Brownies (canna oil)

Discussion in 'The 'Kind Kitchen' started by nippie, Jun 21, 2013.

1. nippie

nippie preachin' and pimpin'

Alrighty, had to make a friend some brownies for his bday so this is what I did

I choose Duncan Hines Chewy as it requires the most oil

Took some trim and throw it in the a pot and added DOUBLE the amount of oil the recipe called for and simmer on LOW!!! don't boil, don't smoke, low heat...that means 1 or 2 on electric stove and simmer for a hour or two

I use double because you never get all the oil back..i'm sure you could get the vast majority, but hey it's trim and it's free

[​IMG]

Strain out junk...I use a tea strainer that can be found anywhere for a couple of dollars and strain into another container (tupperware in this case)

[​IMG]

Here's the sauce pan...wiped clean to remove any trim left over and the oil next to it

[​IMG]

Now pour the oil back into the sauce pan...You don't have to do this unless you are following the next couple of steps

[​IMG]

Next..it's time to add the secret ingredient (you can skip this step if you just use trim)....but also, you want to break this up really fine, UNLESS you're a dick like me and want strong brownies...unless you get the special brownie, then you sleep in the corner while others laugh

[​IMG]

Simmer for a while longer until most of the hash is well incorporated

[​IMG]

Here's the final oil...looks brownish in this photo, but dark green in color

[​IMG]

Now it's time to make the brownies!!! I choose this brand because it calls for the most oil...more oil means canna oil

[​IMG]

Mix the batter according to directions

[​IMG]

Pour into lined pan...this just makes it easier to remove (remember to spray pan release agent)

[​IMG]

Bake in the oven according to the box and check with toothpick (poke in center and tooth pick comes out clean)

[​IMG]

Enjoy...or if you're a dick like me, tell the person to enjoy and watch out for the special pieces :roffl:

2. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Man, I bet those are potent. Edibles send me straight into nap mode. I just can't fight the urge to go lay down when I eat strong edibles.

3. nippie

I figured instead of chocolate chips or nuts, throw some hash chips in there for a surprise.

The wife made a nice little note..happy birthday...enjoy with caution :roffl:

I have to get a camera..., the wife has one but I'm not allowed to use it and I bought it, lol, thinking I lost a cord to it once and now I'm not allowed to use it

I hope he likes them, I usually make mild stuff for him..little older so a little goes a long way. I trying to craft this baking/cooking thing down, was suppose to send some brownies to a tester a while back but they got eat. I just want to know what legal shit tastes and looks like. I just got me and people I know...it makes it hard to judge against a standard without having ever tasted what actually sells in stores.

You see all these weird recipes, it's been proven time and time again in blind tests that people prefer box brownie over homemade..so people don't have to all crazy.

I usually to Ghiradella (??) Brownies and it calls only for a 1/3 cup and they are a nice, stay high all day but functioning kinda high...this should be a little more potent as I went heavy one the oil maybe (.875 cups instead of .75) threw in some hash and let some hash chips stay in the mix.

I think the taste will be off. The Ghiradella usaully taste like brownies are awesome, I'm thinking this will taste like my cookies and knock you out like they do. Hoping they like it

4. Mrgreengenes

Mrgreengenes Administrator

I do the same thing. Store the oil in a Olive oil glass container, then you can leave it in the cabinet until needed. :thumbs-up:

5. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

My cookies are better than anything I've ever gotten from a dispensary. Right now I have some Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Chips in them. Mmmm. One cookie is a potent high and two cookies is "Good Night, Sleep Tight".

6. nippie

Yeap, oil can store for a while in dark air tight container. It will eventually rancid, but I've never meet someone that had canna oil for more than a month or two.

I have stored it many times and sometimes just use maybe 1/2-3/4 of recipe and use reg oil if I'm worried about taste.

I hear a lot of people try to use butter in brownies, oil works much better...butter for cookies, oil for brownies.

7. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

One nice thing about butter is that you can freeze and store it pretty much indefinitely.

8. nippie

texture...brownies and a few others just need an oil. You can use butter and yeap freezers are awesome, but sometimes you need that oil for a cake or brownie texture.

I'm gonna to make some cookies soon...you have any suggestions?

9. dlr42

dlr42 King of GrowKind

Mmmmmmmmm, peanut butter cookies.

Peace....

10. jr215

jr215 Caged hippie

Thanks for sharing Nippie! I make a lot of edibles. Mostly cookies and brownies, but I made salad dressing once with olive oil infused with ganja. That was one happy salad.