4. friendlyfarmer

I was really surprised. I've been a daily smoker for years and wasn't sure if BHO would live up to the hype. It does. The PPP I'm running is a pretty even mix of sativa and indica, so the trichs aren't fat headed and we were using marginal trim (lots of immature shaded buds) that wasn't even dry, and the first hit made my whole body feel loose like it was coming apart at the joints loose, and at the same time I had an incredible tunnel vision trippy head high. Tingly wobbly. And for hours the body high remained noticeable for hours. Even after smoking weed all night I haven't been that high in years. Can't wait to try it with some quality indica nuggs, and try my hand at budder.

Any of you GKers not already on the BHO bandwagon, you gotta try it. It's easy if you are safe, and the oil is off the charts. CC, man you were talking about making hash? Well if I can do it.....

Thanks to you brother RR for leading the way and making me think it could be done! :not-worthy

5. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Retired.

Excellent.

Good stuff FF:thumbsup: Looks fucking delicious man.That bud dipped in the resin looks lush:eusa_drool:

6. friendlyfarmer

second round for this stuff

This is what I got after taking all nice frosty buds below the trellis, drying them completely, then freezing them and stuffing as many in the tube as possible. Didn't weigh the buds going in, but I'd guess about 2 oz. Pushed two cans of vector. Dipped some buds, and got a more frothy tar, but still really hard to handle. I did what I think Rasganjah did. Somewhat waxy but the instant you touch it with fingers, sticks like GLUE.

After the run, I looked inside the tube at the bud and I can still see trichs all over the place! I might put another can of vector through.

The last pic was after the first hit of that that square of wax, which I had laying on a bed of bud. MMMMMMMMM!!:thumbs-up::thumbsup:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. that gringo

i love the last pic, its like the cheese melting on a burger...fucking amazing...these two things belong together:redbong:

8. ResinRubber

9. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Change filter to fine steel wool.

10. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

Is that a little cup of kief I see there?

'

11. friendlyfarmer

Yes it is. Hard to tell which is better. I think the BHO is more concentrated.

12. AlienBait

AlienBait Custom User Title

You've already dipped your buds in BHO. Now that it's sticky, roll it around in the Kief. :thumbsup:

13. that gringo

oh shit...thats sounds amazing:thumbsup:

14. ResinRubber

:redbong:

15. friendlyfarmer

:coolbounce:

I smoke daily, pretty much all day. I've been smoking nothing but PPP for ?? months, and chew through my stash like a termite. Hey, its sat dom. No couch lock from this for me. So I toke till I'm cross-eyed.

The wax flake on the bud is true one hit shit tho. It's trippy, and I almost can't breathe for a few minutes after one hit, and I then am just stoned as all fuck, eyes red and swollen almost shut, can't navigate basic maneuvers like putting keys into locks :roffl: Seeing things outta the corner of my eye

:-welcome-: to the big time

AB I thought of that, or making a sushi roll outta bud and BHO in some state, crusted with kief "roe" :eusa_eh:

16. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

I've never made BHO before but I have watched Rick Simpsons video on how he uses MEK to extract his oils. One thing I noticed is that he uses a few drops of water near the end of the process. I believe he does this so that the H2o will pull an residual solvent from the oil. IF that's the case then it perhaps it may help purge your BHO as well. Has anyone tried this with BHO or am I comparing apples to oranges here because of the different solvents involved?

After reading this thread I'm temped to liquify a chunk of bubble hash & see what I end up with. Perhaps our own Farmer would give it a try with his little cup of kief. :idea: 10 to 1 he's got some MEK close at hand.....

Duc

17. ducrider

Yeah, I feel your pain.:roffl::roffl:

18. friendlyfarmer

Damn dude clean that fuckin bong! :roffl:

I can't believe I posted a pic of that thing. Look at it! YECH :danger:

:rofl6:

19. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I also just recently made my first BHO. I definatly think it is more potent then the bubble bag hash. Next I am going to try filling the tube with hash and running the butain through to try to make a larger quantity of BHO.

20. ducrider

I tried somthing similar & found that the tane had very little effect on the bubble hash. All it did was make it look like very clumpy gravy. I'd suggest only using a little bit of has as a test run before comitting to using a large portion of hash & possibly wasting it.

Interested in your results though :thumbsup:

Duc