Bloom Onyx LED

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by Mrgreengenes, Jan 27, 2015.

1. DXE

DXE Moderator

Looks like you got pretty good covereage there from the lights too

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

The new growth under the leds is amazing. I got some blue hash that exploded in flower after two weeks switched with led and already has bud sights all over the plant. I still need to figure out nute mixs alittle more. The plants can use more but i dont want to over do it. I am sure Mr G you will have fun playing around with your mixes. Its cool having new toys to play with isnt it?:coolbounce:

plants look nice,

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Refresh me on the Woody's GDP. Everybody loves a good back story.

4. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

The plants really love being under the LEDs. New growth explodes

5. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

Here you go Res.

Woodys GDP is a strain that was developed in Northern California as a commercialized version of the Purple Eurkle that increased volume of the plant. It stays short and stalky and it is recommended to not top the plant to maximize yield unless it is grown outdoors. It is perfect for sea of green but also works well in soil and other mediums. The original seeds were acquired from a farmer named Woody who resides in Grass Valley, California.

• Strain Type: Indica
    • Genetics: Purple Urkle x Big Bud
    • Height: Medium
    • Flowering Time: Medium
    • THC Content: High

6. Mrgreengenes

Heres a shot before defoliation and one after.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. DXE

DXE Moderator

dumb question from a dirt farmer - whats in the pots?? What gives the plants root structure strength??

What do you feed them and how often do you fill them up or water or whatever you do to them

:)

I said it was a dumb question(s)

8. Mrgreengenes

:roffl:

No problem dxe. I use straight perlight The course grade works best, the roots just fill it up and hold it all together. I'm looking for some olds pics of the roots pulled out of the pots.

9. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Yeah, you throw some Big Bud in the gene pool and things will bulk up. I can attest to that!! Looks great Mr G!!

Be Cool, CG

10. Mrgreengenes

Root picture Hempy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Thnx boss. Appreciated. :redbong:

12. DXE

DXE Moderator

What do you feed them and how often do you water them - just like dirt pots or more like what you feed your table?

13. Mrgreengenes

Hey dxe, The plants are in 2 gallon pots. I water every 3 days.

In Veg I use 9 milliliters per gallon Canna Substra Vega A and B two part mix. I also use Botanicare Cal-Mag at 3 mil per gallon.

In Flower I use 9 mil per gallon Canna Substra Flores A and B mix.

I also use Botanicare Cal-Mag at 3 mil per gallon, and Cannaboost at 10 mil per gallon starting two weeks into flower.

Depending on the size of the pot you will need the hole about three inches from the bottom. The bottom of the pot becomes the res for the plant. You want to use perlite that is about pea size, it works best.

When we get together I'll show you first hand. :thumbs-up:

14. DXE

DXE Moderator

I guess you could easily do organics like I do with dirt - just would worry about overfeeding as I dont give nutes with every watering as you do in this setup...

15. Mrgreengenes

I forgot to mention every third or fourth watering I use pH adjusted water only it kind of works like a mini flush.

16. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Dxe hempy is easy... I woukdnt use organics in hempy as the solution sits without aeration for days. It will go anaerobic and wreeck havoc on the plant

17. Mrgreengenes

BigBud214 thanks for pointing that out. :thumbs-up:

18. Mrgreengenes

Here are the girls one week into flower.

Temps run 74 during the day and 60 degrees at night.

Both of the Woodys GDP are girls.

Here are pictures one week before, after I defoliated. The second picture is today.

[​IMG]

Today

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2015
  19. DXE

DXE Moderator

So what do you think - does the led make any difference at one week?

20. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

One tip. I feel you get better growth rates with temps running 80-85 with LEDs. Might turn that exhaust down a little more.