Brand new 128 cloner issues

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by CCrete, Dec 16, 2015.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

I run a few cloners, 2-30s and 1-64 site, the 3 of em run at about 90-100% rooting rate. I need more so I bought a 128 site instead of 2 other ones...well I run them all together, same mom plants, same clones...everything has always been the same with my setup for the past 6 years. Well, every single fucking clone in the 128 is moosh and dead....so I clean the lving hell out of it and fill it halfway....dead AGAIN...clean it even better again (mind you this came out of the box brand new a week b4 I used it)....filled it halfway again, 10 days later DEAD!!!! But meanwhile the other 64 and 2-30s are doing what they always do ...WTF!is going on here!

No slime, no oil sheen, nothing noticeable at all to me, ph is great, ppm is great, nothing is any different than the other ones!!!!!!

Imagine losing over 200 clones in 3 weeks...

anyone got an idea??????????

2. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

Dam man that sucks. Ok, somethings got to be up. I dont use those cloners so I am not as familar as others and I know you are well versed in what you clean with, so pot CSI here we go. You say the plants went to mush and died off, so sounds right off the bat I would chuck that fucking cloner so far...:coolbounce:

But seriously, do you think it was new out of the box or maybe some one used and cleaned out with whatever and took or sent back and co re-sold it? Just a thought. Do you have a pic or model number of the cloner you can share to see if others had same issue with it, is it same brand as others you use??

Did you happen to check water temp? Is it sitting anywhere where it can get the water temp up? Heat sounds like next thing to check.

3. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

Wow...that would piss me right off.

Are you using the same plugs as your other cloners? I'm wondering if the plugs are too tight, or, for some reason retaining too much moisture and causing the clones to damp off?

4. blazerwill420

blazerwill420 Fuck AUMA

off gassing from the plastic...made in china.

5. ResinRubber

That was a thought, just never heard of anybody else having a problem with it. You been hearing some things lately?

6. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Was it cleaned before use, if so with what

7. bigbudztoo

bigbudztoo growin the good stuff

It appears that everything has remained constant except for the new cloner

and you cleaned the hell out of that.

I can only think that it is some sort of reaction between the water and reservoir that is killing things off.

8. CCrete

Ive used all the hard collars at first, then thought the same thing, moved to half soft n half hard...same result...clean it by hand then ran with 1/2 cup of 29% peroxide for 2 days, then with clean water for 2 days, then with 3% regular peroxide for a day, then water for 2 more days, scrubbed by hand again, then strait water for 3 more days....more clones DEAD within a week or so

meanwhile I tossed the box into the burn pile, so now that's a return issue for where I got it. It was factory sealed I think cuz it still had the staples in the cardboard on the ends where you open it, no tape

Def not a heat issue either, all of my cloners sit in a pond lined 2x8 box that is circulated by a 1/2hp chiller set at 66, cloners run at a constant 69degrees, don't forget the other 3 cloners sitting right next to it with another 124 clones is kicking ass!!!!

9. nippie

did you use any rooting hormone? gels can go bad which is why powder is way better (and fuck ton cheaper) but a lot don't run hormone in cloners

10. CCrete

no rooting crap!

11. nippie

do you got funk on your razors or using a new lotion or something? that sounds odd as hell.

12. Justcheckingitout

I am just courious why these machines are still high dollar? There must be pattents ongoing.

13. ResinRubber

Man, you did everything I would'a done. Even the burned box thing:BangHead::roffl:

:bong-2:Dunno, flummoxed. Figure Blazer must be on to something. One last ditch effort though. Is the spray intensity any different?

14. CCrete

the spray is spot on every site, that's the first thing I did when I fired it up was check the pattern cuz my one 30 site sprayer needs to be turned on a 45 to hit perfectly

I use brand new in the sealed packaging hospital scalpels...got a buddy who works on a surgical team who gets me a case a year, so that's not the issue I hope

I cleaned it out again today and am running the fucker with 5 cups of 29% peroxide, its the meanest I can get without lighting it on fire, guna let it run for 5 days, then run clean again for 5 days, then rinse and run clean again...we shall see but its fuckin with my jingle!

15. Justcheckingitout

Only put a couple clones in this time to check...:pimp:

I hope it works, nothing worse than shit driving you up the wall with a kink in the money printer.

Just courious if you kept checking the sprayers/pump to see if they were working all the time? Any chance pump was cutting off?

16. CCrete

i mean im not a little bug so I cant really say the pump was on 24/7 but nothing differant is going on that I can see

17. Justcheckingitout

I read around other sites and didnt see anything you didnt have coverd listed. Something caused it, hopefully you'll figure it out next run. That would have me all bugged out loosing that many clones, really the time lost and hiccup in the routine is a major pain.

18. skunky

skunky labor smoke'n lumberjack

Hmmm. So Aero cloner no issue with the misters and you have been cleaning it what sounds fine. What about air pumps? Does it have an air stone to aerate in the bottom? If so are they the same type of air pumps? What about the sub pumps? Same types or brands? Either way, Notice any surface droplets that don't just break? Had some pumps that had bad seals that would allow grease/oil other small amounts of petroleum based lubricants to be displaced with the output. Took me about a month an a half to figure that shit out. Same type deal working fine then all the sudden shit for no reason. Swapped out the pumps, then also cleaned with some dish soap to help remove any non-polar crap that could have been left behind I could not visibly detect. At least that's what I attributed it to since it went away after the pumps were swapped. Though I suppose just the dawn dish soap scrubbing cold have been the trick as well. LOL Ugh ugh. Hope you figure it out man.