Bushmaster questions

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Cultivation' started by friendlyfarmer, Apr 11, 2014.

1. friendlyfarmer

friendlyfarmer Rollin' Coal

CC is this what you use to stop vertical growth? Anybody use this before?

[​IMG]

2. friendlyfarmer

Crap ascophyllum nodosom is the active ingredient, which is just concentrated kelp. Wiki says nothing about stopping growth. I need me some good old fashioned paclobutrizol.

Anybody have a growth inhibitor they recommend? Looks like I will be ordering this.

3. CREATIVE GARDENER

CREATIVE GARDENER Cured Fat Sticky Bud

View attachment 18931 Never used a nute additive to inhibit growth but here's an idea from my wife's Paula Dean colection:kidding: Be Cool, CG

005.jpg

/monthly_2014_04/005.jpg.7e4fe816c89d356f9875ab557c5e773a.jpg

4. friendlyfarmer

I've just got to get in there and do some trimming and bending.

[​IMG]

5. Bigbud214

Bigbud214 Ganja Guru Extreme

Bush master is supposed to stop vertical growth. There has been some scrutiny as its rumored Bushmaster has carcinogens that are left behind. That's all I know...lol

6. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

Yes, you can use it to stop vert growth but its only useful in week 1 and/or week 2

I, Personally, stopped using it a while ago....but it does its job for sure.

It makes things look like hell but they recover and seem to have no ill effects...USELESS gave me the regiment to use it in, but it was so long ago ive forgot the measurements, but...its on here somewhere in a thread.

7. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Like he said its only good in week 1 or 2 and ya it dose its job but you have to use like 1 third strength nutrients and only half to 3/4 ml per gal of bushmaster.

8. friendlyfarmer

OK cool. What product you referring to?

The old Bushmaster (not the stuff I got) had paclobutrazol in it. The new Bushmaster that I bought does NOT have that, and is not touted or labeled as a plant growth inhibitor. The stuff I bought is sold as a bud hardener, not vertical growth inhibitor.

Bush Load is the product I want I think. http://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-Bush-Load-8oz/dp/B009B1HMMS

9. greenjah

greenjah A Fat Sticky Bud

Looked at my bottle, it says

0-0.1-0

Guaranteed analysis

Derived from phosphoric acid

Active ingreedient

Nonplant food ingredient

1.5% ascophyllum nodosum (sea kelp)

This is the stuff I used and it stopped the verticals growth, I think I used it in the middle of week one and then in the middle of week two.

10. Justcheckingitout

Justcheckingitout GK Old Timer

This is what I read on useless GH3 formula...

KaBloom, Kool Bloom, MOAB, Bushmaster *(see note on BM) Phosphoload etc should only be used during week 5 on an 8 week strain.

(BM can be used at the start of flower to totally stop any vertical stretch)

* During week 5 if not using a booster like Superbud, Bushmaster Kabloom etc. run 2.5-7-18. I use MOAB (Mother of All Blooms) or BushMaster at 50% of recommended strength, and use 1.25-3.5-9 for the fert base.

11. CCrete

CCrete Mr. Poopyfacepeepeehead

i would NEVER use it after week 2

12. friendlyfarmer

Greenjah thanks for the info. I guess I got the right stuff after all.

So according to Useless you use it in week 5, but you guys are saying not after week 2? I can see week 5 being so late that it screws up the buds. Most plants are into serious bud-building by week 5 and stretch will be close to over by then anyway. So I will go with week 2, and wait until the next table to use it. The current table that prompted this thread has already completely overgrown the room and I've been cutting stalks that hit the light.

Oh well. Next time. :passsit:

13. friendlyfarmer

Next time happened and I hit two tables with Bushmaster at the end of week one and let it sit for one week.

BUSHMASTER TOTALLY STOPS VERTICAL GROWTH

Bushmaster totally stops vertical growth.

Now after week 3 they have recovered from looking droopy and tired, and are building buds differently than the non-bushmaster buds did.

I endorse this product as a vertical growth inhibitor. I will let you know about what it does to the buds.

14. ResinRubber

ResinRubber Civilly disobedient/Mod

:popcorn-2: