Bubble hash

Discussion in 'Hash and Oil' started by EvilSkuzzi, Apr 17, 2012.

1. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

How much trim do you need to get a decent result?

2. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I use about 5-6 of the big zip lock freezer baggies full of trim. I get about an ounce from that.

3. Midnight Garden

Midnight Garden Excommunicated

you usually get 10 to 15 percent of what you put in. You put in 300g weed and get around 30g hash.

4. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Yeah; you should get 10% return.

5. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

NOw is that dry trim?

Do you dry your trim before freezing it or just stick it straight in the freezer?

6. Stash2.0

Stash2.0 Harvested Fat Sticky Bud

Higher than 10

7. Grown in Tx.

Grown in Tx. Locked and Loaded

this q never got answered, and it's what i was needing to know:BangHead:

8. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

I just keep it dried in large lb size baggies. I have never put it in the freezer. Shit I never keep track of the amount used just the hash it gives.

I just keep adding layers in a five gallon bucket of weed and ice till its full let it sit about a hour and start to mix it with a drill and a paint stirrer.

t6

9. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

I've not run bubble hash (just blender hash through a coffee filter) but my understanding is that the more dry the better. I usually wait until the trim crumbles to the touch before tumbling (different process I know) or making BHO. Interestingly, the last time I made BHO I had to oven dry my trim because it was so humid the trim was starting to mold in the paper bag I had it in. THe BHO came out black. I dunno if low heat (150 F) to dry does something bad to the trichomes. It might totally ruin a bubble hash run since it may melt the trichomes, making it then impossible to extract from the weed with mechanical process. Butane seems to get it out of the weed no matter what it's physical state going in.

I think freezing helps keep the trichome heads hard and intact so they suspend in the water better. Just my 2 cents...

:bong-2:

10. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I freeze my trim

11. EvilSkuzzi

EvilSkuzzi Sweet Guy

I froze it wet. It produced hash, but it was green. Not very light green like you see in the videos, but green. It tastes like hash and gets you fucked, its just green.

Next run ill dry first then freeze. We'll see if the colour changes.

12. Lvstickybud

Lvstickybud Bongmaster

I follow Useless's advice on this and I freeze it fresh off the buds. It starts off green but after drying and handleing it, it turns to a dark brown or black on the outside and light brown on the inside.