Bloom Onyx LED

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by Mrgreengenes, Jan 27, 2015.

1. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

What's the R factor on that stuff?

2. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Looking forward to seeing the Onyx in your hands....

3. DXE

DXE Moderator

Rumor has it Mr Greenjeans just had a delivery of some ONYX blooms.........

Must be like a kid at Xmas......

4. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Home Depot has this stuff listed as a radiant barrier & doesn't mention anything about R-ratings so I'm assuming it's R value is close to nill.

That said, HVAC contractors us the same or similar stuff to wrap trunk lines in unconditioned spaces so it must have some insulating value.. Just guessing here but I'd say R-4 or 5 would be pushing it...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Reflectix-24-in-x-100-ft-Double-Reflective-Insulation-BP24100/202851855#specifications

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Yes I did. :thumbsup:

6. DXE

DXE Moderator

Pictures????

7. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

I'm pretty sure mine said 3.5 with a 3/4 inch air pocket. So if you shim it out 3/4 inches works best. Directly against a solid surface will reduce it some. The reflective properties were the biggest reason I got it.

Be Cool, CG

8. Mrgreengenes

dxe, pictures to come.:thumbsup: I have to run out to lowes for some longer screws. I plugged all three up and ran them for 5 minutes. Nice and Quite and no problems. Man are they bright! I'll try and get some pictures up by this weekend. :redbong:

9. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

So what strain/'s will be going under the onyx?

10. Mrgreengenes

I will probably be flowering Girl Scout cookie under that. :redbong:

11. Mrgreengenes

Leds are up and running.

image.jpg

/monthly_2015_02/image.jpg.85738c93c3fae98b6d7224e2a4758b0e.jpg

12. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

A side note about the onyx lights - yesterday I took a bunch down and re-hung them after moving stuff around. When I plugged the lights back into the power supplies and threw the switch, two out of 10 that were supposed to fire didn't. After a frustrating half hour of testing with this light and that power supply, etc, I discovered that there are two different light wire plugs. Some power supplies have one type, some have the other and they are not compatible even though they look almost identical to the eye from a foot away. But when you look closely you can see the numbering on the pin holes is different from one to the next, and also the pin holes alignment is different. You can force the wrong plug in but it won't fire the light. Once I figured that out, I got em all on again.

Also Rapid told me the light runs cooler without the plastic backing (which rubs against the fan on half of my units anyway). So if you have issues with the lights shutting off from heat override it's something to consider.

13. ducrider

ducrider growing your mamas weed

Good to know FF. I'll be placing an order for 6-8 lights in the next month or so and will be sure to ask about making sure all come with the same style of plug. :thumbs-up:

14. Mrgreengenes

So far I have no complaints although they've only been running for 24 hours. All three are very quiet they do put a little bit of heat, my room temperatures dropped from 77 to 73 so I was able to turn my exhaust fan down which will save me more energy/money. They are extremely bright though.

image.jpg

/monthly_2015_02/image.jpg.68749a05d17d2c70300eec26d86313d3.jpg

15. Mrgreengenes

The girls.

image.jpg

/monthly_2015_02/image.jpg.f5529373b2fc70d3682925f918e21f73.jpg

16. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Looking good mrGreenjeans

17. Mrgreengenes

Just finished removing some fan leaves

image.jpg

/monthly_2015_02/image.jpg.ccdce600a71da44dd8bee7d03325431a.jpg

18. DXE

DXE Moderator

GJ

Have you seen anything in the growth that tells you how the girls are reacting after 24 hours ??

I know I just flipped some Sour Diesel and and a Jilia and have considerable new growth after 24 hours under the LED.

19. Mrgreengenes

Dxe I noticed the same thing, a lot of new growth! :redbong:

20. Mrgreengenes

Today

They seem happy this morning.

The back 4 are GSC, the first 2 left front are Woody Grand Daddy Purple, Third plant in line is Dabney and last plant is Jila from Useless.

[​IMG]