Blue Blue Thursday

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by friendlyfarmer, May 14, 2009.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I just obtained some smoke. The girl said it was Blueberry. Well, I've never smoked Blueberry that I know of, so I have no real basis for comparison, but I laid a decent sized bud out in a sushi dish and broke a chunk off. Feels good, like a sticky cigar. Not too fluffy, not too dry and brittle, nice and sticky. I packed a litle bong and did one pretty big hit, but no real cough. It's smooth and sweet tasting.

I took off and have been reading posts for over an hour, and then realized that I was grinning for no apparent reason, and that I was HIGH as a kite. Then I remembered the shit was supposed to be Blueberry. I glanced down at the bud on the white dish and sure enough - blueish-green tint to it. Now it may be the light, but I'm happy with believing it is blueish. And the kicker.....shit smells just like I opened a packge of blueberry flavored oatmeal. It totally smells like blueberries, or at east the chemical rendition of blueberry that oatmeal makers make. I swear to god, I can smell if from here. It smells so delicious, and it looks damn frosty.

I think I really scored. I think I got some real live Blueberry. The smell is intoxicating. I close my eyes and beath in deeply and I see hot summer nights in cornfields, with the heavy damp sweet scent of live green growing things. This weed really smells spicy and sweet at the same time, and MUSKY. It smells very natural, organic.

This is good because it means that someone else in my part of the world is growing good shit. Thank you, whoever you are.

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Some of 'us' can grow and some of 'us' can only bs everyone.

3. Guerilla Family

Guerilla Family Serious Guerilla Farmer

pfft whatever that means astro.. :rofl:

Whether its blueberry or not, sounds like some deent smoke. Congrats on the find Friendly farmer! :thumbsup:

Enjoy ;)

GFam:passit:

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

It mean's he found someone who know's what they're doing.

I was just given some hash to critique; they bs'd about how good it was; it wasn't.

5. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Sounds good.:thumbsup: Sounds a lot like the dabney too.

Sorry kinda hard to tell but it has a slight blue tint. Sorry so big too!

[​IMG]

6. friendlyfarmer

Holy shit Skunky that bud is gorgeous! This stuff doesn'tl ook quite that good. Surely less frost.

And its the frost I love.

I can't wait till I'm producing top grade shit. I'm on my third grow, my first hempy. I still suck, but each time I learn a little more and screw up less. I consider it a victory if I manage to get smokable weed.

My plan is to get good growing a particular strain. Really get it dialed in with what the strain likes for optimum growth, and then do a year or two just producing from a few great Mom's. I really like this Blueberry, but I want to cross it with White RHino or GWS.....something just super white and frosty. Call it Snowberry. A few years ago I saw an ad for Snowberry on some random seed bank site that I have long since forgotten, if I ever knew it in the first place. All I remember is the picture of it. It looked like a perfect, blue-green christmas tree COVERED in frost. It looked like someone had srinkled powdered sugar all over it. Damn!

7. ncmaineac

ncmaineac Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

friendlyfarmer

congrats on the good bud find...hard to find anything good out there but i dont look too often of which i am glad...

as far as growing good pot...man i find it easy...you need 5 things...

1. big light

2. water

3. miracle grow soil

4. nutes

5. patience

yep that should do it...5 things you need...8 weeks vegging and 9 weeks flowering...and you will have killer weed...no shit...oh yah..make sure you start out with good seeds from a good seedbank

i always say this but there is a reason they call it weed...good luck...

friendlyfarmer likes this.
  8. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

SKunky I was thinking the same when I read his description.

The Dabney smells like you just opened a box of blueberry Jiffy Muffin Mix, with some musky undertones. It is by far the most blueberry smelling weed I have ever come across. My friend and I were discussing her last night, and we both aggreed that Dabney is the weed you want to fill a horsefeed bag with and walk around with it on your face all day. :rofl: Smell is so freaking awesome.

9. friendlyfarmer

Useless, yeah! That is what I want to do!

Stuff tastes pretty good too. I just did an enourmous, cough for 10 minutes hit, and then cleared the pipe and let the smoke curl through my nose. Smells like a candle store kinda!

So Dabney is the real deal huh?

:fly:

10. Useless

Dabney is imo, the godmother of all blueberry.

Speculation has it as the unknown indica in DJ SHorts Blue lines. I would say chances are more than likely that is the case. There is no denying the BB smell and funk.

A lot of my friends are digging this cut. Most medical patients are using it for pain, nausea and insomnia. This cut is now selling for 10 Euro a gram in coffee shops in Holland. :wink: The dutchies love it.

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

So where do I find some DabneyBlue beans Useless??

12. Useless

You can't get seeds. It is clone only.

13. CCrete

Yea I kinda thought so.....oh well.......sux........i want that KKSC too..........stupid PA laws!

14. choker

choker HIDING OUT

I hear names of weed all the time. I dnt even pay attention to them. Ya never know what your getting. The only way to know is to grow it your self or to know the grower. If it gets ya high then its called good smoke. I have been hearing some shit called green crack in my area. I heard the claim of grand daddy purple as well. It was not good smoke what ever it was.

15. CCrete

For sure Choker................same here........I know this guy who runs his mouth bout what he gets all the time......lemon this, diesel that blah blah blah.....dude smoked some of my NL and PPP.......now he calls me every 2-3-4days......dipshit also made the mistake of tellin me what he was paying for a cut of "fire"......$55-75 a cut.....???? holy shit right?......hes happy as a pig in shit when I give him a zip for $450.......shit, so am I

16. friendlyfarmer

:new_blackey:

17. DXE

DXE Moderator

I feel pretty good bout knowing the lineage of what I have in my stable...

I know where all of my genetics came from and with a few exceptions feel they were correctly labeled (FF :5eek: )

18. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

Like the old saying, "Fools and their money soon go different ways".

Thank God for capitalism!!:coolbounce: And people with money they feel like parting with.

Be Cool, CG

19. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

So to get dabney I would have to locate a shop that carries clones of it, or is it strictly a underground type of deal. I reckon Colorado would be closest.

20. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I would say "underground". Someone would have to be a fool to let a dispensary have it.