Bugs bugs!

Discussion in 'Outdoor Cultivation' started by that gringo, Dec 14, 2011.

1. that gringo

that gringo Young Bud of GK

so i have been getting these tiny white flies all over my plant.are they bad?

2. teamster6

teamster6 Guest

sounds like fungas knats and yes they are not good.

t6

3. that gringo

so i am spraying daily but they keep comin back bc the rain here washes away the pesticide,any tips on controling them better?:bug:

i just looked at pics of fungus nats and thats not what i have.

4. 420/24/7/4/12

420/24/7/4/12 Excommunicated

Is this Outdoor and in the right section?

I have never seen a white fly problem outdoors.

5. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

If it's gnats or something localized to your plants spread diatomaceous earth around the base to deter the adults from laying their eggs in the soil and any emergent juveniles. You'll still need to reapply but if you lay down a good layer it should last few a few light rains.

6. that gringo

yes this is an outdoor problem,and thanks for the advice:coolbounce:

7. 420/24/7/4/12

420/24/7/4/12 Excommunicated

Are you finding any damage on the plants? Are the in the ground or in containers? If they are the gnats that come out of the soil, they are harmless, but not knowing exactly what they are, don't assume it.

I have never seen serious, severe plant damage from bug problems as mother nature takes care of that with bugs that eat bugs. Now mammals is another story.

8. that gringo

well, when they lay eggs underneath the leafs, it leaves white spots, and some leaves at the bottom have gotten took over by these flys....i just hope they stay off the buds...