budder.....how do i make it?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana' started by CCrete, Jul 28, 2012.

1. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

just looking for the best way to make budder for my grandmothers cookies....thanks to astro n ras for any and all help given

2. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Although I already answered this and am extremely tired (admitting someone who did 11 bags/heroin today is rather tiring ), I'll repeat :lmao:

I only use bud; zero trim!

Take 3/4 oz./ 2 sticks butter and grind it

melt butter in roughly 8 cups water (helps if your container holds that much, for one pour)

add weed to mixture and reduce to a simmer (small bubbles)

stir occassionally for 30-40 mins.

strain into container thru cheese cloth (I have a hand-held strainer that rests atop my container) latex gloves help, so you can squeeze all the goodness out!

put the container in the fridge and when the butter separates from the water (and is hard enough), pour the water off. You now have a slap of grade A cannabutter :thumbsup:

I've learned to measure the butter before using because you lose alittle in the process. If you don't add regular to the canna for the exact amt., you'll have rock hard cookies! Been there, done that! Still ate them :lmao:

Feel free re: any questions

Tramadol didn't help my Mom's nerve pain, but cookies did the trick :thumbsup:

(that's another story, but it's the first time she used weed in any form, at 69 :bravo: )

ResinRubber likes this.
  3. ShadowWarrior

ShadowWarrior In The Spirit Realm

Thanks for sharing that MrAstro, I'll try it sometime.

4. Useless

Useless Diogenes Reincarnate

I prefer to use hash in the butter. About 3 grams per stick. Gives a nice subtle spice flavor, similar to a pinch of cinnamon.

5. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I don't see how mixing hash in will evenly distribute.

Do explain.

6. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

You melt the hash into the butter.

7. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

OK, but that seems like extra work for the same end result. I'm all for keeping things simple.

8. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

I've been thinking about trying hash to make butter. :passsit:

I use ABV buds (Already Been Vaped) I hit them once through my vaporizer and save the buds. I use 2 ounces of ABV in 5 sticks of butter 1 1/4 lbs. I do mine in a saucepan on the stovetop. ABV straight into the melted unsalted butter and heat on the lowest possible setting for about 2 hrs. Strain it through a cheesecloth and viola you have potent ganja butter that doesn't taste like ganja. :passsit:

9. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

i agree, it doesnt has strong of a taste compared to bud. i also think that its much easier to apply because you dont have to remove any organic matter with cheese cloth. when using hash i also use straight butter, no water. so you see, its actually a lot easier to cook with hash

10. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

If you put hash directly into the melted butter and simmer for a while, the hash will just completely melt into and mix in with the butter?

:read2:

11. link420

link420 Smokin' Fat Sticky Buds

not really. Let me explain how do it: First I granulate the hash by pressing it through a screen (kitchen strainer with screen works great). This is easiest to do right after extraction, I've never done it with pressed hash. After doing that the hash is nice and small, similar in size to brown sugar. When I simmer it in the butter, it doesn't actually melt away, you can still see it, but its not enough organic material to warrant a straining through a cheese cloth. I simmer on the lowest setting for half an hour, stirring every few minutes. After half an hour in take the pan off the heat and usually use the butter in a brownie mix right away. The outcome is some super potent brownies with almost no funky taste to them.

I've cooked many times using trim and popcorn buds, and the taste was never as good as with the hash butter.

12. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

And what type would that be? I was thinking of using Wax and I think it would melt into the butter and mix pretty evenly. There is really no solid organic matter in the Wax, it's just solidified oils and resins extracted from the plant material. Seems like it would be perfect for cooking with. :passsit:

13. Hank Chinaski

Hank Chinaski Ruminating

Going by his previous comment, qwiso.

:smokin:

14. rasganjah

rasganjah True Ganjaman

Ahhh. Ok. I would think that would melt pretty well too. :passsit:

15. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

BHO or Qwiso works best. Melts in almost instantly. Easier to measure too. Using bud or trim I'm never sure how strong my butter is going to be. If I have lots of hash it's hash butter. No hash but lots of trim or bud and it's plain ol budder.

16. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

Well Betty Crocker???

17. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

She bailed on the idea cuz the Doc told her that she was getting a ton of blood work done and she was super nervous about MJ showing up when shes 80..........but in a twist of fate they changed her meds around and shes very comfortable and smiling now

Im doing my best for her, she'll stay here till her last days, we now have Hospice coming in a few days a week to give additional care but so far things are good, thanks for any and all caring, much appreciated

18. teamster6

teamster6 A Fat Sticky Bud

It takes a good person to do what you are doing. Rest assured when the time comes that she goes you will be happy that you gave her the care she deserves.

t6

19. MrAstro

MrAstro R.I.P

I always told my parents I'd take care of them as long as I can, as opposed to shipping them off to a nursing home!

MJ doesn't show-up unless you're testing for it :lmao: