Blue Dream

Discussion in 'Strains and Crosses' started by bigbudztoo, Oct 8, 2014.

1. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

Blue dream,

Has anyone grown it here ? Or smoked it ? I have narrowed it down

to Humboldt Seeds or Cali-connection through the attitude as far as

a breeder.

So, anyone with knowledge about it, please weigh in. I am curious to

know if it lives up to the hype surrounding it.

Thanks

BBT

2. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

It's delicious and heavy hitting! Here's the one bean I popped from HSO, but I'm not working with fems anymore:

[​IMG]

The true cut comes from the "Bay" area, and it was an accidental cross.

The legend goes that DJ Short accidentally went into a Super Silver Haze room with some of his Pre 99 Blueberry Pollen on himself. This created the cut known as Blue Dream today. He himself tried to recreate this strain, which was called Azure Dream, I believe.

HSO used the San Diego cut, and selfed out their Blue Dream seeds. This cross is not very stable and seems to show a much more Indica dominant side within the seeds. You can find something close to the original, but be prepared to pheno hunt.

Cali-Connection jumped on the Blue Dream bandwagon after HSO and DJ Short. They did the same as HSO and Selfed the cut. Their pics look way closer to the original IMO, but I'd expect variation here, too.

I would say your best bet would be to go with DJ Short if you could ever track down his Azure Haze, because it's Regular seeds and he's the legend that was originally responsible for that strain.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2014
  3. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

I had a lot of HSO gear and have been disappointed by them. Is go the Cali Connection route or DJ Short. Just my $.02

4. bigbudztoo

All right, Guys.

Thanks for the info. Most of the breeders seem to be offering it in mainly femed seeds. Disco, that pic looks great. I will poke around and see if

i can find Dj's original azure strain.

BB, thanks for the HSO info as well. makes the decision easier.

I am ready for something different, maybe come up with some

cool freebies as well.

BBT

5. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

6. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

I got the original clone cut and yes everybody loves it, it is a nice uper high with good pain relief.

I have seen many grown from seed, not sure of the seed banks though. I have seen at least 4 or 5 peoples who grew them and not one looked or compaired in quality to the original.

Infact that one disco put up is the closest ive seen, just a tad more indica it looks like.

7. Discorilla

Discorilla Shining like a Discoball!

It was short and bushy, that's for sure!

8. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Ya mine is tall but not ugly lanky tall its leaves are pretty skinny but is still an 8,9 week'r, the number of crystals and bud structure on yours looks like mine though. Smells very fruity also.

9. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

I crossed blue dream with useless' katscan. I only pollinated one bud so very few seeds. One is half way through flowering at my friends (not Ra's) house and it really looks nice. Looks more like BD that katscan. I'll have to hit him up for some pics.

10. Herb

Herb Mountain Man

I'm growing it out right now myself but I have no way of knowing the lineage of this plant. It definitely exudes the sativa side. All I can say with certainty is that it was a clone from a Cali dispensary. It was a slow bloomer and looks to be a LONG bloomer, but damn....the yield is going to be crazy. Really looking forward to trying this strain out. :redbong:

11. bigbudztoo

I ordered some Blue Dream but they didn't make it through to me.

Bummer, was looking forward to giving it a go.